Three meals a day

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Mustloseweight

Three meals a day

Post by Mustloseweight » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:44 pm

https://meadowend.com/2009/06/19/weightloss/

I love this site. The guy says he lost weight eating three meals a day and nothing else.

Anyone done that with no S days and seen real weight loss?

Thanks Anne
September 2017 - Starting weight: 19st 9lbs
March 2018 - 17st 2lbs
July 2018 - 16st 4lbs
July 2020 - 17st 10lbs 😟
Target Weight: 11 stones

noni

Post by noni » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:52 am

The first time I did Vanilla No S, I lost nearly 25 lbs eating only three meals. My breakfast was small, but lunch and dinner was very sufficient on my one plate. Too many sweets and snacking on the weekends caused a stall in weightloss (I only needed to lose a few more pounds for a normal BMI), which made me lose focus, which caused many red days per month, which made me chuck No S aside for a couple years, while gaining all my weight back...Whew!

I wish I had persevered. Eventually, my weekends would have calmed down some, as they have now. So far, this time on No S, I have lost 13 lbs and gained other benefits.

This is the only diet that I can handle because it's so sane to eat this way. But like the "chap" in the article said, you have to be determined.
"Never go back for seconds. Get it all the first time." - Garfield

LifeisaBlessing

Post by LifeisaBlessing » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:24 pm

Anne - the first few times I tried NoS, the weekends ALWAYS did me in, and I never lost weight. I would get so frustrated that I abandoned the plan completely, but I still checked out some of the threads on the forum in case I noticed something that resonated with me.

I began to read the posts of a poster called "3-0-7 girl" who modified NoS to three meals a day, seven days a week, with a small sweet after one of her meals. That go me to thinking: why not try it that way?

And you know something? That was the ticket! Within two months, I not only acheived my weight/fat loss goal, I surpassed it.

Keep in mind that I didn't have a whole lot to lose (less than 10 pounds), but the important thing is that doing three meals, seven days a week with sweets was the key to get my weight moving in the right direction. Once the sweets were brought down from their weekend/special occasion "pedestal" status, they ceased to be an issue for me. Since I could have sweets in small amounts at any meal, there was no need to "load up" on them on the weekends or during the occasional party.

I have maintained and improved on my weight and fat loss since then (going on 7 months). The freedom of the three meals allows for unlimited experimenting with macros, timing, etc. Plus the modification I use allows for any food during the three meals, so it's never an issue when you're not at home, or if you're out with friends during the week, and someone wants to order dessert. It's all about watching the portions, and staying steadily on plan. :)
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
~Jimmy Dean

The second you overcomplicate it is the second it becomes the thing for which it is a corrective.
~El Fug, on the NoS Diet

Merry

Re: Three meals a day

Post by Merry » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:11 am

mustloseweight wrote:https://meadowend.com/2009/06/19/weightloss/

I love this site. The guy says he lost weight eating three meals a day and nothing else.

Anyone done that with no S days and seen real weight loss?

Thanks Anne
I've been following No-S since November 30th of last year (10 months now), and have lost 20 lbs. I don't do just 3 meals a day on my S days--I do whatever I feel like on those days, but I stick to the 3 meals on N days. I'm really happy with that progress and it feels maintainable long-term.
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

kaalii

Post by kaalii » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:11 am

nice article!
some real sanity there!

i just think 3 meals are going to have to mean 3 plates for anyone who is shorter, older, woman or wants to be in the lower bmi than just below the obesity range... 3 plates, although far from precise calorie counting, is still less vague...
BMI: 18.8
Body Fat %: 17.6
in it for maintenance and, more importantly, sanity!!

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:07 pm

I wrote a rather long response (surprise!) and have saved it, but decided it might sound like a little too much of a kick in the bum, as your signature line says you need.

The only thing I'll ask is, have you actually done Vanilla for several months and you feel you need something more?
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:49 pm

I was searching for something else in the archives and stumbled on this entry from you:
noni wrote:The first time I did Vanilla No S, I lost nearly 25 lbs eating only three meals. My breakfast was small, but lunch and dinner was very sufficient on my one plate. Too many sweets and snacking on the weekends caused a stall in weightloss (I only needed to lose a few more pounds for a normal BMI), which made me lose focus, which caused many red days per month, which made me chuck No S aside for a couple years, while gaining all my weight back...Whew!

I wish I had persevered. Eventually, my weekends would have calmed down some, as they have now. So far, this time on No S, I have lost 13 lbs and gained other benefits.

This is the only diet that I can handle because it's so sane to eat this way. But like the "chap" in the article said, you have to be determined.
You're still here, pegging away! Neato torpedo.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)