moonbat69 - check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

moonbat69

moonbat69 - check in

Post by moonbat69 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:39 pm

I'm transitioning from WeightWatchers to the more "sane" N S Diet. I want to get back to the basic eating habits outlined in the plan.

I started Tuesday and had success. I was also successful yesterday.

Currently I'm feeling good about staying on plan, however I'm laid up with some back pain today, so it will be the first diversion from normal. We'll see how it goes. I've eaten a solid breakfast of eggs, fresh tomatoes, toast and a banana. My lunch is already prepared. Just taking one hour at a time.

Best wishes to all today!

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:32 pm

Welcome to sanity! I know weight watchers can be great short term but trying to stay on it forever is crazy making.

Sounds like you're off to a great start! Best of luck!

Linda
:twisted: SW: 210 lbs
CW: 172
GW:160

moonbat69

Post by moonbat69 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:52 pm

lpearlmom wrote:Welcome to sanity! I know weight watchers can be great short term but trying to stay on it forever is crazy making.

Sounds like you're off to a great start! Best of luck!

Linda
Thanks, Linda.

moonbat69

Post by moonbat69 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:56 pm

Good morning. I had another "green" day yesterday which was great considering I was at home instead of in the office. There are many more temptations to snack at home for me and I was able to push through them. Big victory for day 3!

This coming weekend will be my first set of S days.

Best wishes.

knitapeace

Post by knitapeace » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:38 pm

Congrats! Enjoy your weekend with no guilt. :D
Everything I need, I already have.

bunsofaluminum

Post by bunsofaluminum » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:15 am

moonbat69 wrote:Good morning. I had another "green" day yesterday which was great considering I was at home instead of in the office. There are many more temptations to snack at home for me and I was able to push through them. Big victory for day 3!

This coming weekend will be my first set of S days.

Best wishes.
this is the toughest for me, too. Being home, where snacks are readily available. AND more potential for boredom. But you did it, and you can do it again.

Have some good S time this weekend. ;)

moonbat69

Post by moonbat69 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:15 pm

Thanks for the replies.

Saturday went well. My first S day resulted in some seconds at dinner and a few short bread cookies in the evening.

Feeling good about No S.

moonbat69

Post by moonbat69 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:30 pm

My first two S days went fine. I was able to relax and enjoy occasional seconds, snacks and sweets without feeling guilty about it. One of the things that I've noticed is that allowing the occasional S on the S days really emphasizes how much I really have been snacking, having seconds, and eating sweets over the years. I feel like the focus is shifting to improving those habits that have caused me the problems. Also, lawn mowing and a Sunday afternoon shopping trip with my wife gave me close to 15000 steps.

Back to No S day. I'm feeling good.

LifeisaBlessing

Post by LifeisaBlessing » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:41 pm

Great job on all the "discoveries"! It's very freeing and enlightening when following NoS gives you such valuable feedback and insights into your individual relationship with food. I've found it so empowering! And way to go with the 15,000 steps! :)
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
~Jimmy Dean

The second you overcomplicate it is the second it becomes the thing for which it is a corrective.
~El Fug, on the NoS Diet

moonbat69

Post by moonbat69 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:14 pm

I'm doing a basic, no-mod trial of NoS for three weeks while I transition from Weight Watchers. I started a week ago at 283.4 and despite a minor failure with snacking last night, I weighed in at 279.2. A loss of 4.2 pounds!

I realize that I won't experience this type of weight loss each week, but if I continue to feel good about it and see some results on the scale, in my clothes, and/or my relationship with food, I'm going to say good bye to Weight Watchers forever.

Feeling pleased. Thank you, Reinhard for your efforts and your inspiration. I really feel like I'm on to something.

:)

e-lyn

Post by e-lyn » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:06 pm

Congrats on your success!

I have such mixed feelings about Weight Watcher's. I lost 60 pounds on it many years ago by eating healthy, regular meals. But once I was near to goal
I got weary of obsessively counting points and freaking out over every little dessert. It took me a few years to gain half of it back and I've been yoyo-ing every since. It wasn't all bad. I got to be thin for a while, learn portion size as well as the value of journaling.

I haven't had much weight loss success in the short time I've been following NoS. A couple of pounds, maybe. I often think about combining NoS with counting points. Right now, I'm more concerned with finding some sanity around food so I'm trying to put those thoughts aside.

moonbat69

Post by moonbat69 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:29 pm

Minor fail yesterday. I found myself "grazing" before and after dinner. I lost focus because of my over-confidence about last week's success.

Tonight I have acupuncture treatment after work, so hopefully my energy will get back in alignment and I can focus harder tonight.

Onward...

bunsofaluminum

Post by bunsofaluminum » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:22 pm

This is terrific, though. You are aware of your mindless nibbling hahaha. That's a step in the right direction.

moonbat69

Post by moonbat69 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:20 pm

Another success yesterday.

As I do this, I begin to notice things about my snacking habit. The longer I stay up in the evening, the more I feel the need to fill the time with food. Last night, I told myself to go to bed, otherwise I'd just want to snack more.

Happy Friday!
I don't DO No S. I PRACTICE No S.

RAWCOOKIE

Post by RAWCOOKIE » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:53 pm

:lol: Yes, going to bed is an option I often choose to overcome any feelings of wanting to snack!
I love Everyday Systems :3

13.6.15 124.25lbs
11.11.21 101.00lbs

knitapeace

Post by knitapeace » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:29 pm

Ha me too! Three or four years ago when I first starting trying to lose weight I remember one night when I had logged all my food and was out of calories for the day, got "hangry," snapped my husband's head off with my sharp tongue and cried, "I'm hungry and I can't eat so I'm just going to BED!" LOL At least with No S I'm not hungry, just craving a snack. So I can go to bed without injuring anyone's feelings first!
Everything I need, I already have.

moonbat69

Post by moonbat69 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:42 pm

Despite having a couple of failures last week, I stayed the same weight, so I'll count that as a victory for week 2 of my 3 week trial. Today is day one of the third week, and I'm pressing on taking care to focus on my evening snacking problem.

Best wishes to all!

moonbat69

Post by moonbat69 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:02 pm

I'm still going strong and I still feel like this is a much more sane way to do it. The last three days have been successful and I'm heading into the weekend.

Best wishes!

RAWCOOKIE

Post by RAWCOOKIE » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:14 pm

Great! Enjoy your weekend!
I love Everyday Systems :3

13.6.15 124.25lbs
11.11.21 101.00lbs