Daisys 21 day checkin

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Daisy

Daisys 21 day checkin

Post by Daisy » Thu May 25, 2006 4:12 pm

Hi everyone this is the first time I have posted on this board. I started No S yesterday so this is day number 2 for me.

Yesterday was fine and I didn't slip up at all.

So far today I have had breakfast, lunch and dinner, so as long as I dont eat anything else this evening then today is also a success.

Will check in tomorrow.

Regards to all Daisy :)

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Thu May 25, 2006 8:10 pm

Welcome and good luck!
"You've been reading about arctic explorers," I accused him. "If a man's starving he'll eat anything, but when he's just ordinarily hungry he doesn't want to clutter up his stomach with a lot of candy."
Dashiell Hammett

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu May 25, 2006 11:20 pm

Good luck and welcome Daisy! :D

Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Fri May 26, 2006 3:55 pm

Thank you for your warm welcome.

Day number 3

Breakfast - Allbran and banana with skimmed milk

Lunch - Seeded roll with quorn burger and salad

Dinner - Pasta with tomato and chilli sauce sprinkled with mixed nuts and seeds and a low fat yogurt

Will not have anything else - if I feel hungry with drink

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Sat May 27, 2006 9:10 am

Day Number 4 (S Day)

Breakfast - baked beans, slice wholemeal toast, mushrooms, slice bacon and egg.

Lunch - Fruit and cottage cheese

Dinner - Rice and Vegetable Dhansak

I will try not to snack, eat sweets or seconds today (even though it is an S day) as I have found on the other days I just haven't needed the extra bits. However if I do, I wont let it stress me.

Will try to drink loads of water.

Start weight before No S was 163 lbs

Weight this morning - 161 lbs :D :D :D :D :D

Best wishes to all from a very happy smiling Daisy

pangelsue

Welcome and keep up the good work

Post by pangelsue » Sun May 28, 2006 12:32 pm

Hi and welcome. This is a good place to come and talk.
What is a quorn burger and vegetable Dhansak? I thought I was kind of food literate but those are new terms to me. Sound interesting.

Best of luck on No S. You will love it.

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Mon May 29, 2006 9:02 am

Day 5 was an S Day - so = Success.

Hi Pangelsue - a Quorn Burger is a vegetarian burger made from Quorn which I believe is a kind of fungus (like mushroom) - but they are really tasty, high protein and low fat - over here in England we can get all sorts of Quorn products - sausages, meatballs, roasts etc. A vegetable dhansak is an Indian dish - made obviously with lots of veggies and lentils in a hot, but slightly sweet sauce - its completely wonderful and my very favourite indian meal.

I will go and google Quorn for you and then post the link.

Kind regards Daisy

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Mon May 29, 2006 9:10 am

Here is the link for the Quorn website - gives lots of information, so you might find it interesting and useful.

http://www.quorn.com/

Kind regards Daisy :)

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Mon May 29, 2006 8:23 pm

Ok so I am on day number 6 - this was more or less a success -

Breakfast - All Bran and banana with a few nuts, and seeds sprinkled over the top, served with skimmed milk.

Lunch - small bowl of cold pasta salad (with tuna and sweetcorn) and a little fat free cottage cheese stirred in.

Dinner - went out for a meal - did not have a starter or a sweet, for my main course I had chicken curry, mushrooms, small amount of rice and a little piece of indian break.

Coffee and a chocolate mint afterwards .

I know I shouldn't have had the chocolate, but it is a holiday over here in the UK today - and I did say no to a hot dog this afternoon - rest of the family all had one, but I decided to wait until I got home and have the pasta (thought it was probably a healthier choice).

:) :) :) :)

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon May 29, 2006 8:41 pm

Go Daisy!!!!!

Ooooh I bet quorn is great! I'm a big fungus fan! LOL..
I'm going to see if Whole foods market might carry stuff with that!
And Indian food is my favorite, so I'm going to have to try and avoid being hungry when I read your checkin!

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Tue May 30, 2006 8:14 am

Thanks Deb - Indian Food is one of my favourites too, just have to try to pick the dishes that aren't cooked in loads of cream and butter.

Have a great "No S" day.

Daisy :D

PS - re earlier message - obviously I had some indian bread (not break!!!) bit sleepy when I posted that one :roll: :lol:

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Tue May 30, 2006 4:34 pm

Success

Well today is day 7 and I can't believe that I am a third of the way through the 21 days - so far it has been easy - hope it stays that way. Todays menu consisted of:

Breakfast - Bran Flakes with few nuts and seeds

Lunch - small amount of pasta salad with tuna and sweetcorn mixed in and a small piece of crusty bread - large satsuma

Dinner - chilli with brown rice - quite a small portion really - i feel like I should have something else - low fat yogurt or banana - but really don't feel hungry.

My problem is that I work evenings (6pm-9pm) so I have to have an early dinner (I don't like eating a lot late in the day). However I do tend to feel hungry when I get home at about 9:30 - does anyone have any suggestions about how I can manage this. Any advice would be appreciated.

Kind regards Daisy

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Wed May 31, 2006 12:49 pm

Day 8 - Success

Breakfast - Bran Flakes with skimmed milk

Lunch - Half tub of lowfat cottage cheese with small amount of tuna and sweetcorn mixed in - some carrot and celery sticks and a large pickle. One large satsuma

Dinner - going out to dinner this evening with my husband - will probably have steak, salad and small Jacket Potato.

Will not have any sweets, snacks or seconds - because I dont do that anymore. :wink:

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:20 pm

Day 9 - Success or Failure - I'm not sure

Breakfast - Branflakes with raisins, nuts and seeds

Lunch - Granary Roll with salad and turkey ham slices and a spoonful of cottage cheese, fat free yogurt

Dinner - Wholemeal Pasta with tuna, sweetcorn and green beans.

Now heres where it went slightly wrong - I was going to eat a banana with my dinner - but was so hungry that I ate it while I was waiting for the pasta to cook - would this be classed as a failure. I'm not sure.

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:45 am

Day 10 - SUCCESS :D :D :D :D

Breakfast - Weetabix
Lunch - Ham and Salad Roll
Dinner - Pasta and Tuna

Looking forward the the weekend. Hope everyone has a good one.

Regards to all - Daisy

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:18 pm

What's a jacket potato??? :)

8) Deb

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:43 pm

In the UK a Jacket Potato is a potato baked in the oven in its skin (i.e. a potato that still wearing its Jacket :wink:

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:34 pm

LOL!
That's what we say is a Baked Potato...

Thanks for the lesson in Britishisms...
Hopefully next year or so, I'll have enough money to come visit England with my son!
And who knows,,,, I might have to take a train and a ferry up to merry old Amsterdam and visit with CJ! :)

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:12 am

I wonder how many nationalities actually post on this board, maybe have to start a "Where in the world are you" thread, might be interesting. :idea:

Yesterday was day 11 and an S day - was very good and didn't really have any thing more than usual - I did have a really small bar of chocolate - just to see if I still enjoyed it - but to be honest the thought of it was actually better than the taste. Strange thing was though that as soon as I had eaten it, I could quite easily have gone on and eaten lots of other things - I think it will be safer for me to keep off it completely for the time being.

Today is day 12 and also an S day - I am now over halfway through my first 21 days and can't quite believe how easily I have managed to stick to this - I think this is probably the longest time I have ever completely stuck to a diet without wandering off course - amazing. :o

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:56 am

Day 13 - Success.

Only managed one meal today. As I was going out to lunch with the family, I didn't have breakfast (so disorganised that by the time I was in a position to eat, it was too close to lunch and I didn't want to spoil my appetite for that (it was Chinese, which I love). Didn't feel hungry the rest of the day so though it would be a bit silly to eat just for the sake of it.

Day 14 - Success

Breakfast - just had branflakes with mixed nuts and seeds.

Lunch - Cottage cheese and salad

Dinner - Homemade chickpea and vegetable curry with brown rice

I haven't actually had lunch and dinner yet but this is what I'm planning and I wont snack or have seconds - I am already losing the urge to do that now - it really is amazing how quickly this has started to work for me (I just hope I can keep it up) :D .

