Going on 4 months...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Imtigahwoodz

Going on 4 months...

Post by Imtigahwoodz » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:30 pm

After the Christmas of 2014, I weighed in at 195 lbs. I couldn't believe it! I thought the scale was broken. I had my wife try the scale and it was correct for her, just around 105 lbs.

I knew I was gaining some weight, but this was ridiculous. I'm 5' 10" and should be nowhere near that weight. So of course my New Years resolution was to lose some of the excess pounds. I set my goal to be 175 lbs by year end 2015. I was almost able to reach it by just eating healthier, eating less, and taking walks about 2-3 times a week. I weighed in at 177 by the end of the year.

Even with the 18 lbs weight loss, I didn't feel it was enough. So I set my goal to 165 by the end of 2016. I continued what I was doing but it just wasn't enough this time. I was hovering around 175-178 for most of the year.

This is where the No S diet comes in. I ran across this No S diet online while searching for dieting tips and it sounded simple enough to try out.
I began the diet on Oct 1st, 2016 weighing 175 lbs.

So in about 3.5 months, I'm proud to say I've met my goal of 165 lbs! I couldn't be happier with my results. Even with the holidays, I was able to maintain my weight loss. Like many others, this has been second nature to me. I plan on continuing this diet and have told several friends/family about this great system.

Thanks for creating such a great dieting plan!

MaggieMae

Post by MaggieMae » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:45 pm

This is such an inspiration! Thank you so much for sharing

Merry

Post by Merry » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:38 am

How wonderful, congratulations! Thanks for joining the board and sharing your story :-).
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

Over43

Post by Over43 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:53 pm

Excellent. If I got back to 165 my wife would probably think I had hit terminal she is so used to seeing me look bloated.
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

Imtigahwoodz

Post by Imtigahwoodz » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:58 pm

I've read many great stories on here that helped motivate me to try the No S. This is such a positive board with supportive members.

Over43, I didn't think I could get to 165 either. I'm very surprised I was able to get there in less than 4 months. I plan on continuing this plan for another year to see where I end up...maybe modify it to add a few more S days (=

I think the no snacking element of this diet is what really helped me in the long run. I'm not big on sweets and I was able to eat a moderate portion before the No S diet. It's very surprising what cutting out snacks will do.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:52 pm

Congratulations!

Love the bit about your wife having to verify the scales accuracy.

It is a bit unbelievable that something so simple could possibly work, isn't it?

Thanks for letting us know!

Reinhard