Lil Mouse's Hole In The Wall

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:22 pm

ceu wrote:Evil graham cracker! I swear those things lie in wait. :shock:
Don't I know IT! *sigh*
You're thinking about your eating and generally following a trend to better eating habits. Good work on all your healthy choices this week. :)
Thanks! It's not always an easy task around here - I'm pretty much outnumbered! :lol:
ps. I am getting a lot of cardio workout. 8)
::snicker:: A gal after my own heart! ;) Glad you're having "fun"! 8)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Looks like I'm taking the whole day off from work today - I only have 1-1/2 tapes sitting on my desk that would need to hold me over for today AND Monday - ain't gonna happen! I originally was going to just take a half day but after stopping by the office this morning and having NOTHING to pick up, I told them "You never saw me this morning! I'm taking the WHOLE day off!" :lol: ;)

So now I"m heading downstairs to walk on the treadmill for a bit and then DH & I will be going to see about a new sofa that we looked at last weekend! :D

Oh, I almost forgot! I received a phone call this morning from one of my 17 YO's teachers - one that he usually has "problems" with. She wanted to call and let me know that she had to do some re-arranging in her classroom due to one of her OTHER students having problems; she asked our son if he would volunteer to work with this student and he agreed! She thought that was so very nice of him and just wanted to call and let us know about it!

This is so refreshing to hear.......especially since we've been having some "issues" with him this school year (it's his senior year). I'll be sure to mention her call to him when he comes home later today! He really is a good kid.............just going through the usual teenage "angst" right now. It's not the first time we've had to deal with this......and not the last, I'm sure! lol
~Ellen~

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:25 pm

Quickie post:

30 min
1.78 miles
45 crunches (on stability ball)

Oh, BTW, I also did 45 crunches on my stab. ball on Wednesday but forgot to post it! D'Oh!

Anyhoo.....gonna clean up, eat something, and then head on outta here! 8)
~Ellen~

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:54 pm

Oh my! We couldn't have planned our trip to the furniture store any better! Not only did they have the sofa we wanted in-stock, but their delivery guys were just getting set to make a run, so after handing over the $$, they set about putting our new sofa on the truck before we even hit the door! :lol:

We also got it for $100 less than the SALE sticker price! ::thumbs up!:: (And DH thought he was going to have to try haggling down on the price - pshaw!)

We almost picked up a new matching recliner for DH, too.........but he wasn't sure he wanted to spend the extra $$......then as we're driving away, he was vacillating between turning around and/or waiting until another time. Finally, I asked him "What do your GUTS tell you?" He said "Wait". So, I told him to go with that and stop fretting/thinking about it any further. (It didn't matter to me either way)

We barely had time after coming straight home to move our old sofa into the dining room and vacuum the carpet before they delivered the new one! :shock: They even helped DH wrestle and wrangle the old sofa down into the basement (it's a sofa sleeper :!: ) So we tipped them and told them to have a couple "green ones" on us! :lol:

Off to contemplate dinner............ :?: :?: :?: (Nope! I have NO CLUE as to what I'm going to make!)
~Ellen~

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:24 am

Heh heh heh! I ended up NOT having to cook tonite - oldest son came over with the little one and he ordered pizza - on HIS dime! :)

I did very well - only had 3 slices and no extras! I did contemplate fixing a small salad on the side (okay...would have been more than one plate but a HEALTHY addition), but decided not to after all. :)

So today is definitely a SUCCESS!

We've got a LOT planned for this weekend - going to start tackling our basement project..........not really looking forward to it, but we've been putting it off for two years now..........oh well, better late than never! :lol:

Have a GREAT weekend everyone!
~Ellen~

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:17 pm

Yesterday was a SUCCESS (of course!) My only "indulgences" were some choc-covered peanuts & Pringles in the evening while watching movies -- I think I would have been better off making some popcorn instead 'cuz I felt rather crappy later on - ugh!

We got ALL my exercise equipment moved out of the corner of the basement where it was and now have a "clean slate" to start working on the next phase of our plans. The only thing we did set up is my treadmill for now since it's the only thing I'm currently using (until the weather gets a little better and I can head outside).

Today we'll be heading to Menards (like Home Depot or Lowe's for other parts of the country)......oh yay!

