Hunger/acid before bedtime

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

seeksfoodsanity

Hunger/acid before bedtime

Post by seeksfoodsanity » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:13 pm

Hi everyone,
I've spent years eating 3 meals and 3 snacks per day (unwittingly - I am just hungry then) but I have always been about 10 pounds or 1 stone overweight which I am struggling to lose. I think it is because of all the little extras that add up.
Anyway, my question....when I try to cut out supper (snack before bed) I suffer with lots of acid and feel hungry which makes it difficult to fall asleep. I know some people suggest milk but I hate drinking any type of milk (hot, cold etc).

Any help would be great :)

Bullisaba

Post by Bullisaba » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:23 am

Maybe try just cutting out 2 of your snacks (keeping supper) or try eating your last meal of the day a little later.

You could also see if taking some apple cider vinegar helps.

You could talk to your doctor. :D You should probably talk to your doctor :D

I hate plain milk too!

MaggieMae

Post by MaggieMae » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:37 am

Do you like herbal tea? Or like bullisiba said, maybe keep oNe small snack in the evening to help.

seeksfoodsanity

Post by seeksfoodsanity » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:47 am

Mmm I'm trying to avoid the night snacks if at all possible though as they tend to be the most unhealthy during the day. Plus I have realised I'm using it to keep me up longer whereas I actually should just go to bed. It's very comforting though.

Tea before bed makes me need to get up during the night unfortunately even if it's decaf. Thanks for the suggestions though.