Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maggie Mae's daily check in
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaggieMae

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Jen! I might try having berries like you suggested. It might help!
Had several things planned this week,so didn't even attempt to stay on track. Feel disgusted with myself. Had to drive two hours to work today, and definitely used it as an excuse to eat junk. McDonald's sausage biscuit for breakfast. Chips and a candy bar for lunch. A bowl of pinto beans and cornbread at my mom's for dinner( yay, fiber! Haha), and popcorn with butter while watching a movie this evening. I get pay back tomorrow though because I'm having a physical for my insurance, and I have to fast until the blood work is drawn. My husband scheduled my appointment for2:45pm!!!! I almost killed him! I can't eat until afterwards. Kinda looking forward to it after today. Detox from all the junk. Maybe I'll try to keep Friday green and get back on track next week.
MaggieMae

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made it until3:30pm until eating. My cholesterol, blood pressure, and glucose were all perfect! Woot! My husband, who is thin and never gains an ounce, had high blood pressure, cholesterol, AND triglycerides. If you looked at us, you would guess that I'm the unhealthy one. Now I'm worried about him. His employer is going to pay for a health coach and he'll have to meet with her and track his food. I bough frozen blueberries today. Can't wait to try them. Will get back on plan tomorrow. Having an early Christmas with my parents Saturday. I can't wait! That will be incentive to not eat sweets tomorrow.
Merry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, so glad your results came out fine! Sorry about your dh though (that would be a bummer to have to track food, but hopefully it helps his numbers get to a healthier range.)

I've not done frozen berries as a snack, but I sure do love my fruit/yogurt smoothie for breakfast every day. Yum!

28.5 lbs. down, 34.5 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.

"...slim cultures...value not overeating. They don't eat more of a food just because it's good. They enjoy the food more."--Oolala
oolala53

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Understand that food habits are usually driven by brain patterns that don't go down without a fight. They can even produce thoughts that perserve them. That is likely what considering calorie counting is right now: a diversionary tactic cooked up by the neural pattern that is likely to fail but keep the snacking/sweets habits in place. The pattern is neutral. It is not trying to sabotage you. It thinks it is protecting you. Your prefrontal cortex knows better. Let it assert itself until the new wiring gets stronger.

There is no S better than Vanilla No S.
MaggieMae

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,Merry! I might use my blueberries to make a smoothie, too. That would be a way to get some yogurt into my diet as I'm not a big of the stuff. Thanks for the insight oolala. When I feel temptation, I'll remind myself that it's my brain trying to preserve those old habits. Today has been unusually easy. I think all the good advice I've been getting has finally helped me turn the corner. I have felt so much better today and more energy.I haven't had any fast food or sugary drinks, and I've had fruit with every meal. It's almost time to start dinner, so I'm pretty much in the clear. I'm making chili, so fiber, protein, and veggies will keep me full all evening. I can't twll you guys how much I appreciate you and your encouragement!
MaggieMae

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy S day! Haha. I always get out my real camera and set the timer and get a good picture of my family in front of my mom's Christmas tree. Today, I was looking at the pictures that are already on the camera card,and I found my " before picture" that I'm going to use when I finally get to do a success story on here! It was myself with my husband and son sitting on a rock at a park. Oh my goodness. It's hard to look at. Haha. But, a year from now it will be beside a new picture. One where I'm healthier and hopefully noticeably smaller. Until then, I'll keep it hidden. Laughing
Merry

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaggieMae wrote:
Happy S day! Haha. I always get out my real camera and set the timer and get a good picture of my family in front of my mom's Christmas tree. Today, I was looking at the pictures that are already on the camera card,and I found my " before picture" that I'm going to use when I finally get to do a success story on here! It was myself with my husband and son sitting on a rock at a park. Oh my goodness. It's hard to look at. Haha. But, a year from now it will be beside a new picture. One where I'm healthier and hopefully noticeably smaller. Until then, I'll keep it hidden. Laughing

Yeah! Hope you have a great pic a year from now.

I think my loss is only subtly noticeable in pics, but maybe in another year I'll try to do pics. It's hard as the mom to get before pics--usually I'm the one taking them, LOL!

"...slim cultures...value not overeating. They don't eat more of a food just because it's good. They enjoy the food more."--Oolala
MaggieMae

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry wrote:

I think my loss is only subtly noticeable in pics, but maybe in another year I'll try to do pics. It's hard as the mom to get before pics--usually I'm the one taking them, LOL!

Yes, I'm in very few pictures, too! Haha. I think that's why it was such a shock to see that picture of myself.
Had a great time today at my parents. Mom gave me my favorite candy- ghirardelli peppermint bark. I had two squares. I have an idea. I have a small storage box next to my bed. I got it for my birthday and never figured out what I wanted to keep in it. I think I'm going to use it as my s day box. Extra peppermint bark,or candies that people give me can be saved in there until an S day. I'm hoping that since they'll be out of sight, I'll forget about the goodies. If I find myself peeking in longingly, I'll find a better hiding place.
oolala53

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By my bed would likely end up in my bed... but i like the idea of a special storage box. Maybe up in a closet that takes getting up on a chair...

RAWCOOKIE

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
I had to laugh, because I have put my Xmas chocolate and cookies on a high shelf in the kitchen cupboard, but every time I opened the cupboard, my eyes flicked up to that shelf!!!! Amazing! So, today, I've put a row of canned tomatoes all along the front of the shelf so that the Xmas stuff is hidden behind it. Now when I open the cupboard, all I see is canned tomatoes! Rolling Eyes I'm hoping that this will re-train my neural pathways (oolala53!) and they'll give up looking up there!
Laughing

13.6.15 124.25lbs
1.3.17 112.25lbs

Last edited by RAWCOOKIE on Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
oolala53

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wansink is definitely in favor of keeping the foods we "should" eat in the easiest place to see them and the others- out of sight. He even thinks we should keep freggies on the shelves of the fridge and the dense stuff in the drawers.

MaggieMae

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been having my husband hide the mtn dew for years! If I can see it, I'll drink several cans a day. Last night, I put all the sodas in a bag so he could hide them until next Saturday. Laughing
I'm craving a mtn dew so bad today. The guy in front of me at the grocery store grabbed a bottle of mtn dew out of the cooler and sat it down on the conveyor belt. Thanks a lot! Haha. My resolve is different this time because of my husband's health scares. He is trying so hard to resist sweets and I want to be a support for him. I'm having dinner with my best friend this evening, so that gives me a delicious meal to look forward to.
Merry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good idea for the storage box! I keep my s-day treats in a file drawer at my desk, LOL! I don't think about it too much, and only notice if I open the drawer. Sometimes I forget it on S days, and then will notice a week or two later & wonder what's in there, LOL!

MaggieMae

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot all about my chocolates in the box! Haven't had one since SAturday. Maybe I finally am getting it this time around. At dinner this evening, my friend and I ordered two appetizers ( half price happy hour!) and we just shared them. So, didn't really use a plate, just picked at nachos and soft pretzels. Made sure that I didn't let myself get stuffed. A major victory was that I didn't order their strawberry lemonade, which is sugary sweet but oh so good! I had a diet Coke just because I really needed some bubbles and caffeine. Definitely not as satisfying as the regular Coke, but it served it's purpose. I actually made yesterday (sunday) a green day so I could have an S day this Friday. My son doesn't have any appointments in the afternoon, so I thought I might take him to the Amish bakery and share a donut with him. We'll see how he's doing. If he's sleepy , I'll just take him home to nap and keep it a green day. On a side note, do any of you have any opinions on deodorant having a link to cancer? I've heard both sides, but a patient last week has me terrified of wearing it, but I don't feel "fresh". haha. I also have a coworker who never wore deodorant, and she is currently losing a battle to cancer, so who knows. I haven't been wearing it the past week, and I can't imagine being able to keep this up in the summer. If I walk the dog I get a little stinky. Embarassed
MaggieMae

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting close to time to make dinner, so looks like today is going to be a green day. It's been snowing all day. So beautiful but I've been trapped inside with a four year old who wouldn't nap and I'm getting a headache from lack of soda. Also got called to work tomorrow for another nurse who has pneumonia. So I had the headache of finding someone to drop my son off at preschool in the morning, which turned out that my husband is taking the day off because he has a ton of vacation days to use. Friday can't get here soon enough! Definitely making it an S day.
MaggieMae

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting close to time to make dinner, so looks like today is going to be a green day. It's been snowing all day. So beautiful but I've been trapped inside with a four year old who wouldn't nap and I'm getting a headache from lack of soda. Also got called to work tomorrow for another nurse who has pneumonia. So I had the headache of finding someone to drop my son off at preschool in the morning, which turned out that my husband is taking the day off because he has a ton of vacation days to use. Friday can't get here soon enough! Definitely making it an S day.
MaggieMae