I've canceled my Sunday afternoon "Stitch-n-Bitch" get-togethers for the next several weeks - weekends are the ONLY time we get to work on things around here. I AM hoping that there may be an occasional Sunday here or there where DH doesn't "need me"............. 8)
~Ellen~

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:54 am

Long day.....not as productive as yesterday, but still good!

Still have lots to do downstairs, but that's okay......will try doing a little here and there during the week and then really tackle some more next weekend.

Looking forward to tomorrow and a new week of N-days..........tried to keep the S-junk damage down a bit this weekend.....my worst items today were a few more choc-covered peanuts and strawberry shortcake; otherwise, I did very well! :D
~Ellen~

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:02 pm

Happy First Day Of Spring!!!!!

Let the WARMER WEATHER begin! :D
~Ellen~

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:04 pm

Yay! Spring spring! *bounce*

Bizzarely, by calendar also tells me that it's "la journee internationale de la francophonie" today (International Speakers of French Day) :lol: Sadly I can't write this post in French anymore as my French has been stomped on by my current efforts to learn some Dutch.

Glad things are coming together for you.
Happy vernal equinox.
8)
C.
CaroleJo

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:18 pm

carolejo wrote:Yay! Spring spring! *bounce*
Feeling a little "Tigger-ish" today?! ;)
Bizzarely, by calendar also tells me that it's "la journee internationale de la francophonie" today (International Speakers of French Day) :lol: Sadly I can't write this post in French anymore as my French has been stomped on by my current efforts to learn some Dutch.

Glad things are coming together for you.
Happy vernal equinox.
8)
C.
Egads, CJ! Thank goodness you DIDN'T 'cuz I'm so mono-lingual it's pathetic! (okay, my Norwegian grandmother DID teach me one phrase when I was little but that hardly counts! lol)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a GOOD note........due to a concentrated effort on my part to keep my S-junk lower this weekend, my post-S weight is 1.4 lbs LESS than last Monday! ::thumbs up::

Hopefully with a full week of good N-days (unlike last week - ahem! :oops: ), I can start seeing some BETTER numbers on the scale! (or at least some more FAMILIAR ones!)

30 min on treadmill today
1.6 miles

Only one full segment of BW today but that's okay.......my quads were still slightly pumped when I came back upstairs, so it's all good! :D

We won't have the little one this evening - son called last night and the poor thing hadn't been able to keep anything down pretty much all day; gave him a few tips on how to keep her as hydrated as possible but the bottom line is that they pretty much have to "ride it out" for now.

I called this morning and she's doing a little better but, of course, won't be going to daycare. I told them to just keep an eye on her fluid intake, wet diapers, etc.; hopefully they won't have to bring her in.........poor baby!
~Ellen~

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:12 am

Our GD is doing much better, but still won't be going to daycare tomorrow. However, her mom does have to go in for at least a half day, so we'll have A. from about 3:30 to 8:00 p.m. No biggie - I'd much rather have her HERE instead of at daycare, just to be sure her poor little system doesn't end up with a relapse of whatever stomach bug she picked up.

Today is a SUCCESS - no funny stuff - YAY!

I did end up putting my salad in a separate bowl but, dang! I just couldn't handle the thought of my sghetti sauce ending up on my salad! Blech!
~Ellen~

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:36 am

No baby again tonite. They took her in and based on her symptoms, the doc says she probably has rotavirus - a nasty little virus that causes acute (sudden) gastroenteritis and diarrhea in young children. It basically just has to "run its course". She won't be able to return to daycare for the rest of the week at the very least. She has gotten past the vomiting and fever part; now it has settled in her "gut" causing gas cramps with diarrhea. Poor baby!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a good note........today was a SUCCESS! At least food-wise.........

Because I was waiting on phone calls for updates on how the little one was doing, I wasn't able to go downstairs to use my treadmill. That's okay....I'll just add in a few minutes here and there over the rest of the week. :D
~Ellen~

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:13 pm

So sorry about your Granddaughter Ellen!
I didn't see this till now.. That must be awful...
I've been a bit distracted and not checking NoS as much as I usually like to...

See if you can get her Mom to make some cool peppermint tea...
That is good for calming the stomach... It's probably hard to make a kid drink that, but maybe if you sweeten it up with some honey...
For gas pains, there is a great stomach meridian acupuncture point which is very easy to find and if you push on it lightly it helps move the excess energy which is manifesting as accute cramps and disperses it..
Whenever my son has a gas cramp I just hold the points and within less than a minute of two he is all better...
I'll look for a link to explain how to find it...
The point is called Stomach 36 and it's one of the biggies for the whole body.. Very good for stomach tonification and support...
Make sure that your granddaughter gets loads of extra water and electrolytes since that is depleted with diarrhea and vomiting very quickly...
Let me see if I can find the link to a description of Stomach 36...
Good luck!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Okay here's a good map of points... The stomach 36 is in the top of the Tibialis Anterior muscle, not on the bone... Just go to the kneecap, slide your thumb down the tibia (the shin bone) about three finger widths down, and then slide your hand laterally (on left leg it's left, on right leg it's right) till you are on the top of that muscle... It's a very easy point to feel, especially when it's "jitsu" or "too full"... If she has accute gas, you will feel her point almost pushing you away like an overfull balloon of energy... Just hold the point without too much pressure, and slowly the gas will dissipate...
Hope this helps...
http://www.yinyanghouse.com/acupoints/st_meridian.html
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:35 pm

Oh my gosh, Deb! Thanks EVER so much for that info!! I will call later today and have her try it!

Ya know...it's funny.....the Internal Med doc I work for ALSO promotes acupuncture for some of her patients (usually those with chronic pain problems), so this is soooo cool! I'm DEFINITELY going to be perusing that site - I love ANYTHING that's not "mainstream" as regards medicine, etc. (even tho it's my livelihood - :lol: )

Sorry to hear that you've had some recent struggles with reverting back to some old eating habits (seconds at dinner) - it's definitely the stress you're under right now. Hang in there........{{hugs}}

Best get some more work done..............
~Ellen~

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:54 pm

You're welcome... That point really works.. I use it often..
And as for "mainstream"... Well, I guess it depends on what continent you are on to consider what is and isn't mainstream.. LOL

It's been mainstream for thousands of years in China and Japan!
:)

It's great that your Western Doctor is openminded about this..that is very rare amongst American MDs..... so many are totally ignorant of anything that doesn't involve pills and surgery, or anything remotely holistic... It's not in their schooling...
You're lucky that yours is aware of these possibilities..

Have a nice day Ellen!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

ceu

Post by ceu » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:11 pm

hope your little sweetheart's doing better.

thank you for the engagement wishes. :)

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:13 pm

Yesterday was a resounding SUCCESS! Even when eating at a restaurant!

We went to a new place (for us) - kind of a 50's-retro-style place. Oh my! I had the tuna melt and, believe me, it tasted just like I remember from growing up - 'cept for the WHEAT English muffin, we only had "regular" ones. LOL My fries were served on a separate plate; however, there was PLENTY of room on my "main" one, so I "virtualized" them! :lol:

It's funny.....we've been driving down to Green Bay for 2-3 yrs now to do our grocery shopping and I can count on ONE hand how many times either one of us has ever ordered a dessert (no, last night was NOT one of them! ;) ).

I was a bit hungry after getting home and putting my groceries away....I had only eaten an apple w/ NPB during the day and then what I ordered at the restaurant, so theoretically, I COULD have eaten something. However, it was going on midnight and I really did NOT want to be eating THAT late at night; made myself a cup of green tea, sat & relaxed for a bit and then headed off to bed.

That's two nights in a row now that I have gone to bed after 1 a.m. I just know it's going to catch up with me later today......

Yikes Stripes! Gotta get ready for work...........
~Ellen~

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:51 pm

Okay.....this is just weird! I have NOT been able to access this site for over 24 hours! (and have not received ANY email notifications of any kind either)

I did manage to get in (after numerous tries!) Thurs evening and actually had typed up a post (for fear that I wouldn't be able to get back in again), but then ended up not being able to submit it. So I gave up and went to bed! lol I have no idea what I tried to post the other nite now....lol

I suppose I should go check in the General Discussion section to see if there was a technical reason for what happened..........

Before I do that.........Thurs was a SUCCESS food-wise; as for exercise - nope!

Friday was a success exercise-wise, but food-wise.....er...um...I kinda started my S-days a bit early by having some choc-covered peanuts (they're all gone now, thank goodness) and a few chili-cheese Pringles.

