Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New and ready for sanity!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goodcooker1

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 5:29 pm    Post subject: New and ready for sanity! Reply with quote

I have been in and out of this website looking around off and on for a couple of years now. I am a 45 year old female who NEVER had to worry about weight. I quit smoking 7 years ago and it seems the weight just kept piling on. I have about 30 pounds I need to lose. I am now suffering from "diethead"!! I have done low carb...fasting.....low fat....paleo/primal....and most recently Weight Watchers. I am so mentally wore out. So tired of thinking about food and how to eat, what to eat, when to eat and so on. I have lost and regained the same 10 pounds so many times.
I have read the NO S book and I agree this seems almost too easy! I think back to my "skinny" days and as a kid I wasn't allowed to snack between meals...sweets were only for weekends or special occasions. As a young adult I would smoke between meals not snack. Sweets were for pretty much on the weekends. It seems after I quit smoking I was replacing the habit with snacking. Sense of taste improved and sweets tasted so good. I am going to give this my all. I am not comfortable in my own skin anymore. I don't recognize the person I see in photographs. Everything I have tried has failed. Which makes a person start thinking that there is something wrong with them. I will be reaching out frequently. Wish me luck!
kaalii

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome!!
we have quite some points in common...
i am also new here and i also never had to worry about the weight ever in my life... until recently (im 38 )...
and also did dieting... and also - the price was becoming a diet head...

so, good luck!! and let us know how things are going! Smile
in it for maintenance and, more importantly, sanity!!
oolala53

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! I respectfully suggest that it's not weight that you never had to think about but random overeating (and possibly under moving). "Orderly" eating is the best antidote to that AND to diet head; THAT you can win at EVERY day!

There is no S better than Vanilla No S.

Last edited by oolala53 on Tue May 17, 2016 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
MaggieMae

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! I'm also struggling with diet head. Best of luck!
reinhard
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

No S is the ultimate cure for diet head.

It wouldn't be much of an exaggeration to say that the only reason is the word "diet" is even in there is to get the attention of diet headers in search of a cure.

Reinhard
JJJPK

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Good luck! Find what works for you, be gentle with yourself, you'll get where you want to go...slow and steady Very Happy
Na razie!
e-lyn

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi goodcooker1,

I'm new here too! I'm also a 'diet head' and have a long diet history. I'm to the point where I no longer know how to think about food in a healthy way. Wheat belly? Too much sugar in fruit? Not enough protein? Too much protein? And so on...until I just couldn't take it anymore. So here I am trying to regain my sanity and shed some extra weight, both physically and mentally.
Mustloseweight

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am totally with you e-lyn. There is so much conflicting information out there that it is a totally confusing minefield. Ultimately, I have noticed recently that here in the UK, celebs who have been reported as having lost significant amounts of weight, normally the ones who go on to make a fitness DVD for the following Christmas, go back to the simple mantra of 'eat less, move more.'

Need a serious kick up the bum!
oolala53

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance you are going to start a check in thread in the forum for that? Or just use the 2017 Challenge thread?

There is no S better than Vanilla No S.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: