Cynthia's *new and improved* Daily Check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:40 am

A bit of virtual plating went on today, and maybe I went a tad overboard with the potato kugel I made (it was fabulous), I was still very good for a Monday - I'm getting there.

I notice as time passes I only get better with this.

I walked on the treadmill for 40 minutes.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:16 pm

I had a smaller breakfast and lunch I only split a piece of pizza with a friend. On my way home I had this pastry thing with cream cheese or something inside it. Could technically be considered a sweet.

Then I figured I might as well have an early dinner. I had some leftover potatoes from last night, and a veggie burger with cheese. One dried apricot.

I'm depressed and irritated today. This too shall pass :(

Hope you're all doin' better than me 8)

4:15pm currently. And no more eating for me today.

I'll update later if I make it through the evening with no snacking.

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:19 pm

Hi Cynthia,

just checking in on your checkin! 8)

Hope you have a nice chilled out evening. If you find you can't actually make it all evening, consider having a 'controlled failure' and snacking on some fruit. It's sometimes better to fail safe in this way than to let yourself get so hungry that you just break into the junk food in a big way :wink:

Anyhow. Good job on not making this an excuse to throw it all out of the window and turn it into a binge. That's the really hard part!

C.
CaroleJo

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:44 am

Cynthia! Feel better soon!
I felt pretty crappy today too...
It happens..
Thank goodness we can all share our experiences here and it's such a nice group!

Don't beat yourself up and seek revenge.. Just start over again tomorrow..
Love,
8) Deb

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:10 am

Thanks Carolejo and Deb. It's just one of those days, I feel badly, even food doesn't comfort me, nothing does. I almost went downstairs to eat, but some little voice reminded me how I always feel worse when I do that.

I only had a tiny piece of cheese earlier. At the very least, I didn't let a crappy day be a horrible day.

Thanks for your comments :)

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:31 pm

Well I spoke too soon yesterday, as I DID end up eating. It was like the stress was supressing my appetite and then WHAMO I was starving and literally had to eat. I ate a couple bowls of cornflakes with skim milk, some veggie/pasta soup, and a biscuit. I felt better after that and went to bed.

By now I would usually be running for a new diet. Not this time, I sticking this out till the end!!!

Good day everyone :D

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:41 pm

Good for you for staying honest and not quitting! :)
Afterall, today is another day.

C.
CaroleJo

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:11 pm

Aaaannnd, not eating after 4 pm is only doable when you have a stomach virus! :wink:
Keep on truckin girl!

And, in honor of you being Canadian..

Have a great day eh!
LOL...
Love,
8) Deb

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:39 pm

Yesterday went well. Fried foods for dinner though, but I didn't really have a choice as I was out with people and the food was brought to us. Plus a couple beers, but I resisted sweets when I got home!!! whopee for that :D

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:46 am

Hello all,

I'm in a pretty good mood today, especially since my night class got cancelled :D

Let's see....minor screw-up today, not going to get my shorts in a knot over it.

Breakfast:
-orange
-1/2 bagel with cream cheese
-coffee with milk and one sugar

Lunch:
-healthy fast food!
--> rice, chicken and veggies (all done on the grill, I think its japanese)

Dinner:
-the other half of my bagel from breakfast
-one egg
-few tbsp's of chili (mainly beans)
-one orange
-a brownie (not a rich one and no frosting on it, but still)
-a lollipop (which I didn't finish)

Oh well, still a great day and I am happy that I didn't overeat or more importantly snack!

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:59 am

Unfortunately, from my not-so-substantial dinner, I started to get hungry around 10pm. We had done some shopping today, so I ate:

-popcorn
-too much licorice candy
-a piece of bread and cheese

I'm too tired to think why I did this stupid thing.

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:10 pm

I think the "why" lies in the statement "my not-so-substantial dinner". Remember that with this diet we do not have to eat tiny meals. Eat something substantial to tide you over until morning and don't feel guilty about it.

Don't beat yourself up about mistakes! They happen. We try to make them happen less and less, but no one is perfect!

Hang in there!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:14 pm

Yay Hunter Gatherer and Cynthia!!!
I agree with HG's post completely!

Have a great weekend~
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

ps.. HG, your avatar is hilarious!!!! Who is that Egyptian Goddess of yesteryear??? LOL... :lol:

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:29 pm

Hunter and Deb, I'm trying not to beat myself up but yesterday I really screwed up again! I hate writing that, because now not only do I know I'm a complete failure, but everyone on this board does too!