On a (sorta) good note, I only had ONE failure day this week (last week, it was TWO!)

GD is doing much better, btw.

Off to catch up on what I've "missed" over the past day or so......
~Ellen~

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:51 am

UGH! I think I ate waaaay too much today! Started out with a turkey & pepperjack sandwich around 2 p.m. (yeah...rather late, but I slept in and I DID have 3 cups of coffee earlier)....
Then 1 Tbs of NPB
Then 2 slices Deep Dish Pizza Quiche
THEN a bowl of Uncle Sam's cereal w/ 1/2 a banana
THEN some Pringles
and now I just finished off a piece of Zucchini Cobbler! :shock:

I feel like such a SLUG! Blech!

I think I will hop on my treadmill tomorrow or, if it's as nice as they SAY it's supposed to be, maybe I'll even walk OUTSIDE.....I usually take the weekends off from exercise but I missed three days earlier this week........

EDIT: Oh, and add in some broccoli-slaw while making the Pizza Quiche! :shock: How could I forget!!! Oh yeah, that's right! cuz I was a MUNCHING MONSTER all afternoon and evening!! :roll:
~Ellen~

ceu

Post by ceu » Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:53 pm

oh my goodness, not broccoli slaw! :shock: *tease*

your sday is nothing compared to what I ate yesterday, and it's an S day. You're doing ok. *hug*

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:04 pm

<snicker> Yes! The dreaded BROCCOLI SLAW!!! LOL

It's 1 p.m. here and even though I KNOW I should eat something, I'm not really all that hungry right now........ *sigh*

Off to go tackle some more things in the basement...........spent the majority of yesterday off "shopping" with DH (and eating! LOL)
~Ellen~

ceu

Post by ceu » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:30 pm

I think it's the belated ides of march, personally.

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:39 am

LOL Good one, ceu!

I didn't get much accomplished in the basement today........but a little is better than nothing, right?!

DH and I played Yahtzee w/ one of the boys this evening.........and he kicked our butts! :lol:

DH finished up the trim for the closet door today.....man-o-man! It sure looks GREAT! Yesterday, he was talking about waiting to do my office door......but now, after admiring his "handiwork", he thinks he wants to go ahead and do it next weekend, plus put up some trim around our kitchen doorway as well. These are the three doors that are seen from the living/dining room and I agree that by getting them done it will complete the "look". We'll just have five more to do after that! :lol:

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I'm looking forward to a new week.....but NOT the :twisted: scale! :twisted: Although, I DID do much better w/ my eating today.
~Ellen~

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:50 pm

Hi Ellen, felt like dropping you a bit of cheese and cracker crumbs at your little hole in the wall!

Keep positive!!!
By the way,, I smashed the life out of my scale on my first year of NoS...
Glad the neighbors didn't call the cops for "Scale-ocide"...
Used my SG out in the backyard!
That was fun...
I recommend it to everyone!!!

Have a nice day mousie :)
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:00 pm

Mmmmm.....cheese & crackers! One of my favorites! ;)

If my scale continues the way it has been, I just may have to break down and git me one of them thar SG's!!! :twisted:

62 min on treadmill today
3.25 miles
Only one full segment of WB today....it's Monday and I just didn't feel like "pushing it"! LOL Got a great quad pump for my efforts, tho, so it's all good! :D It's been a long time since I've gotten that far into my CD - I had forgotten some of those songs were even on there! LOL

Pretty soon I'll be able to "move it" outside! YAY! (I could really use the change in scenery! :roll: )

It's going to be a looooong week......DH's truck is going back into the shop (again!), so I'll be playing "taxi" for him AND our youngest son - oh joy!

Back to work! :D
~Ellen~

ceu

Post by ceu » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:31 pm

Sounds like you had fun during your workout. :)

I *just* bought a scale last week. I'm going to use it very sparingly. My sister's being trying to encourage me that the scale is necessary, but I'm sorta more stuck on the "I feel better" or "My clothes fit better" barometer.

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:19 am

ceu wrote:I *just* bought a scale last week. I'm going to use it very sparingly. My sister's being trying to encourage me that the scale is necessary, but I'm sorta more stuck on the "I feel better" or "My clothes fit better" barometer.
Welllll....it depends.....
If you're working out and gaining muscle, the scale will NOT show much, if any, changes..........which can be MOST frustrating (I should know....I am a self-proclaimed "scale whore"! lol). In which case, you would be best off continuing with your "usual barometer" method above....and only weighing yourself once a week or so.

I have learned to view my "scale weight" as a TOOL and do NOT let is determine my mood no matter WHAT the :twisted: thing tells me sometimes! ;)

Just my .02 here...... :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today is a SUCCESS on all fronts - food and exercise - yay me!

Off to shower and then bed!
~Ellen~

ceu

Post by ceu » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:10 pm

thanks for that ms mouse. I will definitely be using it sparingly. For me I find looking at my weight can be offputting. I think I may use it twice a month.

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:31 pm

ceu wrote:For me I find looking at my weight can be offputting. I think I may use it twice a month.
Here's a thought........if you get paid every other week, THOSE could be your weigh-in days.........if the scale isn't nice to you - GO SHOPPING! :lol: :lol: ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, I did it! I walked OUTSIDE today! Yay me!

45 minutes
35 blocks - how far is that in "miles"? I have no frellin' clue! :?: :?: :?:

I did have a wee bit 'o claudication on the incline areas but not enough to make me want to stop or even slow down - that's what I get for sitting on me bum most of the winter! :roll:

Back to work............blah!
~Ellen~

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:19 am

My day started out GREAT! But it totally crumbled around dinner time! :(

Due to DH's schedule and our youngest son's schedule, I ended up throwing in one of those Homestyle Bakes - for THEM (I won't touch it - BLECH!) So, I figured I would just make myself something when I got back from taxi-ing them around. WRONG!

After dropping DH off at work, the little one and I decided to stop by my friend's house as a surprise - she hasn't seen A. in a long time. We didn't stay very long, but by the time we got back, it was too late for me to even THINK about what I wanted to make for myself - and I ended up "grazing" - a little of "this", a little of "that" - UGH! - totally snacky foods! :oops:

So today ended as a FAILURE.

However, I will NOT let it get me down.........tomorrow is another day and I shall forge ahead! :)

Off to bed.........I have to get up at the butt-crack of dawn tomorrow to pick DH up from work at 6 a.m. :!:
~Ellen~

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:25 pm

Up and starting my work day early - 2 cups of coffee under my belt already! :lol:
~Ellen~

ceu

Post by ceu » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:31 pm

go girl! :)

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:43 am

LOL Yes, ceu - not only am I a "scale whore", but a coffee-holic, too! ;) Hey! I gotta have SOME vices left available to me, right?! ;)

EXCELLENT day as regards exercise today:

45 minutes OUTSIDE (again! - ;) )
36 blocks

We hit 59 degrees today, but the wind was a biatch! Gotta remember to start putting my hair up in a ponytail again!

Oh, someone gave me a simple formula for "guesstimating" the conversion of blocks to miles. And I realized today that I only walked 34 blocks yesterday, not 35 - :roll: Oooooh, BIG difference! LOL

Anyway, erring on the LOW side, 36 blocks = 3.0 miles (+/-)

I'm going to continue on my current "route" through the end of the week and then move up to my REGULAR route next week, which should work out to 4.0 miles (+/-)....and increases my time to a full hour.

Food-wise was sorta-kinda a SUCCESS.....

I decided to whip up a chicken salad this afternoon........
everything was going fine.....until....
I accidentally opened the WRONG flap on the top of my Emeril's Original Essence bottle..........
I didn't realize my error until AFTER I gave it a couple of good shakes! :shock:

Oh.My.God!

There was just NO saving it.......
and the whole thing went straight down the disposal! BLECH! (yes, I DID taste it first - N-A-S-T-Y!!!)

I ended up eating 1/2 of a NPB on whole wheat bread - moreso just to get that foul taste out of my mouth! :P

Needless to say, I wasn't hungry for quite awhile after that! :roll:

Dinner was uneventful! (thank goodness!)

Off to bed..........have to get up early AGAIN tomorrow morning.........DH's truck SHOULD be back sometime tomorrow afternoon - YAY! :D
~Ellen~

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:20 am

45 minute walk outside
36 blocks

It looks like I shall be relegated to the "dungeon"...er...basement tomorrow - it's supposed to start raining later tonight and continue on through tomorrow - :( - so unless the forecasters are WRONG (not likely - this time), there will be no walking outside. *sigh*

Food was excellent today, too! 8)

Off to bed now......I am utterly exHAUSTED! ::yawn::
~Ellen~

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:51 pm

It's overcast and threatening to rain any minute.......but I'm all changed into my "walking clothes" and am going to attempt to walk outside anyway in a little bit! (I MUST be crazy! lol)
~Ellen~

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:43 am

Mother Nature was kind to me today and held the rain until late this afternoon! :D

45 minutes outside
36 blocks

Food is right on-track, too! ::thumbs up::

Off to watch "The Ghost Whisperer" and then "King Kong" - sure hope I can stay awake that long!!! :wink:
~Ellen~

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:35 pm

Dang it! I couldn't access this site AGAIN yesterday - grrrrr!

Anyhooo.....S-days are going very VERY well! Actually, other than some chips yesterday afternoon, I've been eating more N-like! :lol: But, that's okay.......I'm getting tired of gaining over the weekend, then trying to re-lose everything during the week.....especially since the GAINS are "gaining" on me! Grrrrrr!

I ended up sleeping in until almost NOON today - thanks to the time change (and DH - ;) )!!! UGH! HowEVER did I do this on an almost regular basis when I was younger!?! Half my frellin' day is GONE now! UGH!

Off to putter 'round the house............I MAY even go for a walk! :D
~Ellen~

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:57 pm

DH keeping you sleeping in too late eh????
Flog him thoroughly!!!
(Hee that almost sounds fun!)

Have a great day Ellen!
Love,
8) Deb

ps.. I was growling a bit when the board crashed too, as I really rely on the posts and my friends for support, but that happens once in a while, so just expect it!...LOL...

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:04 am

gratefuldeb67 wrote:DH keeping you sleeping in too late eh????
Flog him thoroughly!!!
(Hee that almost sounds fun!)
:twisted: I shall! :twisted:

ps.. I was growling a bit when the board crashed too, as I really rely on the posts and my friends for support, but that happens once in a while, so just expect it!...LOL...

Thanks for the "heads up" on that, Deb! Gotta love technology, eh?! ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, I ended up with ANOTHER N-like S-day - no funny stuff! However, between the lack of sleep (ahem!) and the brats we had for dinner last night, I AM retaining some fluids - ugh! Plus I just KNOW I haven't had enough water over the last couple of days, too! :(

Oh well, it's the start of a new week......onward and DOWNWARD I say! :D
~Ellen~

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:05 am

Shhhhhhh! Lil Mouse is sleeping! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
~Ellen~

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:20 pm

<Lil Mouse yawns, stretches, and rubs her eyes> Mmmmm.....I'm awake!

Wow! It's been almost exACTLY four months since I was last on here! :shock: What has been going on in my life in the interim? LOTS! (lol)

Oh, where to begin?

I haven't read back in my J here and can't remember if I've already mentioned this, so forgive me if I have..........but we stopped watching our GD in the evenings awhile ago. As much as I love her TONS, life was getting to be too stressful between DH's schedule, youngest son's schedule AND keeping the little one entertained.

I also quit my PT job! THIS decision was MUCH easier to make.....especially in light of the fact that I hadn't had any decent amount of work from them in MONTHS and MONTHS! :roll: About six weeks AFTER I was officially done with them, they called in a panic and wanted me to come back............I simply said no.

I have been keeping up with my daily walks and am up to 52 blocks (a tad over 4 miles). ::thumbs up:: Starting this week, however, I'm returning to my free weights (possibly alternating the two - we'll see) as I've been noticeably losing muscle "tone" (<---- don't really like using that term) and strength.

I returned to doing LC but admit that it's been rather "sloppy" since doing NoS (which had brought on too many cravings for me). The "funny" thing is, is that I HAVE maintained the "one plate" rule - go figure! :lol:

So, also starting this week, I'm switching to a modified carb-cycling program -- LC for two days, HC for one, LC for two, and then WD on the weekends. We'll see how it goes...........

I had achieved my goal weight last year around this time, but am now up (on any given day) anywhere between 7-10 UNcomfortable pounds! :( :(

I'm going to give the above plan(s) a go for awhile and then will check back in, just not on a daily basis........

Just wanted to let ya'll know that I am still alive and kicking! 8) :lol:

Off to take a little "snoozer" now..............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
~Ellen~