Kssmith0's daily check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Kssmith0

Kssmith0's daily check in

Post by Kssmith0 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:10 pm

I'm so excited to start this new journey. I've had the no s plan for a long time, but needed this accountability. The habit cal should do just what I'm hoping for. I'm a 58 year old who weighed 305 this morning. The rest of my. Life will not be lived like this. Changes need to be made. I'm a Christian, but I've never been serious about taking care of the temple.

Thank you for your support, and thank you, Reinhold for creating this system.
Kssmith0

RAWCOOKIE

Post by RAWCOOKIE » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:57 pm

Welcome, and good luck! It's a great system - post often and allow us to cheer you on!
I love Everyday Systems :3

13.6.15 124.25lbs
11.11.21 101.00lbs

e-lyn

Post by e-lyn » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:58 am

Welcome to the board! I wish you the very best on your NoS journey.

Merry

Post by Merry » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:25 am

Welcome! Let us know how we can support and encourage you :-). I find marking the little squares in the habitcal very motivating for me! Also, in the No S general discussion board, we have a monthly check-in going where we all post how our month is doing--you might find that encouraging too. Praying you have a good first week!
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation