Starting No S 2017 and a question!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Amethyst

Starting No S 2017 and a question!

Post by Amethyst » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:07 pm

Hi everyone! So glad I found this website just as a new year begins. I ate sweets almost every day in December, lots of them, and got real sick of it. This is a general eating habit I have that I hope will be cured by following the no S.
I want to avoid diabetes and other dieases in my family, and to save money….! I hope to get a healthier, waist measurment and that I will able to handle next Christmas much better.

First day completed :D

One question though. I have a physically tough job and have trouble eating in the morning - it’s usually little, followed by snacking later. Anyone else got this problem? I am worried of running out of energy, which is a real problem I have.

babybird

Post by babybird » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:18 pm

Hi. Welcome on board. All the best for your journey in 2017. How about eating a little later. Delaying the time you would eat and have one meal then.
Recovering from a 26 year binge eating disorder

babybird

Post by babybird » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:22 pm

So eating in between the time you would eat breakfast and your mid morning snack. The no S diet doesn't state timings. As long as we stick to three meals a day...but it can be trial and error as to what works depending on our previous eating habits and figuring meal timings that work for us.

MaggieMae

Post by MaggieMae » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:06 pm

Hi and welcome, amethyst! I have a physically demandingjob on certain days , too( nurse) and I used to be in the same situation. Honestly, I'm so busy that as long as drink lots of water throughout the morning, I make it to lunch. You can also plan to have a small snack if necessary to get you through, but over time I'm willing to bet you wont need it. My biggest piece of advice, don't quit NO S if you slip up a few times at the beginning. That's part of the learning process.

babybird

Post by babybird » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:51 pm

I definitely second what Merry Mae says. Don't quit!! Learn from each and every mistake. I'm new here too. I started in November and this plan is brilliant and unlike any other. It's mentally liberating not having to calculate, can I cant i along with countless other advantages.

Amethyst

Post by Amethyst » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:35 pm

Thank you for the welcome, babybird and MaggieMae!

Having thought about it some more, I'm sure the breakfast/work situation will be solved in some way. Anyway, having one healthy snack while working can't be that bad if I need to do it. The problem is unhealthy snacking during my free time!

Day 2 and trying to resist the impulse of bingeing chocolate....it's hard!