ZippaDee Do Da Days...

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:37 pm

Thanks so much for the support oolala! Your posts here and success are very encouraging to me. Although this way of eating is quite simple it is NOT easy! I am once again beginning the book "The Beck Diet Solution" to help get my mind right. I do feel that my mind is the majority of the battle. I'm currently fighting the sabataging thoughts of being down on myself because of the amount of time (years) it is taking me to get my act together with the No S Diet!!! It's really just a matter of doing it TODAY. Just TODAY! My focus is on the process and not the results! Day One of The Beck Diet Solution suggests recording the advantages of losing weight. I am simply copying and pasting these for myself from Nov. 2012. The advantages have not changed! Once again...trying not to dwell on the fact that I am still in the same position I was in back then weight wise.
So, here is my list of reasons that I want to lose weight ..most important being at the top of the list.
1. I will FEEL lighter emotionally!!! This will not come because of a specific # on the scale, but as a result of doing. The joy is in the journey.

2. Increased confidence!

3. I will FEEL better physically!

4. Increased energy!

5. More comfortable in my clothes--less tugging and pulling...more confident.

6. I will enjoy my time on the beach and in the pool more FREELY! Less worries about bathing suit = more carefree FUN!

7. My cholesterol #'s should improve.

8. Leg flab should improve.

9. Better health overall.

10. Energy for FUN with the kids and future grandbabies!

12. Less focus on HOW to lose weight and more focus on LIVING life!

13. Joy when shopping for clothes!

Will be reading these three times a day.

Second assignement is to choose a "diet". That's an easy one!

No more focusing on the past (except to learn from my past). Looking forward.
:arrow:

Good luck to you Oolala and Tobiasmom as you rejuvanate your efforts as well! :)
"Rivers know this: There is no hurry. We shall get there some day." ~Winnie the Pooh ~

A Flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms!

Diets Don't Work.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:01 pm

Beck's (non-calorie counting/specific meal-planning) strategies were integral to me in getting going and staying with No S. I need to review some of them myself.

My reason list has over 40 of them; some are rewards I promised myself at milestones. It's good to read it and remember that I made it that far and have maintained even lower.

Onwards.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:25 pm

oolala, good to know that this book has helped you!

Day 3 of Beck's book: Eat ONLY when sitting down! Committed to doing this.

Day 4: Give myself credit when I make good choices. Installed a clicker on my phone to count and acknowledge when I do this. :)

Continue to work on my word of the year: LIGHTHEARTED. Trying to do at least one thing that I might not normally do in an effort to be lighthearted. Yesterday was a snow day and I filled up balloons with water with food coloring in the water. Put them outside to freeze. Will break the balloons later to expose a colored ball of ice. ;)

Yesterday was red. Ate a couple of warm chocolate chip cookies my daughter made. Beck does not recommend jumping in with both feet, but instead preparing your mind before you start your "diet".

ONWARD :arrow:
"Rivers know this: There is no hurry. We shall get there some day." ~Winnie the Pooh ~

A Flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms!

Diets Don't Work.

tobiasmom

Hey

Post by tobiasmom » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:59 pm

I'm with ya. Let's go!
Military wife and homeschool mom of two boys, 15 and 10.
No-S restart 01/08/23
SW: 239

LoriLifts

Post by LoriLifts » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:53 pm

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ZIPPADEE!!!
Habits are at first cobwebs, then cables.

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:25 pm

Thanks so much walkerlori!! I'm ready to do this thing tobiasmom!!
GO :arrow:

Diets Don't Work.

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:46 am

Yesterday was GREEN! :mrgreen: I needed that! Celebrated Christmas with my family during Thanksgiving and my sister got me a fitbit. So excited! Used it yesterday for the first time. Decided just to see how many steps I take in a normal day without making an effort to go any extra steps. Yesterday I had 7,775. Will now begin making an effort to boost that to 10,000.

Diets Don't Work.

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:46 am

Yesterday was GREEN! :mrgreen: Not as many steps tracked on my fitbit. Only 6,195...even though I did ride my exercise bike for 30 minutes. I put it on my shoe.

Right after school until dinner is the most difficlut time for me to not snack! Keep reminding myself that I am building up my resistence muscle.

Diets Don't Work.

tobiasmom

hey

Post by tobiasmom » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:10 pm

Two green.... go girl!! Fitbit sounds fun. I have been doing yoga cuz of my bad joints, but I do need to walk. I'm with ya today!!
No-S restart 01/08/23

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:24 am

So glad to have a "partner" in this tobiasmom! Thanks!! Our journey's here are so similar!

Yesterday was GREEN :mrgreen:

I have been wearing my fitbit for the past three days. Without doing anything extra my steps have been right around 7,000. (Mon. 7,775. Tues. 6,949. Wed. 6131) On Tuesday I did do 30 minutes on my exercise bike and still had less steps than Mon. I went grocery shopping Monday. Interesting. I will need to get my hiney out there and do some extra walking to boost it to 10,000. It's kind of cold. During the winter I will likely ride my exercise bike instead. I do not have a treadmill. If I put it on my shoe while I ride it counts it as steps.

I have also been doing my monthly squat schedule that I did a while back. Yesterday I did 55 squats before work in 10 squat increments. My legs are only a smidgen sore. Not too bad.

I need to improve on my word of the year "LIGHTHEARTED" I want to committ to at least one lighthearted thing a day. Just take the effort to do at least one fun and spontaneous thing a day. I will report tomorrow what I do today. :)

Diets Don't Work.