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:00 pm

Day 15 - success

Breakfast - Branflakes, Nuts and Seeds with S.Milk

Lunch - Sandwich (made with soya & linseed bread with tuna and sweetcorn filling. Fat free yougurt

Dinner - beef and veg chilli with brown rice

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:02 pm

Day 16 - Success

Breakfast - fat free yogurt with seeds and nuts mixed into it.

Lunch - granary roll with salad and cottage cheese

Dinner - Salad - probably (not yet decided)

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:03 am

Day 17 (already) - Success

Breakfast - well this morning I really fancied a slimfast shake (I still had plenty left in the cupboard from when i gave this a go - could only do slimfast for about 5 days - it gave me terrible stomach pains) but it was lovely this morning, did it in the smoothie maker with lots of ice, just the thing on a hot sunny morning.

Lunch will be a granary roll with ham and salad

Dinner - will be pasta and salad.

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:53 am

Day 18 - S Day

Will be good today - but tonight we are having an Indian Takeout so will enjoy that.

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:22 am

Day No 19.

S day - so success.

Only two more days to go and then I have completed my first 21 days. This plan is brilliant - I know I have lost some weight but I have decided to weigh in every 21 days.

Reinhard ought to write a book and make him and his family some money out of this, of all the different diets I have tried this is the only one that I can see myself following for ever. It is so easy and sensible, I just don't know why I didn't think of it myself, I suppose because it so simple, and all the other diets I have been on have been so complicated, that we have been led to believe that losing weight is difficult and we have to eat certain amounts of certain foods every day to succeed.

Thank you Reinhard - I am indebted to you.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:25 am

Go Daisy!!!!
That's great!
I feel the same, especially the book thing...
Reinhard is taking forever about this!!!!
Come on Reinhard!
I may have to come up to Cambridge and threaten you with an army of Shovelgloving Yoga practioners if you don't hurry up and get rich!

Seriously!!! :twisted:

Well, maybe once his baby gets into college!
:mrgreen:

Congrats again!
Love,
8) Deb

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:31 pm

Thanks Deb - hope you are well.

Really hot in GB at the moment , which makes no Sing easy - too hot to eat.

Reinhard really ought to do something with his plan - when you think of all those C*** diet books out there, that don't work but promise the earth. Reinhard has come up with a nice, simple, easy to follow plan that does work and he has shared it with everyone - he really should be recognised for the good he is doing - all in his own time and with no real reward - apart from our thanks.

Hope he doesn't go and get all big headed now, after reading this !!!!!

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:45 pm

Monday 12 June - Day 20 - Success :D

Breakfast - slimfast shake

Lunch - Baked Potato with tuna and mayo and salad

Dinner - something light - had a big lunch - probably just some fruit

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:25 pm

Drum roll please - Day 21 - Success :D :D :D

It really was very easy - I think I like having a rule to stick to - I have always hated breaking rules - so this suits me just fine.

I am going to start over again tomorrow on day 1a etc. it helps me to keep myself in check.

Todays menu was:

Breakfast - Slimfast choc shake

Lunch - Some cottage cheese with tuna and sweetcorn mixed into it.

Dinner - will either be pasta or a granary roll with ham and salad

Its very hot and humid today, think we are in for a storm later, so not really very hungry, I tend to lose my appetite in hot weather.

Kind regards and best wishes to all - Daisy

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:12 am

I am now going to start another 21 days and will number the days 1a, 2a etc so I can keep track on what I am doing.

When I started this on 24th May my weight was 162.5 lbs today it is 159 lbs so I've lost 3.5lbs :D :D :D I am going to continue to weigh in every 21 days.

So today is day 1a and will be a success

Breakfast - Honey Nut Shredded Wheat with Skimmed Milk

Lunch - Granary Roll with Ham and Salad

Dinner - Salad with a pasta, cottage cheese and egg pie.

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:44 pm

Day 2a - Success

Breakfast- Cereal Bar

Lunch - Granary roll with ham and salad, 3 fresh apricots and a small pot of fat free yogurt

Dinner - Rice, small portion of vegetable dhansak, a little piece of indian nann bread and a spoonful of sag panir (spinich and indian cheese)

operababe

Post by operababe » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:07 pm

Oh Daisy!

Congratulations on your success with No S! You are doing extremely well, and you are extremely inspiring!

I thought it was very interesting that you were weighing in every 21 days, but I like that: sticking with the fact that it takes about 21 days to make new habits. You obviously have the No S habit down!

All the best to you!
It's time to make it beautiful.

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:08 am

Thanks operababe - you too - i've been reading your threads.

Anyway Day 3a - bit of a funny day today - didn't want any breakfast - I think because I had dinner a lot later the night before so wasn't hungry.

Lunch - Went out to lunch with Mr Daisy to a Chinese Buffet restaurant - but was pretty good - only had one plate (but it was quite a large one!!).

Dinner - Again wasn't really hungry for anything, but when I got home from work at about 9:30 I did have a few slices of ham and some cottage cheese.

But all in all I think I can still call it a success.

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:43 am

Day 4a - S Day

Went to friends for the day, so had to eat what they were preparing, but I had a little of everything (even dessert) as it would have been rude not to.

It was so great that I could do this without thinking that I had failed, I think this was the first time that I had really taken advantage of an S day and even though it was nice to indulge without guilt, I prefer to eat the way I do on NS days.

I always feel that if I eat C*** then I usually end up feeling C*** - not that my friends were giving me rubbish food to eat, it was just a lot richer and more calorific than I am used to.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:19 pm

It was so great that I could do this without thinking that I had failed, I think this was the first time that I had really taken advantage of an S day and even though it was nice to indulge without guilt, I prefer to eat the way I do on NS days.
It is so fun to have the choice!
We always treat S days like parties!
A reward which then also serves to quell the S beast to then be good during the week..

If you are good during the week, your S days shouldn't really impact your overall progress, so just enjoy them, as you did yesterday, guilt free!

Have a great week Daisy :)

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:29 am

Day 5a - S Day - Success

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:30 am

Day 6a (Monday 19 June)

Success

Breakfast - none - ran out of time and wasn't hungry

Lunch - Cottage Cheese, Banana and Apricot

Dinner - Pasta and salad

pangelsue

Post by pangelsue » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:06 pm

Wow! You are awesome, girl. You are an inspiration to us all. I can't say I ever skipped a meal because I wasn't hungry so I am sooo jealous of that. You have found your stride. Congratulations.

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:14 am

Thanks pangelsue - goodness never been called awesome or inspiring before :lol: but its the No S Diet and Reinhard that deserves the praise - i'm just following the rules.

This is such a great plan that I just feel that I can't fail on it - its the first diet that I have ever done that I feel I can stick to for life.

Anyway checkin for Day 7a (Tuesday 20 June)

Breakfast - Banana

Lunch - Cheese, salad and Bean Wrap and a fat free yogurt

Dinner - Chilli with Brown Rice and fresh apricots (afterwards)

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:30 pm

Day 8a (Wed 21 June) - Success (I think)

Breakfast - banana

Lunch - granary roll with some salad and a little cheese, Fat Free Yogurt

Dinner - Chilli and Brown Rice (again) fresh apricots

Today was a success but I made a mistake, I didn't have enough to eat at breakfast (at about 8am, then I was really late eating lunch (2:30pm) so I got really hungry and I had to eat the apricots before dinner - otherwise I might have picked something which wasn't so healthy.

I did take a biscuit (cookie) out the cupboard and took one bite, but after tasting it, I realised that I didn't want it, so I threw it away and spat the bit in my mouth out (I know that was gross, but I decided I didn't want to swallow it). The biscuit tasted awful - just sugar and fat - it just shows that by weaning yourself off that type of food, you just lose your taste for it. Before No S I could easily have eaten 2 or 3 without even tasting them.

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:14 pm

Day 9a - Thurs 22 June Success

Breakfast - Banana cut in half with a little peanut butter spread on it

Lunch - Baked Sweet Potato with Houmous mashed into it and some salad, two small peaches

Dinner - Salad made with a chopped up apple, celery, a tablespoon of mixed nuts and seeds, fat free cottage cheese all mixed together with some salad dressing and chilli flakes - very tasty. Fat free yogurt

pangelsue

Post by pangelsue » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:21 am

You are such a success story. You just keep moving on. Your meals sound so interesting too. I am always amazed when I browse, at the unusual things people eat. I plan all my meals and they are certainly boring or at least normal. I ought to shop here for meal ideas. LOL. Have and good Friday and great weekend.

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:52 am

Day 10a Friday 23 June

Breakfast - had a slimfast shake wizzed up in the smoothie maker with lots of crushed ice

Lunch - had the apple, celery and nut salad again - as I enjoyed it so much yesterday plus a nectarine

Dinner - haven't yet decided but probably either salad or pasta bake

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:45 am

Day 11a - Sat 24 June

S Day - Success

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:49 pm

Hi Daisy!
Have a nice weekend :)
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:52 pm

Day 12a - Success - S Day

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:03 am

Day 13a - Monday 26 June - Success

Breakfast - Slice of Toast with Peanut Butter and a Small Banana

Lunch - Went to chinese restaurant had their lunchtime buffet

Dinner - Nothing - wasn't hungry

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:56 pm

Day 14a - Tues 27 June

Success

Lunch - egg sandwich and yogurt

Dinner - cottage cheese, celery, apple and nut salad

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:38 am

Day 15a (Wed 28 June) Success

Lunch - Quorn Burger with small bread roll and some ketchup

Dinner - planning on having spag bol

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:46 pm

Day 16a (Thurs 29 June) SUCCESS

Lunch - Baked potato with tuna and sweetcorn with a mixed salad

Dinner - not sure yet - still full from lunch so not feeling hungry - will probably pick at some cottage cheese or something later.

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:14 pm

Friday 30 June Success

Breakfast - banana smoothie with a spoonful of peanut butter added to it - really yummy.

Lunch - half can of tuna mixed with some low fat mayo and half can of mixed salad beans - added a spoonful of mixed nuts and seeds and black pepper. Yogurt

Dinner - Vegetable dhansak with white rice

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:17 pm

Saturday 1 July and Sunday 2 July (Days 18a and 19a)

S Days - Success

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:02 pm

Day 20a (Monday 3 July) Success

Day 21a (Tues 4 July) Success

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:16 am

Well I have now been doing No S for 42 days (so far no failures) I think I am going to follow Pangelsue and Debs ideas of just counting the days consecutively now.

Here's my progress for anyone that may be interested

Start weight on 24 May 162.5lbs

Todays weight 5 July 157lbs

Total lost so far 5.5lbs

Not a great deal I know but working out at almost 1 pound a week - so I'm happy with that - slow and steady is usually the best way. I'm not one of those who lose weight quickly.

Today is going to be day 43

Lunch - going out with Mr Daisy so will probably go to local Chinese Restaurant for their lunchtime buffet.

Dinner - will be something light - yogurt or fruit - never hungry when I have had a good lunch.

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:42 am

Day 44 (Thurs 6 July) - Success

Breakfast - Slimfast Shake

Lunch - Eat Natural Almond and Apricot Bar and Cottage Cheese

Dinner - Chicken, Pasta and Salad

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:27 pm

Day 45 (Fri 7 July) - Success

Breakfast - Slimfast shake
Lunch - Tuna, chickpea and mixed nut salad
Dinner - Baked Potato with cottage cheese and ham and a fat free yogurt

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:30 pm

Hi Daisy Daiz!
Just wanted to tell you that you are doing a fantastic job!!!

How the little one?

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:42 am

Hi Deb, thanks for the kind words - hope you are well. We are all fine and Amy is keeping me busy as usual - she never sits still and has so many sports that she is into the latest is Archery which she started 3 weeks ago, but she also does judo, diving and horseriding. Wish I knew where she gets all her energy from.

Hope you and your lovely boy are both well and happy.

Love Daisy

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:46 pm

Day 46 (Sat 8 July)
Day 47 (Sun 9 July)

Both S Days so success

Day 48 (Mon 10 July) - Success

Day 49 (Tues 11 July) - Success

Breakfast today: banana and peanut butter

Lunch: wholemeal bread roll spread with houmus and mixed salad

Dinner - Cottage cheese with nuts

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:12 pm

Day 50 - Weds 12 July

Success

Lunch - BLT sandwich on granary bread

Dinner - Baked sweet potato with houmus and salad

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:43 am

Day 51 - Thurs 13 July

Success

Lunch - wholemeal pitta bread stuffed with houmus and salad

Dinner - homemade lasagne and salad

Have been trying to drink loads of water lately - I can just about manage to drink between 60-90 ozs every day. Just lately I have completely gone off coffee, tea, diet coke and so am now just drinking water - don't know what thats about, but it can only be doing me good so I wont complain1

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:58 pm

Daisy,

Sorry it's been forever since I've popped in here. Congratulations on your long string of successes and very respectable results!

Best wishes going forward,

Reinhard

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:17 am

Thanks Reinhard - I'm only doing so well though, because your plan is so brilliant - this is the longest time ever that I have been able to stick at any sort of healthy eating plan. It has now really become a way of life, and I intend to stick with it for ever.

Friday 14 July - Day 52 - Success

Saturday 15th - Day 53 - S Day - Success

Sunday 16th - Day 54 - S Day - Success

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:17 am

Day 55 - Monday 17 July - Success

Breakfast = Slimfast shake

Lunch - Baked Potato with Cottage Cheese, Fat Free Yogurt

Dinner - Wholemeal Pitta Bread with tuna, sweetcorn and salad, 2 Plums

pangelsue

Post by pangelsue » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:55 am

55 days!!! What a record of successes. You must feel awesome. Congratulations and keep on piling them up.

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:30 am

Thanks Pangelsue, but I've got to be honest and the last week hasn't been quite as good, I have been so busy that I haven't had time to post and I have been snacking a bit. I think the reason was that it has been so hot here that I haven't wanted proper meals, so instead of having three proper meals a day, I have been having small snack like meals, and then nibbling things inbetween, nothing naughty, just fruit or raw veggies, and the odd spoonful of cottage cheese (I think I've got a bit of a cottage cheese addiction going on) but even so I haven't been sticking to the rules. I haven't put on any weight still 157lbs so no damage done there, but I think I need to start again from today.

I shall start counting 21 days from today and will start posting my food diary daily again - it helps me stay on the straight and narrow.

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:10 am

Day 1 - Mon 24 July - SUCCESS

Lunch - Salad

Dinner - Pizza (had a late meeting a work so they supplied pizza - I knew food would be provided so I didn't eat anything before I went to work.)

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:30 am

Day 2 - Tuesday 25 July - Success

Lunch - Wholemeal bread roll with thinly sliced chicken and salad
Diner - Chicken Tikka Salad, Fat Free Yogurt

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:49 pm

Days 3, 4 and 5 - Success

Now looking forward to a No S weekend

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:43 pm

Sat 29 and Sun 30 July - S Days - Success

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:22 am

Days 8 and 9 (Mon 31/7 and Tue 1/8)

Success

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:24 am

Days 8 and 9 (Mon 31/7 and Tue 1/8)

Success

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:49 am

Day 10 Wed 2/8 - Success

Day 11 Thurs 3/8 - Success

Day 12 Fri 4/8 - Success

Looking forward the the weekend - have a good one everybody.

Daisy

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:28 am

Well I had my two S days and then added a 3rd yesterday - so big failure for me. Think I'm going to start over and make today Day 1 again. I had started to get a bit lapse at posting and that really isn't doing me any favours and even though it is a bit tedious I am going to record what I'm eating, I believe that helps me stay on the straight and narrow. So here goes.

Day 1 - Tuesday 8 Aug - will post the days menu later.

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:19 am

Day 1 Tues 8 Aug - SUCCESS

Breakfast - oat cereal with skimmed milk and cup of tea

Lunch - Wholemeal pitta bread with tuna, sweetcorn light mayo and chilli flakes - cup of tea

Dinner - Salad with apple, celery, carrots, tomato and spices and mixed nuts. Greek Yogurt

Have not been drinking enough last few days so am trying to up my water consumption again this week.

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:56 am

Day 2 - Wed 9 Aug - Success

Breakfast - Slice Soya and Linseed Toast and Two Poached Eggs

Lunch - Chicken and nut Salad

Dinner - Two quorn burgers and a white bread roll - Yogurt

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:17 am

Day 3 Thursday 10 Aug - Success

Lunch - Wholemeal pitta bread with chicken and salad, Banana

Dinner - as lunch - very lazy couldn't be bothered to cook