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today is red and I don't care. Haha. Went to bed with a headache and woke up with it. had to come to work on my day off, and a friend is having surgery today for breast cancer and I need to make food and get it to her when I get off work, looks like I'll barely get time to eat lunch. Sorry to vent. Life's not bad, just feeling overwhelmed. Had a mtn dew and a donut for breakfast. Breakfast of champions.
Jen1974

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope today is better! Bad days are the worst!!
MaggieMae

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Jen! Some thoughts about yesterday.... Even though I really want and crave mtn dew, I still didn't have any desire to snack even though I got really hungry before lunch. Also, a coworker wanted to go to a new cupcake store and I didn't want one. We also went and got hot chocolate and I only drank about a fifth of a small because it was so rich. Very positive things!
MaggieMae

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today was red. My coworker gave me my Christmas present which included two homemade buckeyes. I resisted until the drive home. Stuck in traffic with peanut butter and chocolate candy next to me was a dumb move.Haha. Oh well . no desire to say wth. I'll just eat dinner later and get back at it. Even though yesterday was a red day, I logged my calories and I was still under my daily allowance . I ate lunch out yesterday and didn't finish it. I brought the rest home and had it for dinner. Today, we ordered lunch,and I didn't finish it. Eating until I'm satisfied but not cleaning my plate . But you know restaurants always give too much food, so I probably shouldn't pat myself on the back for that. Very Happy
Jen1974

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat yourself of the back big time!! For me, No S is learning to fail small. It's having a big fail & learning from it. It's navigating what is worth failing for & what is not.

I manage a team & if they are stumbling the best thing I can do is build them back up. It's funny how our inner critics are so quick to tear us down. If I treated my team like I did myself they would be worthless 😊. They would think it was impossible to live up to those standards!! If you celebrate the victories (no matter how small) & learn from the mistakes (no matter how big), I guarantee next year at this time you will have made progress!!
Merry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jen1974 wrote:
No S is learning to fail small.

Yes! I totally agree!

MaggieMae, I totally think that having a small fail is a sign of victory & should be celebrated for not becoming a big fail. Good for you!

MaggieMae

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jen and merry! You're so right,Jen about being so critical on ourselves. Last night I was thinking that i should probably just give up because I keep failing. I would never have that attitude with a friend or coworker! Just got out my box of Christmas sweaters that I've collected over the years. Some mediums, large, XL, and XXL in there. Haha. Like a time capsule of my expanding waistline. Laughing
Maybe next Christmas I can wear a few of the older ones.
bunsofaluminum

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just glancing over the past several posts, I can see you are growing! it's wonderful that you didn't let a little slip up (homemade candy in traffic hahaha...) snowball into a total derailment! congrats on that, and your attitude about food is dripping with triumph. Excellent!
MaggieMae

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, aluminum! Sorry to report another red day. Stopped by my mom's and didn't realize she was baking all kinds of goodies. I could have saved them for tomorrow. I really don't know why I caved. Even when I have a red day, I am still eating less than when I'm not doing NO S. This time of year is so hard when it comes toresisting treats. Like Reinhard says in the book, just aim for maintenance during the holidays.
Amy3010

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi MaggieMae! Thanks for stopping by my thread.

I love what Jen said about small fails - I totally agree. To succeed at No-S you have to just keep on building the habit, regardless of what happened the day before. Good reminder for me, as I've been stumbling the past three days.
MaggieMae

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last Sunday I made it an N day and I'm doing that again this week. We rarely have anything special going on on Sundays. I'm making Wednesday an S day. I always over do it on Saturdays so being green on Sunday is actually very welcome! My mom came over last night and brought a goodie bag of fudge,no bake cookies, pretzels with rolosmelted on them, and banana pudding. Wow! I had to take tums last night and I don't remember the last time thst happened.
MaggieMae

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I had too many red days in December, I still managed to lose 2 pounds through the the holidays. My starting weight for my year of NO S is 197.4. I also just had five green days in a row! I don't remember the last time that happened.
osoniye

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you're doing great, Maggie! Good for you at the year end weight loss.
oolala53

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

threewhales

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following you through 2017!
Cynthia aka threewhales

Things should be as simple as possible, but not simpler.
~Albert Einstein
MaggieMae

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone! Today is going fairly easy. It was 46 degrees, which is nice this time of year. Took my son to the playground and ran up and Down stairs playing with him. My crock pot dinner got done way too fast, so I had it for a late lunch. I have my first knitting class this evening, so I'll have a small meal when I get home.
MaggieMae

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is day four of green this week. Had a catered lunch and they brought in big,soft cookies from a bakery and.....I wasn't even tempted. It's not a matter of using will power, I just honestly didn't want one. It snowed and my commute which is typically40 minutes took about2 hours. The stress made me feel that urgent to come home and graze or bake something sweet and comforting, but I'm sitting here drinking a cup of hot chocolate instead to help resist. I feel more confident today. Even though I'm the same size, I feel more in control. Feels good. I've got a bunch of sweets and goodies in my NO S goodie box that I can't wait to break into. Very Happy
oolala53

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet you CAN wait to break into them...

Glad you found a way to interrupt the stimulus-response circuit! Remember such successes and the good feeling that followed as often as possible. It lets your brain know what you want!

MaggieMae

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woke up this morning very nauseated. Just took alka seltzer. Yuck. My son doesn't understand why mommy is not playing with the usual energy. I try not to weigh often, but since this is two weeks of green,I thought I would get on the scales. I've gained5 pounds. Don't think I've eaten that much to warrant a five pound gain in the past week. This may be tmi,but I've had pms for a week now so that's probably the culprit. I'm on medicine for hormonal acne and the side effects include spotting between and frequent periods. Well,I tried to half my dose for a week and acne came back with a vengeance. So I went back up to regular dose. Now, I haven't had a period and my breasts are so tender I can't stand to take my bra off. I feel crazy dealing with all this just over acne, but I would have three or four of those huge painful cysts at all times without it. And usually have at least two between my eyes. I don't want to go back to that.
oolala53

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't sound too discouraged by the scale, which is good. You have no idea how much your weight may have been fluctuating. Sounds like your med situation could be affecting things; it's a trade off. I think I'd make that trade, too.

Lizzy6

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaggieMae, thanks for dropping by my journal.

I am sorry to hear about the acne/medication issue. Maybe they have an alternative medicine that won't mess with your cycles too much?
MaggieMae

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Lizzy! This medicine was literally a miracle cure for my acne. I was so self conscience before and now people compliment my skin all the time. I never thought I'd be into vanity, but I don't want to go back to the way it was. I have two jobs,one is in dermatology. You can imagine how embarrassing it was to go to that job with horrible acne! Today was an S day and I barely got to eat anything due to this stomach thing I've got going on. I'm starting to wonder if it's stress. I have to go see a home infusion patient next weekend and I'm anxious about it. He's in his 80's and I'll have to start an IV (usually difficult in the elderly) and there's several other issues at play in this situation. I'll spare you the details. Anyway, it's been years since anxiety has made me physically I'll like this. Who knows. According to web MD I only have a few days to live. Wink Laughing Monday I go see my neurologist for a follow up on my new MS med. I'm a hot mess. I used to be graceful and feminine and now I feel like an old frumpy mess who's sick all the time. Thank goodness I have a wonderful husband who is in it through sickness and in health.
Merry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So glad the medicine is helping with the acne--sounds painful. Hopefully the side effects (if it's affecting weight) will level off.

Amy3010

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to hear you're having to go through all this. It must be really hard to find an equilibrium with those meds. I hope you do!
MaggieMae

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Merry and Amy! I hate to complain. I'm very blessed. There was a time with my MS that I didn't think I would ever walk unassisted again, so I really am doing quite well.
MaggieMae

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I had already posted a green day on the January challenge thread , but then I had to change it to red. Evil or Very Mad
My son napped late and so we were awake later than usual. I let myself get too hungry and gave in and made a sandwich. I had three squares of peppermint bark leftoverfrom Christmas so I had those. Could've been worse. AND.... I received that peppermint bark in mid December, so it lasted almost a month which is a miracle in itself. Very Happy
I ate too much at lunch. I have this new recipe cooking in the crock pot that looks delicious and it's going to be a while before I'm hungry again. I ate more than my belly needed. What a horrible feeling.
oolala53

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the plate is the upper limit, not the requirement. Being too full and too empty will happen. As time goes on, you'll manage either within the structure.