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:11 pm

Hi ZippaDee. Well done for a green day :) your fresh start is very inspiring. Fit bit sounds helpful I may need one. I too am trying to be LIghthearted, I call it joyful. We need fun in life. Your idea of coloured frozen balls is brilliant. I shall do it once we get snow. Although in UK we are experiencing warmest early winter since records began!!! Good luck with it all and thanks for inspiring me :)

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:43 am

Thanks so much for stopping by and encouraging me Tessy!! :D

Check in for yesterday Thursday December 4:
Eating: :mrgreen:
Steps: 11,026 yay!
Exercise: Went for a 2 mile walk with my girly (12 yo dd)
Lighthearted: I wore my holiday penguin shirt to school yesterday. Kids loved it. Also, went for a walk in the cold. It was invigorating!
Squats: 60

Diets Don't Work.

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:20 am

Check in for Friday Dec. 5

Steps: 6,345

Exercise: None

Lighthearted: Three youngest kids at a overnight lock-in. So, we spent the evening with my oldest daughter and son-in-law. We watched a movie together. Good times.

Squats: Rest Day

Diets Don't Work.

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:40 am

Check in for Monday Dec. 8
Steps: 9,220
Exercise: 30 minutues on exercise bike
Lighthearted: Wore a Christmas bracelet with snowflakes, christmas trees, gingerbread houses etc. :)
Squats: 70

The challenge of the day was a Christmas gift of some oh so yummy white chocolate cherry caramel corn. I did not open the bag. Brought it home and stashed it in my goodie bin behind the books at the top of my pantry. ha! I rearranged my environment as the "Beck Diet Solution" suggested. Ummmmm...got rid of my goodies in my bedstand drawer. duh!!!

Diets Don't Work.

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:58 pm

Tuesday and Wednesday were both GREEN for my eating. I am fighting a cold. Bleck! So, no exercise the past couple of days. Plus, basketball started for my oldest son this week. Two games this week, which makes things even a bit more challenging. Put dinner in the crockpot, so it is all ready to go after work. Still doing my squats. 75 today.....20 done...must get squatting. ;)

Diets Don't Work.

tobiasmom

hey

Post by tobiasmom » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:35 pm

How was your weekend?
No-S restart 01/08/23

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:42 pm

Two more days in 2014 after this. Let's make them count for habit's sake!
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:28 am

Thanks so much for the encouragement! Our household has been hit with the flu. It's been a rough holiday season so far. What a nasty nasty bug! Today I am finally feeling a bit stronger. It has just totally and completely wiped us out.

Diets Don't Work.

LoriLifts

Post by LoriLifts » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:50 am

Glad you're feeling better!
You have my favorite username, avatar and location!

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:39 pm

Knock on wood, here, re: the flu. Keep getting well!
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

tobiasmom

hey

Post by tobiasmom » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:02 pm

I'm here for ya, Girl! A full year. Nothing else. Through ups and downs... no quitting! Deal?
No-S restart 01/08/23

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:22 am

FINALLY....a GREEN day!! :mrgreen:

Had an unexpected snow day today. I kept myself busy by cleaning! :)

My new motto for myself is JUST DO IT!! No excuses. No making it difficult. No overthinking. No diet hopping. Just plain and simple...No Sweets. No Snacks. No Seconds.

And today...I DID IT! :D

My first goal is 21 days....Day one check check.

Just focusing on the habit one day at a time!

Diets Don't Work.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:45 am

I find the biggest issue is what to do when I'm not eating, working, surfing the net, watching TV, or shopping. It's pitiful how little else I find diverting. Now, if I loved to clean, oh my gosh!
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:09 am

Oolala...I even shampooed the carpet yesterday. Ha! We are on a two.hour delay this morning. Hmmmm. If we keep.this up the house.is going to be sparkling. ;)

Diets Don't Work.

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:32 am

Hi there. So glad you are doing 21 days vanilla too. We can do this :D

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:30 pm

Day 2: GREEN :mrgreen:
Day 3: GREEN :mrgreen:

3 Green days in a row is huge for me at this point! I made it through a basketball game with no popcorn and grocery shopping while ravenous. Not good planning, but I had no choice. It's time to just do this thing!

My treat for this morning will be a hot cocoa at my son's basketball game.

Diets Don't Work.

tobiasmom

hey

Post by tobiasmom » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:40 pm

You're killing it! Awesome job!
No-S restart 01/08/23

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:55 pm

3 greens in a row!!!! Totally awesome. You are on the right road. Just keep going. You got this :D
Hope the cocoa was yummy :-)

eschano

Post by eschano » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:18 pm

Well done!
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:46 am

I love being occupied enough to get ravenous once in awhile!

It's amazing how powerful three good days in a row can feel.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

LoriLifts

Post by LoriLifts » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:28 pm

Good job!
Three days is a row is my goal too. If I get to three, the rest of the week falls into place.
You did it!

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:49 am

Day 4: S Day :wink:
Day 5: S Day :wink:
Day 6: GREEN :mrgreen:

Yesterday was a hard faught GREEN day! YAY!! Yesterday morning a co-worker walked up to me and handed me a homemade cookie in my bare hand. :roll: We were celebrating the birth of a child. I wrapped my cookie in a tissue and put it in my lunch box...saying to myself, "fence around the rule...period! fence around the law." On two occasions during the morning I had separate co-workers ask me if I had eaten my cookie yet because it was out of this world delicious!! arrrgh. At lunch...there was the cookie in my lunch box. Again, "fence around the law." I made it all day without eating the cookie. When I got home yesterday afternoon I gave the cookie to my husband explaining the situation to him and he said, "awww just eat it. It's just one little cookie" :x I did NOT!! I strenghthened my resistance muscles instead of my giving in muscles. :D Also resisted the popcorn at the basketball game last night! I JUST DID IT!!

Diets Don't Work.

eschano

Post by eschano » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:55 pm

Pretty amazing feat!
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016

tobiasmom

yay

Post by tobiasmom » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:12 pm

STUD!!! You're killing it!
No-S restart 01/08/23

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:19 pm

Oh, if those "just one cookie" stayed just one cookie, we wouldn't be here. You've had many wonderful cookies in the past and will again! Good for you for supporting habit, not whim.

I used to freeze office goodies and enjoy them on the weekend, but even that habit faded.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:42 am

You're my new hero! !

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:23 am

Wow. You are just awesome !!!!! I'm gonna chant that to myself too ' fence around the law, fence around the law'. You lead I follow :D

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:52 am

Thank you SOOO much for all of the encouragement!! It truly means so much!

Day 7: GREEN :mrgreen:

It's feeling good to wake up in the morning feeling hungry! Popcorn at the basketball games is getting easier to resist. Kids and hubby had some last night and I felt less sorry for myself for not having any. Ha! ....Yes, we have three kiddos playing ball right now...FIVE games this week. Whew! None tonight. ahhh. :wink:

Diets Don't Work.

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:05 am

Day 8: GREEN :mrgreen:
Day 9: GREEN :mrgreen:

Had a snow day yesterday. So, was a bit nervous because it is always difficlut when there is a change in routine and when I have access to food all day long. I "just did it"! Feeling good! Amazing what a few green days can do to your spirits. I CAN do this!

Diets Don't Work.

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:46 am

Day 10:; GREEN :mrgreen:
I made it through the week all green. Feeling so happy to have some good days under my belt! Am really enjoying how I feel. Not too worried about how sane my S Days are just yet.....just that I am keeping my N Days GREEN!

Diets Don't Work.

eschano

Post by eschano » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:06 pm

Wooohoooo! Well done!
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:04 pm

Day 11: :wink:
Day 12: :wink:
Day 13: :mrgreen:

Had another snow day yesterday. It was an awesome day. We got 14 inches of new snow. Spent time romping outside and 3 hours on the sledding hill with the kids. Back to work today.

Diets Don't Work.

tobiasmom

hey

Post by tobiasmom » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:27 pm

Awesome job! My kids would be so jealous! Hopefully our next base will have some snow :)
No-S restart 01/08/23

eschano

Post by eschano » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:25 am

How lovely is that - to get a day in the snow with your kids!
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:04 am

Day 14: :mrgreen:
Day 15: :mrgreen:

Yesterday I had a coworker bring me a freshly baked donut. It's the ones everyone raves about. You know what I'm talkin' about. :? They were REALLY pushed on me even after I said, "no thanks!" I finally just said that I am trying to cut back on sweets. Whew! Made it through that. At the ballgame on Tuesday night my husband ran into an old friend. He reached into his pocket and shoved a dove chocolate into my hand. After he left I stuffed it in my purse. sigh.... fence around the rules, fence around the rules. I DID IT!! :D

Diets Don't Work.

tobiasmom

hey

Post by tobiasmom » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:44 pm

Wow! Way to make it through some challenging temptations!! This weekend you should go get one of "those" donuts maybe and/or eat that bar. It will taste so much better :)
No-S restart 01/08/23

eschano

Post by eschano » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:09 am

Oh wow, you have a lot more willpower than me ;) I went for the home made scone on Wednesday :oops: and it didn't take much pushing either.
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:30 pm

Day 16: :mrgreen:

Good day yesterday. Echano...I don't feel like I have much willpower at ALL!! I just keep telling myself that I am strengthening my "not giving in" muscle. :wink: Today the is the birthday of the teacher that I work with.....and I have already been told that cupcakes are involved. sigh.....

Diets Don't Work.

eschano

Post by eschano » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:44 pm

Lol! I'm sure like everyone you have good willpower days and bad ones. Just focus on the good ones, as they mean that you do have willpower.
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:37 am

Yesterday Day 20: :mrgreen:

Which would make today day 21!! Yay!! So close I can taste it (but only when included on one of my three plates at meal time...lol)

Diets Don't Work.

tobiasmom

hey

Post by tobiasmom » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:09 pm

Yay! You're doing it! 21 days! So awesome! We are almost one month into our twelve-month journey :)
No-S restart 01/08/23

LoriLifts

Post by LoriLifts » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:21 am

Wow!
I'm congratulating you early 'cause I know you're going to get it done!
You are my inspiration to do 21 days!
:D :D :D :D

eschano

Post by eschano » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:07 am

Fantastic! Delighted for you!
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:33 am

Yippy Skippy I completed 21 days onTuesday!!! And yesterday was GREEN as well! :mrgreen:

Today I am going to have an S Event. We are having a luncheon at work. I don't know if these should be S Events for me or not?? They only come around about 3 times a year. Not going to take the whole day as an S Day....just lunch.

Diets Don't Work.

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:00 pm

So my "S Event" on Thursday...the staff luncheon at work...turned into more than a "S Event". grrrrr!!! And then it bled over into Friday for the kids Valentine's party and after work as well. :cry: And then of course Saturday and Sunday were S Days. Soooooo...not gonna wreck the car!! I am in this for the long haul! Pressing on!! Need a green day today! Thinking that I may not be ready for S Events just yet??