But the whole point of this is accountability, and before I'm written off as No-S disappointment, I wil succeed. This is just a slow road for me.

I think I really need to sit down and figure out why some days I do that. There seems to be a pattern. I do well for a few days, and the next few my guard goes down or something. Then I realize it, and start paying extra attention, do well, and repeat the cycle all over again.

Today is Saturday. An S-day for all of you. I am dying for an N-day!!! And I intend to make today one.

Enjoy your S's everyone :D

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:10 pm

I find what has helped me today when I was about to dig into something I didn't need was telling myself I can have it tomorrow. Somehow, knowing I could enjoy it guiltlessly for lunch (or whatever) tomorrow is making it very bearable. I can concoct any delicious thing as long as I eat it at the appropriate time! Whoa, revelation!

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:10 pm

Last night I came home around 3am and ate chips. My sister left them on my desk...I weighed in a few days early (supposed to be on the 14th) and I am at my starting weight.

Try, try again.

Hell, at least I'm not heavier than before.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:38 pm

Yes try try try!!!!
I did the same thing, but *I* left them around!
Oh well...

By the way,
Somehow, knowing I could enjoy it guiltlessly for lunch (or whatever) tomorrow is making it very bearable. I can concoct any delicious thing as long as I eat it at the appropriate time! Whoa, revelation!
Good good revelation!!!
Have a great day Cynthia...
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:52 pm

Thanks Deb. For some reason I have been a little depressed or something lately, which isn't helping my cause. I am however very impressed that I'm sticking around.

Time to get more strict. I hate being at a standstill, and I cannot blame the program - it's only gonna work if I go through the steps, day in and day out.

Breakfast:
a smallish nectarine
1/2 an everything bagel with cream cheese
coffee with a little half & half

Lunch:
a white bread pita with the following stuffed inside:
-lettace & tomato
-chicken breast
-cheese
-blue cheese dressing
I also had 1/2 an apple and tea with skim milk

I am satisfied and am glad that I'm full now. I'm just feeling low...i don't want to worsen it by continuing to eat badly. Will report dinner.

Dinner: (if you can call this dinner)
-chips (quite a few handfuls)
-1/2 a pita with peanut butter
-1/3 of a bagel with cream cheese
-small bowl of cheerios with skim milk
-1/2 an apple

I am going out tonight, but I plan on sticking to one drink, a vodka & soda -avoiding anything sugary.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:14 am

Mini Success today

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:49 am

Hi Cynthia,

Hope whatever it is works out OK in the end. For the record, you're really doing very well and I too am impressed that you're still here! That really really is the hardest part, I think :)

your past couple of days are also looking good. Focus on those sucesses and don't forget YOU CAN DO THIS!

C.
CaroleJo

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:17 am

Happy Valentine's Day. I didn't celebrate but did receive some candies while volunteering today. A nice day!

SUCCESS (aside from a lil sweets, but overall didn't eat THAT much).

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:14 am

Yesterday went badly. I am stressed. Today is a new day - will let you know how well I do! hehe

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:25 am

Hope you're day is less stressful today, Cynthia.

Hang in there. I'm sure you'll do just fine. 8)

C.
CaroleJo

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:15 pm

Ditto!!!

Love,
8) Deb

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:31 am

Thanks, guys! That means a lot to me.

Today wasn't perfect, but not too shabby either.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Wed May 17, 2006 2:02 pm

Okay, so three months later, I am ready to track again! I can't be afraid of making my meals a little bigger because when I try to get by on too little, I binge. I also have to make a habit of waiting until I am truly hungry for my meal or it doesn't taste nearly as good.

Day 1 (so to speak): FAILURE

Breakfast:
-1 bagel with cream cheese on half, and a bit of cheddar cheese with 1/4 of a hard boiled egg on the other half.
-small bowl of bran buds with milk
-handful of cashews
-small orange

Lunch:
-tuna salad, bagel, grapes

Dinner:
-red wine, chinese style cabbage and pork, mashed potatoes

Exercise:
-45 minute walk

**Edited to say that the day indeed a failure because last night I had one piece of chocolate, buttery popcorn and probably 5 or 6 pieces of licorice.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Thu May 18, 2006 2:04 pm

Day 1 (again): SUCCESS

Breakfast:
orange; whole wheat bagel toasted with cheddar cheese, fried egg whites, chicken bacon, tomato slice and lettace (only ate half).

Lunch:
Leftover sandwich from breakfast, salad, few bites of tuna salad, 1/4 bagel with cream cheese

Dinner:
red wine; rice; salmon; spinach; asparagus; salad

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Fri May 19, 2006 9:36 pm

Day 2: SUCCESS

A little bit of virtual plating at dinner, but otherwise No S.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Sat May 20, 2006 1:43 pm

Day 3: S Day

Breakfast:
one cookie
2 pancakes with syrup

Lunch:
Bread and peanut butter/jam/butter

Snack:
sausage and 1/3 of a crusty bun
2 pieces licorice

Dinner:
1/2 grilled cheese sandwich
couple bites of a pastry
wine
cookies

I am also going out tonight, so I will probably have a drink.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Sun May 21, 2006 2:14 pm

Day 4: S Day

Breakfast:
one pancake
piece of chocolate
2 slices toast w/ butter/cream cheese

I went to a baptism today so lunch and dinner kinda got interwoven. This included different appetizers, wine, bread, chicken/potato/vegetable dinner, and cake for dessert.

In the evening I had maybe 4 pieces of licorice (thank goodness its now all gone!), an orange and some chicken bacon on bread.

This was a great weekend in that I didn't overeat to an extent that made me sick like prior S days. I am really happy with myself - I indulged but it was natural not to keep gorging despite "being allowed".

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Mon May 22, 2006 10:35 am

Day 5: SUCCESS

Breakfast: black coffee; bagel with cream cheese

Lunch: orange, spoon of natural pb, few baby carrots and dip, cucumber/potato soup, and zucchini quiche thing

Dinner: small caesar salad, 1 and 1/2 slices cheese melted on bread, 1 and 1/2 slices pb & j on bread, 1/2 plain cupcake thing*, piece of leftover quiche

*The reason for the S, however small, is due to today being Victoria Day and a national holiday...nothing is open either, I'm so bored. I ate dinner at 4pm!!! God help me to not eat the rest of the night.

OK.......so it's the evening and I indulged in more sweets...Ah Happy Victoria Day.....fireworks going on tonight

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Tue May 23, 2006 3:41 pm

Day 6: FAILURE

Breakfast:
fruit n yogurt parfait @ mcdonalds and 1/2 bagel w/ cream cheese, piece of watermelon

Lunch:
veggie burger with cheese and chicken bacon; few raisins

Dinner:
1/4 pork chop, 1 potato, salad, 2 slices watermelon, 1/2 bagel w/ cream cheese/pb, glass of milk

I went off in the evening and started eating, knowing full well I shouldn't be. I didn't really care to stop, either. I know that boredom had a lot to do with it.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Wed May 24, 2006 4:59 pm

Day 1 (again): SUCCESS

Breakfast: raisin bran with skim milk and some trail mix

Lunch: salad w/ cheese, veggie burger, trail mix and few cheetos

Dinner: wine, jalapeno cornbread, one pork chop, salad

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:54 pm

Saturday June 18, 2006

Breakfast: 1/2 bagel with butter, black coffee, few cherries

Lunch: caesar salad and pasta

Dinner: fruit, 2 small pieces bread with peanut butter, noodle soup and crackers, trail mix, one popsicle, tiny bite of chocolate.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:43 pm

Monday June 26, 2006

Breakfast:
Fruit salad and oatmeal

Lunch:
Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and salad

Dinner:
Veggie burger, oatmeal w/ dried apricots, some leftovers

I have recently learned so much in regards to me and the No S diet. I have never before really understood the concept of letting yourself be hungry until the next meal. And it's possible! I didn't die ;) I don't even overeat at the next meal, either. This is so new to me. I love it. I do want to be more accountable so I'm going to try and update here daily. I want a more accurate picture of my 'cheats' and how often they are. I'm not trying for any goal at the moment, like a perfect 21 days or successes or failures for that matter. That hasn't specifically worked for me. I find what does is ultimately doing my best everyday that has made me lose weight, not worrying about perfection.

operababe

Post by operababe » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:23 pm

Hello Cynthia,

Jumping in here to say hello to a fellow Canuck and to let you know that I think you're doing awesome! I absolutely 100% agree that it's amazing to allow yourself to really feel hungry before eating again. It's developing that habit of listening to our bodies. It's for real, and it works!

And you're right, the food tastes a lot better when you are truly hungry.
It's time to make it beautiful.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:52 pm

Thanks for the response, Operababe! It feels nice to know other people understand and agree with what you say. I actually did end up having a bedtime snack, I just felt weak and kinda had a stomachache. Onward!

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:24 pm

Yesterday went pretty well except for the fact that I started my first shift at a coffee shop and had to try some sweet stuff. Otherwise three meals.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:56 pm

Hmm, today, not so good. Snacked between meals and actually had ice cream after lunch. A case of pure boredom.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:48 pm

Well you could have had a case of beer! :wink:

Keep on moving along and over those bumpy bored days!
Have a nice night Cynthia!

Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:56 pm

Thank you Deb. Your posts always make me smile and feel better :)

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:32 pm

Breakfast was a nectarine and iced coffee. A piece of a cookie mid morning was required with the coffee tasting I was doing as part of my new job.

Lunch was a frappucino. I am craving solid food, of which I have not had any all day! My mom is making soup now so it looks like I will be virtual plating that as its only 3:30 pm.

So I had a bowl of soup, 3 soda crackers, a piece of bread with butter, couple bites of a ham sandwich.

Around 6 pm I had a fourth meal. Consisted of a small peach, cereal with skim milk (2 small bowls), and a couple bites of soup and cheese. I think I also threw in a few dried apricots.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:44 am

I ended up eating much more tonight, and I think I know what the culprit was. I did not eat properly or nutritiously until past 3pm and by night time I was feeling hungry and shakey. At least I know I wasn't being weak-willed, but merely learned a lesson.

Don't depend on coffee beverages to hold you over. Calories without nutrition will backfire.

I think my body was trying to make up for vitamins etc. that it missed in the early part of the day.

My "fifth meal", if you will, consisted of many things, among them:

2 small peaches, slice bread with cream cheese, mini-yogurt w/ raw oatmeal thrown in, and a big bowl of cheerios with skim milk.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:54 pm

OH man, yesterday was screwed up. I definitely learned from that. But I am determined to make this work, and that's why I'm trying to turn failures into an experience that teaches me something. I was hungry all night, couldn't fall asleep and ended up eating, like, 4 pieces of bread with either butter or pb & j around midnight :shock:

This morning I went for a nice 20 minute walk and just made breakfast. Whole, yummy foods. 1/2 an avacado with a squish of lemon over it and sprinkled with salt, grilled green and red pepper pieces with one egg fried in olive oil. I made oatmeal too, but wasn't hungry enough to eat it, so I just had a couple bites.

It feels very good to bounce back and get right on track again.

For lunch I just had a good amount of oatmeal with peanut butter & jam mixed in.

Slight discrepancy: watermelon around 3 pm and a piece of bread with butter

pangelsue

Post by pangelsue » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:07 pm

Glad to hear you are hanging in there, Cynthia. I think we have all been there trying to find our way through. You sound a little like my daughter. She has been working on No S too and not always succeeding the way she would like. Like her, you often skip meals and substitute with caffeine drinks or really play around with meal times and questionable choices. I don't know if setting regular mealtimes doesn't work with your schedule (my daughter works different shifts) or if you are just waiting until you are hungry but it might work to set a meal time and eat a full plate at that time. You eat a lot of different items at one meal. Put them all on the same plate because it helps with plating versus virtual plating. Sometimes you might be eating more than a plateful, sometimes you might be cutting yourself short.

Two other possible sources of help: Operababe suggested a book to us called "Life is hard, food is easy". It is about $10.00. I just got a copy yesterday and it looks like it addresses those of us who eat for other reasons than hunger. (that would be me by the way, boredom, anxiety, stress, lonliness, anger whatever). The other suggestion is to have a really low calorie snack before bed to help carry over the sugar levels and avoid the shakes. I like a cup of carrot juice. It has 40 calories and is high in natural sugar. I sleep through the night and no shakes before bed time.
Final suggestion. Make a list of the reasons this is important to you and read it often. I have tried every diet on the planet and failed at all of them. The main reason I am here is that I was obsessed with food and dieting and I really needed a success and to take my focus off food. This has truly done that for me. I do no counting, no eliminating, I can look at a menu and not restrict my choices, I can have some alcohol so partying works and weekends are restriction free. This diet is sooooo worth the effort. The only thing I MUST DO is eat ONE plate, NO sugar and NO snacks. Lots of reward, few restrictions. Those are my reasons for staying tight with the rules. You will have your own and I think it helps to know what your reasons are beyond wanting to lose weight.
Just thoughts for the road. Hope they help. If not, at least neither of us was eating while we wrote or read them. LOL. I know it is tough sometimes. Always support here though.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:08 pm

Thanks so much, Sue, it really truly always helps to read other people's words of wisdom and the support it shows. That is why I love this board, everyone is so friendly.

You made a good point about my food combinations at meals. You hit the nail when you noticed that because I do virtual plate ALOT, meaning, I will eat something while I am cooking and I don't eat big plates of food so I figure it would have fit on the plate LOL.

As far as those caffeinated drinks as meal replacements, well, I certainly won't do that again! It was actually the first time I ever tried, and only on account of my new job which gives us free beverages on breaks. There is a small selection of foods, basically only sweets. There is no fridge in the back room (that I've seen) so i am going to have to creative from now on, bringing portable food with me that won't spoil without refridgeration.

I felt that I had done really badly all week. I tried to follow the main outline of No S but not one day was perfect that i can remember. Last night, I even went out and had two gin and tonics, and we went for pizza after! Saturday is supposed to be my once a week weigh in and I was dreading it this morning. I was going to skip it but curiousity got the better of me. Last week I was 137 lbs and today it was 136.5 lbs which is awesome...I couldn't believe...still really cant.

That just goes to show the power of No S. It is amazing. Even when you don't follow the rules completely, the effort from some of the rules still works. Imagine what life could be like if I actually did all three rules all the time ;)

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:17 pm

Cynthia :)
Do what you can! Even if only two rules are going strong one day, and one isn't, it's far superior than all three rules being ditched!

I lost nearly 20 lbs in my first year on NoS without being at all perfect on it..
I would say my average overall success was only 75 percent and sometimes not even.. But like you, I was amazed at how even applying the rules with all the screwups included, led to weight loss!
And with eating pizza, nachos and buffalo wings :)
(But not all at once! LOL...)

Anyway...
Happy Canada day eh! :lol:
Have a cold Molson and some Canadian bacon for me :)
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:11 am

Thanks Deb! It was a pretty good weekend. I saw "The Devil Wears Prada" which I really enjoyed! Yesterday wasn't too bad in terms of food excess, but today was. Well, this evening. I had chips, candy and chocolate :shock: I reasoned it was an S-Day but honestly the treats weren't pleasurable...I don't think I'll really do that again for a while. It was on a whim - boredom is my main issue to tackle.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:55 pm

So far today...

Breakfast was pancakes..like 6 of them, but they were smaller and thin. I did use real maple syrup though...

Lunch was ...some chips, watermelon, 1/4 of a muesli pita, and a few bites of my veggie burger in a soft tortilla wrap.

Update:

Well unfortunately I snacked after lunch with lots of chips and some candy and chocolate.

Dinner was just 1/2 a hamburger and some salad. I had a popsicle later on.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:09 pm

Today's weigh in appears to be back down to 135 lbs. Hopefully it will stay here now.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:49 pm

Big victory: last night we rented a movie and bought junk food (something my sis and I do maybe once a week or every couple weeks) and pig out until we feel icky. Yesterday I only had some popcorn and maybe 2 chips. No chocolate at all. I didn't have to white-knuckle it at all...I am truly amazed. I just didn't feel like any.

Okay, I do have a cold..maybe that has something to do with it, but I prefer to believe otherwise ;)

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:49 pm

This whole week has been a big flop. I really did not do well one day. I think I should still weigh in tomorrow just to see what kind of damage can be done. I think I need to start strictly monitoring again.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:16 pm

Well I had prepped myself to possibly be back close to 140 lbs because of the junk I was eating the past week, and nightly eating sessions. I am truly confused now as my weigh in showed I not only maintained last week's loss which I thought was only water weight but also lost another 0.5lb. I am 134 lbs. Maybe I will meet my goal of being 129 lbs by September. I do not have overly ambitious goals but 2-4 lbs a month would be awesome.

I am so incredibly happy because this is the first time in so many years that I do not focus much on food, I never ever do "diet-y" things anymore. I just eat. I never go hungry. And I'm the lowest weight I've been in a long time (and actually keeping it off). Who woulda thought that in order to lose weight I had to just try less hard? Over-exerting myself with calorie counting and the like was such a waste of time that brought about obsession and weight gain. WHen I think about this I still become shocked all over again. I wonder where I'd be now had I not found this path? Probably miserable.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:27 pm

In the spirit of doing No S properly, I'm going to solely focus on the "rules" again. Despite the fact that I'm still losing while half-essing it a lot, I don't want it to become any worse of a habit than it is, and it could just be sheer luck that I haven't put on weight which could come back and bite me in the butt. Hence, I'm starting to log here today. Day 1. Here it goes.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:38 pm

Day 1: Monday July 17, 2006

Breakfast:
Kashi GoLean cereal with skim milk
1 nectarine and few cherries
Small piece of leftover pizza

Lunch:
Salad
Cauliflower with cheese sauce
Cherries and a nectarine
Licorice :?
Slice of bread with peanut butter

Dinner:
Small piece of steak and veggies
Tangerine
Spoon of peanut butter
Spoon of frozen yogurt
2 bowls of cheerios with skim milk
Chips

I know dinner was very "snacky" and kinda thrown together...but I still kept it to 3 meals so better than usual..

I did end up snacking. I just finished eating 2 nectarines and 2 tangerines. Sigh.

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:32 am

Cynthia
Congratulations on stopping the slide and getting back to the 'rules'. I am on day 4 and enjoying being back in routine.

We can conquer this together (there are quiet a few of us who are returning to basics after sliding a bit).
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:56 pm

Thanks MerryKat, its good to know I'm not alone in needing to get back on track. Since last night was a bust (I ended up eating more), I'm just going to try again today.

I really don't feel discouraged at all, which is a new phenomenon for me. I decided to make sure I really eat good, healthy and filling at each meal, let myself get hungry and enjoy my next meal. That is why this morning I specifically went to the bakery so I could have bread with my egg. When I try to compensate food I don't want, I find I end up eating more to make up for something that wasn't tasty to me.

Here's to a hopefully good day.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:17 am

As an update for today, unfortunately it did not go well either. I wasn't even going to post, and I even contemplated lying on here because it would be easier than have everyone think I'm hopeless. Truth is, yes it's very embarassing to constantly screw up, but I think I can do this, even if its not perfectly. I don't know what's gotten into me recently and why I'm slowly back into the mentality "I've screwed up so lets keep eating and just cut back alot tomorrow." I haven't been thinking like that for the longest time, and ditching that thought process is the reason I've lost the weight I have so far. I'm starting to scare myself, I'm terrified actually, that I'm beginning to gain the weight back. OH dear.

I have a feeling I know part of the problem and for me that's BOREDOM. I have some days off from work until the weekend, and with not much to do around here I eat more.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:04 pm

Well I screwed up almost everyday this week so my weigh in was no surprise, albeit better than I imagined. I'm up 1.5 lbs and considering I decided to have second helpings of dinner right before bed, I can only imagine that I might have only gained 1 lb if I didn't succumb. Oh well, I still don't feel defeated. Maintaining a weight of 135.5 lbs is something I haven't been able to do for so so so long and I used to only dream of just seeing the number, now that I've seen it for awhile I want more! haha. I really think this week will be better as I've kinda sorted through the reasons I screwed up.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:13 pm

Sorry Cynthia!
Back to it this week eh? :wink:

You can turn it around!!!

Peace and Love,
8) Debs

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:40 pm

So to update...I still didn't get back on track. Was actually all over the place with eating. Somehow, on my Sunday weigh-in, I saw an all-time low number, 133.5lbs. I weighed a few times and it stayed the same. Then I weighed with my clothes on and it was 134.5 lbs so I tried again with my clothes off and it was still 134.5lbs. Damn scales. Well anyways I have no idea how i didnt gain weight, something weird is going on here.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:40 pm

Since I tend to screw up everyday, I figure it's at least good to see precisely what I'm eating. So far today has been ok.

Breakfast:
3/4 bagel with cream cheese, 1/2 orange

Lunch:
Veggie sausage, rice and broccoli, 1/2 pb and honey sandwich, 1 chocolate mint

I was going to automatically eat when I came in from shopping just now but I stopped and realized I wasn't THAT hungry, its just habit.

This path is my life

Post by This path is my life » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:19 pm

I find that recording my meals helps me too, though in the past I haven't recorded my s-days and because I've had a few unplanned s-days (birthdays and the like) and lots of traveling my recording hasn't been as consistent and I find that I miss it. Even if you record for just 2 or (even better) 3 weeks then you can still get a better idea of what times or foods are difficult for you and then focus on that. Good luck and have a great day!
"There is no such thing as a bad choice, there is only the next choice"