Resisting Temptation

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Samurai

Resisting Temptation

Post by Samurai » Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:30 am

A friend asked me to go out for ice cream last night, and I declined. In the past, this would have taken great willpower on my part, as I'm a very social eater and looove ice cream.

But this time, I just said no thank you. My friend knew that I don't indulge in sweets except on the weekends and asked anyway, but was understanding when I declined.

For a moment I felt like I was being overly strict with myself. That old master, Rationalization came to me, whispering in my ear, 'Its just one ice cream cone! What difference will that make?'

Well, to me it would make all the difference. It would be one more day that I didn't stick to my plan. One more day that I didn't work towards the goals I've set for myself. One more disappointment, and one more time that I'd have to start counting to 21 again.

So - No, thanks! But I'll meet you at Spanky's on Saturday!! :lol:
One should not be envious of someone who has prospered by unjust deeds. Nor should he disdain someone who has fallen while adhering to the path of righteousness. - Imagawa Sadayo (1325-1420)

Kevin

It does take a lot sometimes

Post by Kevin » Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:38 am

It does take a lot of will sometimes. I wonder, if I weren't middle-aged, comfortable at home, comfortable at work, and married to an understanding spouse, whether I'd be able to maintain this diet.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:55 am

Most excellent Samurai!!!
Enjoy Spanky's manana :lol:
You are doing great sticking to your guns,,, I mean swords!!!
Love,
8) Deb

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:30 am

I know how you feel, the lure of ice cream is a strong one! I managed to dodge this particular bullet today as well. Great job on keeping your priority straight. You are worth it! :D
***GRINS***
Tricia

"When you are in a jam, a good friend will bring a loaf of bread and peanut butter..."

3lilgals4me

Post by 3lilgals4me » Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:36 pm

Thanks--this will help ME resist the next temptation!
Judy