Diets Don't Work.

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:03 am

Whew! So happy to report that yesterday was GREEN! :mrgreen: It was hard faught, but I DID IT! I REALLY wanted to snack right after work yesterday...REALLY! But, I strengthened my "resisting" muscles! I'm wondering IF there is anything that can replace my urge to want to decompress with food. I'm not hungry really. It's just what I want to do...relax with a snack. I don't know if there is anything that I could look forward to as much??? And how long until the thoughts of food disappear? Will they ever? Rambling thoughts...

Diets Don't Work.

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:00 pm

Hi Zippadee,

I exercise as soon as I arrive home so I don't have time for a snack. I don't know if I look forward to it as much but I never, ever regret it. I was never able to replace my after work-snack with something else because, like you, I really wanted the snack. But, when I set an exercise goal, I was able to substitute something physical for my usual snack time. By the time I'm finished with my exercise, it's time to cook dinner and too late for a snack. Maybe you could try doing something incompatible with eating at that time. The two obvious things that come to my mind are exercise and a shower. But it can be anything you enjoy; sewing, writing, puzzles. The key is that the activity has to be easy to start and once started you will want to continue and, of course, difficult to eat while you do it.

As to whether or not the thoughts of food will disappear. I don't really know because I still come home from work pretty hungry most days. But, it definitely has gotten easier to resist the thoughts and I haven't had an after-work snack in a couple of months so I'm assuming it will just keep getting easier.

Good luck

tobiasmom

hey

Post by tobiasmom » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:44 pm

You are doing great! I've had a few bad days and a few good days this past week or so. LIFE!
No-S restart 01/08/23

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Thu May 14, 2015 1:53 pm

ok. I'm BAAAACK!! I don't even want to think about how many times I have restarted. gah!! I'll just say that I am back for the upteenth time and that will be close. Yesterday was GREEN I had to fight really hard to not snack after work...REALLY hard! I like the exercising idea from Gingerpie! On the days that I am able (no kids to run around) I think I will do just that. Get home put on my walkin' shoes and JUST DO IT!

I had my yearly physical last Tuesday and my weight was up higher than ever. :cry: I will have some routine bloodwork done and go back to discuss the results on June 22. That is six weeks from this past Monday. I am hoping that my weight will be down at least a smidgen by then. I am trying to just focus on the HABIT, but I obviously DO want my weight to go down!

Wed. May 13 Day 1: :mrgreen:

I have the day off today. I am going to go into town for a haircut and hope to maybe meet up with my daughter for lunch and a walk.

Diets Don't Work.

tobiasmom

hey

Post by tobiasmom » Fri May 15, 2015 12:00 am

Hey there! I'm back at it YET again too! No promises, but let's try to keep our heads on straight :)
No-S restart 01/08/23

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Fri May 15, 2015 1:40 am

Hi Tobiasmom!! Wavin' atcha! We can cheer on each other. :D

Thursday May 14 Day 2: :mrgreen:
Enjoyed my day off so very much! Very nice and relaxing. ahhhh! My daughter and I went for an hour long walk. I got in 11,902 steps. Yay! I have a fitbit and love it!

Diets Don't Work.

tobiasmom

hey

Post by tobiasmom » Fri May 15, 2015 2:39 pm

I have a fitbit too. You want to find me on there? I think you can do it by my email address (jwandawandtw@gmail.com)!
No-S restart 01/08/23

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Sat May 16, 2015 1:28 pm

Friday May 15 Day 3: GREEN!

I got in 14,647 steps. Yay!! That was a normal days work in combination with an hour long walk.

Tobi...I will see if I can figure out how to find you on there. I'm a beginner, so it may take me a bit to figure it out. :wink:

Happy Saturday everyone!

Editing to add that we had our first bonfire of the season last night and I did NOT have a smore. Diggin' in my heels!! That is worth sharing! :P

Diets Don't Work.

eschano

Post by eschano » Mon May 18, 2015 8:58 am

Well done on the smore! And the steps!

Tobiasmom, you have the longest email address :lol:
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Tue May 19, 2015 10:35 am

Sat May 16 Day 4: S Day :)
Sun May 17 Day 5: S Day :)
Mon May 18 Day 6: :mrgreen:

Amazing how much better I feel in just six days!! I think a lot of it is the walking. Yesterday I got in 10,123 steps. Got out into our walk and got caught in a downpour before my son came and got us. Ha! It actually was fun!! :D

Tobiasmom I sent you a friend request (is that what you call it??) on fitbit. :)

Diets Don't Work.

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Wed May 20, 2015 11:15 am

Tuesday May 19 Day 7: :mrgreen:

Only got in 4800 steps yesterday because I sat at a track meet from 3:30 until 9 last night. The good news is that my sons 800 meter relay team won at the league meet. That was FUN! :) Eating went well. Turned down the best apple pie ever! It was sent to our building at work for staff appreciation and it sat on the table where we ate. Fence around the law is my motto! Also hubby had a cookie with dinner and encouraged me to do so as well. Nope!
Plan on going for a nice long walk after work today. I took a 1/2 a personal day today to come home and get some things done here!

Diets Don't Work.

NoS-er

Post by NoS-er » Sat May 23, 2015 11:13 pm

______
Last edited by NoS-er on Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

mimi

Post by mimi » Fri May 29, 2015 3:55 pm

Day 4: Give myself credit when I make good choices. Installed a clicker on my phone to count and acknowledge when I do this.
Hey ZippaDee! I spent some time yesterday catching up on your thread and discovered that you are using The Beck Diet Solution! That book was key in helping me to finally get my act together to stick with NoS, drop the excess weight, and get my health in order. It's awesome!
I absolutely loved the idea you have with using a clicker on your phone to tally each time you make a good choice and give yourself credit. As soon as I saw that, I immediately went to the app store and searched for a counter app and found one that I really like. So, since yesterday I am up to 4! It is really inspiring and will be very helpful to keep me mindful of the choices I'm making (or not making!) My habits of late have gotten very sloppy and I've had more red days than I'd like to have. As a result, my weight has crept up 10 pounds. :( So, I decided to come back to the boards and post daily until I was back to strict vanilla NoS and firm habits. If weight loss occurs, fine - if not, that's fine also, but I really want to get back in the healthy BMI range. That's important. We'll see!
Anyway, great to see that you're back!
Mimi :D
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:36 am

Hey Mimi and NoSer! Thanks so much for stopping by and for the encouragement!

I was involved in a serious car accident on Monday afternoon. Thankfully my injuries are not serious. The fact that I was driving a suburban and wearing a seat belt saved my life. I live on a state hwy and was making a left turn into my driveway after work Monday afternoon. There was an oncoming car, so I came to a complete stop with my blinker on while waiting for this car to pass. I was rear ended by a pick up truck doing approximately 60 mph. :cry: He never even applied his brakes. The sound will haunt me for the rest of my life. Thankfully none of my kids were in the vehicle with me!!! It would have been absolutely devastating. My vehicle is a mangled mess! The back is pretty much non-existent. My seat broke and tilted back leaving me with severe severe bruising and swelling on my upper legs. I am a beautiful shade of a plum. I had my follow up appointment with my regular doc yesterday morning. I am done with work for the rest of the school year. So, I missed the last week because we are done on Monday. I am still on the heavy duty pain meds which makes the pain bearable. I am much better now than I was a few days ago. I can now get up and down out of a chair on my own and in and out of my bed on my own. And my kids laugh when I show off my speed demon skills on walking across the floor. ha! I am so extremely thankful that I was not hurt. My doc says it is a miracle that I did not break any bones. Praise God for watching over me. My suburban saved my life! ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS WEAR YOUR SEATBELT!!!!

Diets Don't Work.

osoniye

Post by osoniye » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:55 am

ZippaDee wrote:Praise God for watching over me.
Yes to that!!
Wow, ZippaDee, it is amazing you weren't seriously injured. I'm sure you'll be sore for a while, but keep up the grateful attitude.
Wishing you a speedy recovery back to normal!
-Sonya
No Sweets, No Snacks and No Seconds, Except (Sometimes) on days that start with "S".

eschano

Post by eschano » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:04 pm

Wow ZippaDee! I'm so so so glad you are ok! I hope that driver-who-didn't-pay-attention is also ok and learns from the mistake. And that - as thankfully nothing else was too damaged - you get reimbursed.

Love from London!
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:00 pm

Thank you Sonya and Eschano! The young man that hit me is in his mid 20's. He is ok as well. Such a blessing that we were both in big vehicles. He actually came to my house later that evening to speak with me, but I was still at the hospital at the time. I was so sorry that I missed him!! Had told my husband at the hospital that I so wished I could speak with him to assure him that it was an "accident" and that I was not angry with him. I did get to chat with him via email later that evening. And, we had a nice conversation. He was extremely apologetic and sweet! Both of our vehicles are totaled and things are being taken care of through insurance. A very traumatic experience for me. The past few days I have started to deal with the emotional side of it all. :cry: Up until a the day before yesterday I had been perfectly fine emotionally. Then bam. I have faith that God will get me through this and I will come out stronger on the other side!

Diets Don't Work.

mimi

Post by mimi » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:40 pm

Oh, my ZippaDee! So sorry to hear of your accident, but so thankful that you're okay - well, aside from all the terrible bruising and soreness. All that will eventually heal and vehicles can be replaced. People cannot. Our God is indeed good.
Wishing you a complete and speedy recovery - both physically and emotionally. Take your time working through everything.
Love,
Mimi :D
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

eschano

Post by eschano » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:21 pm

Oh, how nice that he seems to be such a lovely guy. You know, I was fearing for the typical flight reaction people get when they cause accidents. His behaviour seems to be another way to make the healing quicker for sure.
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:27 pm

I'm still here! It has now been six weeks since my accident and I am doing much better! My outside bruising is all gone, but I am still nursing two good sized hematomas...one on each leg. They are improving sloooowly, but surely! I am still heating them three times a day. My body is ever so gradually dissolving them. My energy level is finally much improved as well. Yay! I go back to the doc next Monday for another follow up.

I have once again reverted to my old and ugly eating habits! Old habits are SO difficult to break! I am NOT giving up on myself!

It has been a difficult few months. My mom had a heart attack Feb. 26. (she is doing well!) We lost our dog on Mar. 28. And then my accident Jun 1. All of these are just good reminders not to take life for granted!