MaggieMae

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might have a green Sunday tomorrow. Just feeling like I've had too much the last few days. Been eating too much junk like fast food. My work schedule is completely messed up this weekend so I've been eating out a lot. The last few times I've bought fresh fruit,it hasn't been good at.all. I haven't been cooking as much so not as much veggies. I think my body is saying please give us some fresh fruit and vegetables!!!!. Next time I get a chance to go to the store I'll see if anything looks good.
MaggieMae

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a red week. Thursday was my birthday, so that was planned to be yellow. The other days, I just would do something little and stupid. I had something stressful going on, but that's been resolved. Hoping to have a green week!
MaggieMae

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marked today red. Had a knitting class and was gone between5-9:00. Had some chips before class to hold me over. Starting to feel frustrated. Didn't even make it a full month before feeling discouraged. It feels impossible to go without snacks most days of the week. Sometimes due to hunger, other times due to stress. Maybe I should just accept that this is the way my body looks. My weight isn't affecting my health.
Jen1974

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No S is about building habits (: Building, not starting off perfect at them!! Keep trying. It get easier!! Some days having a small fail is in reality a victory. Learning how to fail small on days that aren't normal is a pretty awesome habit too!!
MaggieMae

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Jen! Not sure why this simple program is so hard for me.
Merry

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jen1974 wrote:
No S is about building habits (: Building, not starting off perfect at them!! Keep trying. It get easier!! Some days having a small fail is in reality a victory. Learning how to fail small on days that aren't normal is a pretty awesome habit too!!

Yes!

Hang in there, Maggie! You are off to a good start. Don't sweat imperfections--just keep getting back up.

MaggieMae

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this on the January challenge. Wanted to put it here,too . I hope I do better in February! I've had more red than green in January..
Jan30: I just don't give a rip about anything lately! Tried to get back on track today and discovered we had a few slices of lemon meringue pie left. We're going out of town next week for a few days. Hopefully I'll relieve some stress and regroup. Although, I probably won't be able to de_ stress because our son will be with us. I feel guilty saying that ,but he is having some bad days lately. He can't help it( autism) but that doesn't make it any easier.
On a positive note, due to my husband's recent diagnosis of high blood pressure and cholesterol AND my mom has started a low salt diet, I've been putting more effort into cooking. I've been making meals from scratch and lots of vegetables. This is so much better than the quick meals and junk I've been eating. I think I was letting myself eat fast food and stuff because I was only having three meals a day.
Merry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Feb. goes better for you, Maggie! Sorry to hear about your husband's dx, but love the emphasis on healthier eating.

Autism is tough to deal with. Hang in there.

MaggieMae

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Merry!
oolala53

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you're still having some satisfaction in cooking. Everyone will benefit!

MaggieMae

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been making and trying new recipes! I love it. Wish I had more time for it. The planning is the hardest part for me. Going to try to make it green at least four days this week. I've been giving in too easily lately. I am having dental work tomorrow for a few hourss so lunch will either be a protein smoothie or latte. Had an emotional day. It seems like I only post when I've had a bad day! I'm really not a Debbie downer! Haha. My son won't stay in Sunday school class by himself so my husband usually goes in with him. My husband had to work today so I went. My son's improved so much lately with tolerating social situations and being in school. I didn't expect to see how different he is from his peers. He doesn't jump in and participate with activities or games and if he does decide to speak with a child, he doesn't know what to say so he'll say something he heard from a book or a tv show that doesn't make sense to the conversation. And sometimes he just repeats the other kids. My heart was saddened. There's that fear of him being picked on or isolated. Plus,my parents aren't speaking. They have the worst relationship ever and that saddens me. Apparently my dad is mad that my mom hasn't been cooking dinner much lately( she has fibromyalgia) and he made a comment that she doesn't feel like cooking but she can run around with my son, and he he told her his diapers stink up the trash can. Who the @!@#% says that about their grandchild?!?!? I can't wait to stick him in a nursing home some day. He's going to die a lonely man because he's never cared about anyone but himself. But, eating isn't going to charge any of this.
oolala53

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding dieting for health reasons: IMHO, people trying to diet just to lose weight by following the diet of someone motivated by a real health problem is one of the reasons for big failure rates. The person with a health problem has a lot more at stake, so compliance will likely be better, and there is a lot more reason to be stricter from the beginning. And it's not just about calories, so I think there's less of seeing what a person can "get away with." If I'm going for a longer overnight fast, it messes with the process if I nibble anything in the morning, but if I were just going for intake, I could spread the food out. But I find out I don't need to nibble in the morning, and I'm fine.

Hope you've found your answer, though I don't think there's a lot of data on MS and different IF protocols. I'd try Google Scholar.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: