No S ...the start of a beautiful friendship

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

JUDA

No S ...the start of a beautiful friendship

Post by JUDA » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:45 am

Hello Everyone This is day 2 and it happens to be an S day. Day 1 was an S day as well. Starting a new diet was always something for a Monday so I am hoping by starting on an S day I am working in my best interests. My thoughts on S days so far...there are not to be looked on as a smorgasbord. So my thought for the day is S does not mean smorgasbord.

I had been reading the Eat like a normal person website and it mentioned No S. Mnnn? I haven't heard of that one. Better check it out. So here I am. I like the mixture of flexibility and discipline. I like Reinhard's gentle quirky humour. And it is simple. In theory. in practice? well, watch this space.

cheers
Juda

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:49 am

Welcome & best of luck! I like your observations thus far. ;)

Linda
:twisted: SW: 210 lbs
CW: 172
GW:160

nettee

Post by nettee » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:41 am

Hello, welcome and good luck. I started on two S days too the first time round. A good warm up I felt and it makes you notice what comes naturally before you start changing things. The eat like a normal person website sounds great - I'm off to check it out.
3 tasty meals a day and loving it

debventure

Post by debventure » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:29 pm

Welcome! I started last Tuesday and I think it's the best decision I've made in a long time. Things are going well on this first "S" weekend and I think I shall have little trouble returning to "N" tomorrow. I wish you success in bridging the gap between Eat Like a Normal Person and NOS.
Started No S as written 11/1/2016