If you have followed my check ins at all you know that I struggle with questioning the HOW I should be going about losing this weight. I basically have gone back and forth between the idea of weight watchers and NoS. I always EVENTUALLY end up back here! I spend a lot of time debating what I should do and not much time at all actually DOING IT! sigh.... Last year my whole family was on Weight Watchers, which put me actually spending much of the year debating if I should actually be doing that?! Since Mom's heart attack the doc has put her on a low carb diet. So, now most of my family is doing that instead of ww. So, now I have to add that debate in my mind. Well, NO MORE! I need to stop researching and debating and just stick to plain ole vanilla No S. I need to work on the habits!! Many moons ago I actually did become a lifetime member of ww. It obviously did not work for me in the long run and that is what it is all about...something that I can actually live with for the rest of my life. There is too much focus on the food and not enough focus on life! I want to be healthy, but not focus constantly on the food! I need to just flat out DO IT!! It's that plain and simple. Just focus on the habits one day at a time!

With all that said, I FINALLY had a good day yesterday as far as eating goes. No Sweets. No Snacks. No Seconds. It was difficult because I have been so off in recent days!

I plan on being back here often. If are still reading. Thanks for listening!

Diets Don't Work.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:54 am

So sorry to hear about your accident ZippaDee! Sounds like a tough time. My dh had a heart attack too recently. It's so scary but can be a good wake up call. I swear these difficulties seem to come in waves and then thankfully things seem to calm down again.

I so relate to your overthinking everything diet related. I went back & forth with wondering if I should be doing NoS or intuitive eating or if I should even be dieting at all. That internal struggle is even harder than just actually doing the work of losing weight.

After dh had his heart attack it was life changing for both of us. I knew I needed to support him in getting healthy so I just stopped all the wondering and got down to business. I knew I wanted to healthier and losing weight was part of that solution.

I know a lot of people love ww but I love the ease of nos. I've lost 30 lbs without counting or measuring anything. Also although dh lost 30 lbs too, I notice he struggles at times more than I do because he has to make more decisions than I do about if he should eat. He'll often grab nuts between meals then have to resist eating more whereas if it's not mealtime & not on my plate, it's a no-brainier I don't eat it. It's just a habit now so takes very little willpower.

Remember NoS can be adapted to any kind of eating you want to do--low-carb, low-fat, paleo etc. it just makes everything easier so makes sense to work on the habit for a few months without too much concern regarding the scale. Once the habit is formed you can tweak the what of your plate to achieve your weight goals.

I know you've been on the board for a long time & you know all this already but if you're an over-thinker like me, it'll probably help to have a very clear mental picture of why following Nos is right for you. You can do this!!

Linda
:twisted: SW: 210 lbs
CW: 172
GW:160

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:40 pm

Thanks Linda! You've hit the nail on the head....the internal struggle of considering what you MIGHT do is so much more exhausting then actually doing something!! This is true in all areas of life!

Yes...Mom's heart attack was definitely a wake up call for me! I'm glad all is well with your dh! Scary!

And..yes...for now I am just focusing on the HABIT of no sweets, no snacks and no seconds!! I need to get that down first and then POSSIBLY tweak what is actually on my plate later! I do think I will start recording what I am actually eating though so that I can have it as a reference for later if I need it.

Yesterday I had
breakfast: 1 pc toast w peanut butter, cherries
lunch: grilled chicken sunflower salad, raspberries
supper: bowl potato soup, 1 pc french bread w/butter, watermelon

I woke up hungry this morning, which is a good thing! Feels good.

And, thanks Linda...I DO need to have a clear picture of what I am doing and why!

DOIN' IT :!:

Diets Don't Work.

tobiasmom

hey

Post by tobiasmom » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:59 pm

Hey, Girl! Great to see you around. I seriously feel like you and I are the same people!! Ha. I totally understand the struggle of choosing WHAT to do instead of just DOING something! I've been doing that for years. Always starting or planning to start.... never following through.

I think we can conquer this together! We have tried in the past and both gave up for other plans we can't stick to. Want to make a pact to stick to No-S period for at least this next month? I'm here. I'm staying off the scale and staying off the diet sites! :)
No-S restart 01/08/23

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:09 pm

I ran across a quote a few weeks back that really resonated with me...

"Hating your body will never get you as far as loving it will!"

This is so true isn't it?! And, I think as I have gotten older I have gradually come around to this way of thinking! It is something I really have to work to achieve though...a love for my body!

I think that in the past I had grown a hatred for my body and my legs in particular. Words that I have used to describe my legs in the past are lumpy, bumpy, flabby, etc. I have worked to change this way of thinking no matter what kind of physical fitness level I happen to be in. But, it has been a job for me to really love my body!

And THEN....an eye opener. A life event to make this thing that I have been struggling with ( a love for my body) not a struggle anymore....my auto accident.

My auto accident I had in June has been very eye opening for me and has actually provided me with a new sense of love and appreciation for my body and my legs in particular! I injured my legs....not the bones, but the muscles and flesh in my thighs. They are still not fully recovered. I have learned that my body and it's ability to recover on it's own is amazing!!! My body has gradually...very slowly.. returned to it's beautiful glorious normal healthy fat state. As my very large hematomas have gradually shrunk in size there has been a definite line of "good fat"...and "bad swollen fat" (these are my non-medical terms for it..ha). I have learned to truly LOVE and appreciate my legs! I love the good fat of my legs! They serve me well! I have longed for my legs to return to their normal fat state! My legs are glorious! I love them!! They allow me to walk and get places pain free! And, in comparison to my injured mangled swollen plum colored legs they look GREAT! I have a new appreciation and love for my legs and my body.

And, it is because of that love that I have for my legs and my body that I want to take care of it....NOT because I hate how it looks. It is such a different mind set. It changes everything!!

I have been (and am FINALLY able to after my accident) taking my legs for long walks. Yay!!!

Because I love my body I am committing to giving it three plates of healthy food each day and moving my body each day!!

I think it is important to love our bodies exactly as they are TODAY!! And because of that love we treat them well!

Yesterday I fueled my body with:
B: 1/2 bagel w/ pb, grapes
L: grilled chicken salad
D:chicken alfredo, salad, watermelon, breadstick

Day 1: GREEN

Went on an hour long walk yesterday morning. I have a fitbit and my goal is 10,000 step a day. Monday I got 13,623 and yesterday 9,565

Diets Don't Work.

osoniye

Post by osoniye » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:30 pm

That's a great post, ZippaDee.
So good to hear of the silver lining to your accident, that you are able to see your body and legs in a new light!
-Sonya
No Sweets, No Snacks and No Seconds, Except (Sometimes) on days that start with "S".

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:41 am

Beautiful post & so inspiring Zippa! My friend went through something similar after her car accident. She couldn't wait to start moving her body once she was healed and began exercising for the shear joy of it. This happened before I knew her but she told me about it & I understood then why she was one of the few women I knew that didn't talk disparingly about their bodies. 😀

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:51 am

Thanks for the encouragement Sonya and Linda! :)

Yesterday was a good day! I got in 12,953 steps. I took an hour long walk yesterday morning with my daughter..SO nice! Also took my kiddos swimming at a local lake. Actually got in the lake with the kiddos instead of sitting on the sidelines. It was tons of fun! I have been making an effort to.sit in the midday sun for about 15 minutes in my bathing suit with no sun screen to soak in some.vitamin d. (Found out recently that I am vitamin d deficient) . I did that and then decides to go swimming. So, I ended up a bit pink..Not.horrible though. :wink:

Day 2: GREEN
I fueled my body with:
B: almonds, watermelon, 1/2 pb bagel
L: pasta, veggie, grilled chicken medley, watermelon
D: grilled cheeseburger on whole grain bun, fries, watermelon, 1/2 ear corn

Diets Don't Work.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:02 am

Looks like a great day! So weird how I keep hearing about all these recent vit D deficiencies even here in Sunny Arizona. Must be all that sunscreen we finally learned to apply.

Keep up the good work!

Linda

P.S. I like the "I fueled my body with" mentality!

tobiasmom

Hey

Post by tobiasmom » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:25 pm

So glad to hear you are on the mend and loving your body. Very convicting for me. I'm not there yet....but I want to be!! I've gotta dust off my Fitbit and get walking again!!! Great seeing you here.
No-S restart 01/08/23

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:02 pm

Wow! I just posted a way long..... probably overly detailed post...and for some reason it's gone! gulp......I spent about an hour on it. Oh well...

Very long story, much shorter.... I am back! ....combining ww simply filling plan with the No S Diet.

I will be around!

:)

Diets Don't Work.

osoniye

Post by osoniye » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:29 am

So good to see you.
Sorry about your post!
Hope simply filling works for you! I think it's a great list of foods!
-Sonya

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:05 pm

I have decided to just continue on in this thread instead of "starting over" again on my 2017 thread. I am really not starting over. I am a constant work in process! I have been reading over this thread that I started in 2010 and want to remember where I have been and what I have learned along the way. Wow! As I read through this I realize that I have struggled with the same things over and over and over again! It just reinforces the idea that I need to stick with this and focus on this for the LONG haul!!! Don't let slow progress derail me because no matter the pace it IS progress and it is so MUCH better than yo yoing back and forth and white knuckling it and ultimately ending up back in the same place. This is about a mind set and loving myself right NOW in this moment!
Here is a quote that stuck out for me that I posted myself here in this thread:
In my quest of researching this and learning about this I have discovered that phychologists actually have a name for this. It's called the paradoxical theory of change. MY uneducated understanding of this and how I am applying this to MY life right now is that in order to truly change I need to stop trying so hard to change. I need to accept where I'm at right NOW! I can't move forward and change until I am ok with where I currently am now. I will continue spinning my wheels so to speak, which is exactly what I've been doing for years. I count calories and deprive myself in a quest to lose weight because I hate the way my body looks. Instead I need to love myself where I am at first...exactly as I am. When I do that I will naturally take care of my body that I love and change will occur naturally and with EASE!
YES!! Good stuff. Over the past several years I have on and off picked a "word of the year" for myself to focus on. I have finally decided on the word "RELAX" for 2017. Not relax as in being lazy.... :lol: , but relax as in not white knuckling things or over thinking things!! I will explore this more as time goes on.

Also, as I read back through this I see that over and over and over gain (including this past year) I run into a problem when people start commenting on my weight loss. It derails me! WHY does this happen?? I need to figure this out!

AND....in the past if I am not actively working on a certain "diet" my mind and time are consumed with researching what program I SHOULD be doing! Since detoxing myself from ww over the past month or so and deciding that I am committed to No S, I am finding myself being kind of fidgety. In my very limited amount of extra time I have I am not looking at ww websites or recipes or facebook posts. I am trying to get away from reading about any new fad diet. And, quite honestly there is not a whole lot to say about No S because it is so simple kwim?! :lol: Just an observation.

I had my first GREEN week of 2017!!! Feeling happy about that!

Diets Don't Work.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:15 pm

Wow lots of good stuff here ZippaDee! Ive been reading over my thread too and am reminded how NoS gave me so much relief even before I lost any weight. I talk a lot about how NoS took my constant obsessing and self-loathing away. I take so much of that for granted now but it's important I remember how far I've come emotionally.

