Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Warming Up/Cooling Down

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Shovelglove General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nediswizard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:55 am    Post subject: Warming Up/Cooling Down Reply with quote

Do you need to warm up/cool down before and after shovelglove?
Shuggernaut

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't really a "yes or no" question. I don't feel the need to warm up, as shugging sort of warms me up as I get going with it. On the other hand, depending on your level of fitness, strength, flexibility, etc., you might want to limber up a bit before starting your shovelglove session. I also don't find it necessary to cool down afterwards... if you do, then do.

In the beginning, I suggest erring on the side of caution... warm up a little before shugging, get acquainted with the movements and pacing of the workout, and go from there. Have fun Smile!

"The patient warrior is rewarded." (~Klingon proverb)
reinhard
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't...

Probably couldn't hurt, but 14 minutes is all I can consistently bring myself to spare, and that would put me over the edge.

I have to say I've been surprised though at how "safe" shovelglove has been for me over these 14 years. I've never once injured myself, which is far more than I can say for my attempts at running. Maybe it's the reverse of that psychological seatbelt/airbag effect that makes people more likely to have car accidents: because swinging around a sledgehammer is so obviously dangerous, it's hard not to be careful.

Reinhard
Urassaya07

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good answer to the apartment.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Shovelglove General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: