Lily's daily checkin

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gyoshoshinshi

Lily's daily checkin

Post by gyoshoshinshi » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:56 pm

Starting No-S! Goals are:
- Lose that stubborn 5 pounds of excess weight on my thighs (icky!)
- Stop eating SO MUCH SUGAR

Starting weight: 154
Yesterday's sugar intake: very large peanut butter cookie, 3 tablespoons of chocolate chips ( my major source of sugar )

Merry

Post by Merry » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:53 pm

Welcome!
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

gyoshoshinshi

Lily's daily checkin

Post by gyoshoshinshi » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:47 pm

Success! Even though I had a very garlicky restaurant lunch which gives me horrible sugar cravings. I just brushed my teeth more.

RAWCOOKIE

Post by RAWCOOKIE » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:27 am

Awesome! Cleaning your teeth is an effective way to 'break the habit' of wanting sugar after a garlic/salt/fat (?) meal. Way to go!

Wishing you a SUCCESSFUL Tuesday :D
I love Everyday Systems :3

13.6.15 124.25lbs
11.11.21 101.00lbs

gyoshoshinshi

Lily's daily checkin

Post by gyoshoshinshi » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:06 am

Success on Tuesday! Even though work was very stressful and I CRAVED sugar. I did have some fruit juice.

ekat

Post by ekat » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:19 am

That post-meal craving for a "palate cleanser" is something I haven't figured out yet. I've just been powering through. Maybe a strong coffee or something to signal the end of the meal?

e-lyn

Post by e-lyn » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:23 am

I had terrible sugar cravings the first few weeks and couldn't stop anticipating my S day treats. I found that fruit really works as a palate cleanser and a way to end the meal. At first I didn't like having it with my meals. I was used to eating it between meals and it gave me a bit of tummy discomfort. But that went away and I really do enjoy it now. Most of the time it's just a couple of apricots or a few cherries. Sometimes I want a bit more and I'll slice up a banana and put a bit of cottage cheese or plain yogurt on top.

liveitup

Post by liveitup » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:46 am

Fruit is a great idea and I sometimes spoon some on my plate in lieu of something heavier and I never regret it. It's just hard to do it when you're loading up a plate and the choice is fries or fruit, but it always tastes so much better than it sounds. A cup of watermelon following some heavy food is so satisfying. I had a peach earlier this week that was juicier than the watermelon. Now is the time to eat them, they are amazing!

My S days involve some sweet indulgences, sometimes way more than I planned on!

Good luck on your journey. You've found a great community of amazing and supportive people here.