I think you're right on about self-acceptance. It will get you much farther than body hatred. Things that have helped me is realizing beauty comes in all sizes. Just look at all those gorgeous plus size models. Also there are two exercises in in my intuitive eating book that helped me out:

1) imagine you woke up one morning and all the popular woman's magazines featured a woman on the cover w the exact body size/type as you. (Beauty is a social construct) can you finally relax and enjoy your body?
2) Imagine some gas was accidentally released in our atomsphere that made it impossible to either gain or lose weight. How would you live the rest of your life? How would you eat & exercise? How would you spend the time you normally spend thinking & researching about weight loss?

I definitely don't recommend intuitive eating though but these thoughts exercises can be helpful in trying to gain acceptance. As far as spending time researching diets. I get that too. I had been dieting since I was 10 and it became a hobby for me. A welcome distraction to stress that's not easy to give up. It's also the promise of a better you, a better life in which everything will suddenly be transformed.

For me I think I've replaced my diet hobby with my passion for cooking. I like learning about plant based cooking as well as trying new restaurants & new cooking techniques. It's still a welcome distraction to the day to day stuff but much healthier. I guess I couldn't completely let go of the food related stuff though! &#128522;

Lastly it is interesting that people commenting on your weight is a trigger. I think I've felt something similar before too. Are you worried you might end up letting them down? Or does being noticed in general make you uncomfortable? Are you worried ppl won't like you ask much if you're thinner? Maybe feel threatened by you?

Okay sorry for the novella but you gave me lots to think about! Glad you're back & thanks for stopping by my thread!

Linda :)

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:25 am

lpearlmom said:
1) imagine you woke up one morning and all the popular woman's magazines featured a woman on the cover w the exact body size/type as you. (Beauty is a social construct) can you finally relax and enjoy your body?
2) Imagine some gas was accidentally released in our atomsphere that made it impossible to either gain or lose weight. How would you live the rest of your life? How would you eat & exercise? How would you spend the time you normally spend thinking & researching about weight loss?
This is so extremely empowering to me! WOW!! If all the popular woman's magazines featured a woman with my exact body size/type as me I would be strutin' my stuff!! :lol: It truly would change how I feel about my body!

As far as people noticing my weight loss triggering set backs for me....I think it has something to do with my defenses coming up....the thought is something like "what was wrong with me before....I am still the same person"...not sure?? Still exploring and trying to figure this out??

Thank you so very much for your insightfulness, Linda! I really appreciate your responses and time!

Diets Don't Work.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:14 am

Okay good. Glad you found it interesting. I totally get what you're saying. When people compliment your Weightloss it's kind of an insult at the same time. It's great you're doing so much self-reflection.

Linda :)

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:38 am

Thanks Linda! It still doesn't make a lot of sense though because I always desire for folks to notice. I wonder when they will and when they do I flip. It is definitely MY problem! People are just being kind and encouraging!

M: :mrgreen:
T: :mrgreen:
W: :mrgreen:

Having a good week. Friday will be a planned yellow day, as my hubby and I will be away for a long weekend get away....our Christmas gift to each other. :D

Diets Don't Work.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:20 am

Wow look at you go! &#128512;

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:24 am

How are you doing? Come back!
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:05 am

I second that motion.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

tobiasmom

Yes

Post by tobiasmom » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:08 pm

I third that! 😜
I understand! I've been off and on, but we know nothing else has more freedom, Girl!!
No-S restart 01/08/23

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:19 am

It's not too late to have a great last third of 2017, including sane holidays. Come say hi!
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:25 am

Ok, here I am. Back again!! Ready to tackle this once and for all. It is almost embarrassing to me how long I have been around....back and forth and back and forth. So wishy washy....never fully committing.....ALMOST embarrassing. It's ok though because I am here now. I have not given up! I am committed to NoS for the year. Trying not to focus on the weight as much as the habit and how I feel.

So far, so good. I am beginning my second week. Last week was all green and today was green. I am not worried about the weekends at this point....just focused on keeping my N days green. The weekend was very enjoyable and did not feel over the top at all.

I miss my hot chocolate. I was getting used to stopping for a hot chocolate on my way to work every morning and sipping on it all morning. I was doing this in place of breakfast. The first few days without it were difficult, but it is getting easier.

My hubby is doing this with me this time, which is AWESOME!!!

I am a work in progress! I am getting ready to go read a bit more of the book. Am rereading it again.

ONWARD>>>>>>

Diets Don't Work.

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:41 am

Anyone with a Tigger Avatar will always be enthusiastically encouraged by me!

Glad to see you on the boards, and with hubby this time too!
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/18-25.6; 8/18-24.5; 10/18-23.8;
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
6/20-22.5; 7/20-23.0; 9/20-23.6
4/21 - 25.2

Bluebell

Post by Bluebell » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:36 am

Hi ZippaDee, welcome back to NoS and thank you for your message on my check in, I appreciate it. I wish you every luck on your journey.
"You'll know where the North Star is &#11088;&#65039;" - Oolala

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:32 am

ZD, you do realize that failure to change overeating habits is the norm? That most people now will overeat right up to the end, unless they get old enough to lose their appetite? Some of them will do it in the face of some pretty uncomfortable conditions. I say this because I got the sense that you thought everyone else is doing better than you are, and you just can't seem to get this "simple" habit.

I believe you are one of the ones who are going to beat the odds. Look forward to realizing next January that you have a decent year under your belt-rather than something else. :shock:
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23