Tessytwinkle's daily check in - second time around

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Tessytwinkle

Tessytwinkle's daily check in - second time around

Post by Tessytwinkle » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:50 pm

Ok, lets go, I have 21 lbs to lose, a year to lose it in and I am starting now, although I know Xmas is on the horizon. I would really like to reach my first target which is a loss of 5 lbs by Xmas day. I think that might be over ambitious but here goes.

I want to hold my self accountable so forgive me any dear readers who drop in for my lengthy and probably very boring food lists, but they will - hopefully - keep me on the straight and narrow.

Breakfast - porridge, banana and brazil nuts.

Lunch - home made celery soup, sourdough slice and a little cheese, persimmon

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:53 pm

Hi Tessy! Looks like we both joined back in 2012 - I too am looking for accountability during the holidays so things don't swing too much in the other direction...we can do this!

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:54 pm

Hi Amy good luck with your second try. You are right. We can do things better second time around!
Did well for my first day. Finished day with third meal - rice, dhal, cabbage Thoran and hard boiled egg and bit plain yoghurt. No sugar today hooray!!! Fingers crossed for a good day tomorrow &#128077;

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:51 am

Yay so happy to see you here! Looks like a good day.

I always find it helpful to write my food down too and no need to apologize anyway. It's your thread so you get to write whatever you fancy!

Keep up the good work!

Linda
:twisted: SW: 210 lbs
CW: 172
GW:160

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:43 pm

Hi Linda thanks for your support. Another good day today so my second day in a row.
Breakfast, porridge and banana, Brazil nuts
Lunch, Cheese and tomato omelette , Apple
Dinner, seabass and calabrese and half pomegranate
Soya milk drink
I'm pleased to have made it through 2 days. I must keep going!!