Ist week

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

JUDA

Ist week

Post by JUDA » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:20 am

Well 3 fails and two successful days plus two S days. My past behaviour when I have 'failed', is to justify the failures and then give up on whatever energy management programme I am currently on. Whether that be intuitive eating/lowcarb/calorie counting/mindful eating/zen of eating etc. This usually takes 3 days tops.
Well week one of No S has been enlightening. The panic on an N day when you think you need to eat straight away. The constant thinking about your next meal. The bargaining with myself. If I have this now I'll have less later. The I wonder how much I have lost. The whole shebang.
I am going to keep going with No S. The freedom of eating like a '
Normal person' and no longer having disordered eating is that much closer.

Bluebell

Post by Bluebell » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:25 am

Well done JUDA for making a good start! I am doing NoS for the reasons you describe, to have a normal relationship with food, to stop the endless cycle of dieting/bingeing and feeling like a failure.
Regarding NoS days I am finding over time that the urge to go crazy and eat everything in sight is gradually getting less. I am on my second month now and finding that NoS habits are slowly creeping in to S days.
I would advise you stick with it, concentrate on getting the habits ingrained, and trust NoS to slowly work its magic! This is the most sane way of eating I have ever followed.
Good luck
:)

JUDA

Ist week

Post by JUDA » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:27 am

Thank you Bluebell. :) Your support means a lot. It has a long and winding road to the door of No S.

Bluebell

Re: Ist week

Post by Bluebell » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:24 am

JUDA wrote:Thank you Bluebell. :) Your support means a lot. It has a long and winding road to the door of No S.
No worries I have had a lot of support myself on these boards :)
My road has also been long and winding! I have been on pretty much every diet known during the course of my adult life, and have never during all of that time had what I see as a normal relationship with food.
It is such a relief to have found something so easy to follow, with no counting, weighing, cutting out food groups etc etc. Just normal eating with some restrictions. I am finding the weight loss slow but that actually suits me. I am focussing on the habits and feeling very relaxed about it all now I've got into my stride!
Anyway enough about me, keep at it and let me know how its going.

Merry

Post by Merry » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:33 am

Keep at it! You've gotten your feet wet and can build on the positives from 2 good N days.
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

JUDA

Ist week

Post by JUDA » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:59 am

Thank you Merry. It's been a most informative week. I realised this morning that doing exercise first thing in the morning is not possible for me because it takes me awhile to uncreak myself (arthritis).
I did know this before but now I have accepted it. I reckon No S is helping me accept other ways of doing things not only working on my relationship with food.
One meal at a time, hey? :D

MaggieMae

Re: Ist week

Post by MaggieMae » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:36 pm

JUDA wrote: I realised this morning that doing exercise first thing in the morning is not possible for me because it takes me awhile to uncreak myself (arthritid
Lol, uncreak myself! I love it. That's a very good description. Sounds like you're doing great. I'm guilty of failing within a few days on a diet and then just saying forget it! I've made an early new years resolution that I willdo no S through2017. No trying other diets or giving up. Just admitting that i had a red day and getting back on the next morning. Best of luck to you!

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:51 pm

I too loved how you said it would take three days tops to give up.

Not to discourage you, but this is just the beginning. You'll likely go through a lot of cycles and observations while adjusting over the next year or so. People can be more or less reflective. I think those who have tried and failed at other programs a lot take longer; that's just a guess. There are those who just seem to fall into step more easily. I would love to have been one of those who got it in a few months and never posted again because it was SO easy and life was so full. Nope, here I am, 6400 posts later. Spend my time on this or the Kardashians. I think I made the right choice between those two.

I found a lot of strength from often thinking, well, if I'm not willing to do this, what are my options? Am I really going to go back strictly to any of the programs I actually did occasionally stick to? If not, am I really going to eat compulsively for the rest of my life, with it likely getting worse, as it has? And, when it was hard, THIS is the moment when I have to hang tough! I can't wait for it to be easy every second.
Last edited by oolala53 on Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Merry

Post by Merry » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:58 pm

oolala53 wrote: Nope, here I am, 6400 posts later. This or the Kardashians. I think I made the right choice between those two.
BWAHAHAHAHA! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I'd say you made the right choice!

oolala53 wrote: I found a lot of strength from often thinking, well, if I'm not willing to do this, what are my options? Am I really going to go back strictly to any of the programs I actually did occasionally stick to? If not, am I really going to eat compulsively for the rest of my life, with it likely getting worse, as it has? And, when it was hard, THIS is the moment when I have to hang tough! I can't wait for it to be easy every second.

Yes! So true.
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

MaggieMae

Post by MaggieMae » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:32 pm

:lol: You definitely made the right choice ooh la la!