Prod's Daily check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:42 pm

That's really great to hear!

Truly S-worthy.
C.
CaroleJo

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:38 pm

Awwwww!!!!!
That's terrific!
Bless you and your new family!!!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Prodigalsun

Post by Prodigalsun » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:17 pm

Thanks everyone, we're pretty happy too.

No S: :D
Exercise :|

Worked out a little bit, no SG, will get to that today.
--

Starting Weight: 275
Current: 269
Goal: 190

"I shovel well, I shovel very very well."

Prodigalsun

Prodigalsun

Post by Prodigalsun » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:53 pm

Tuesday was a success.

I went heavy on the portions, but kept it to one plate, and fended off a strong desire to pound down a quarter pounder while driving by McDonalds at 10pm last night.

Shovelglove: :D
Treadmill: :D
--

Prodigalsun

Prodigalsun

Post by Prodigalsun » Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:03 am

Ok, back from the holiday weekend, and back on the N day routine. was a little peckish in the late afternoon, but hung tough. Dinner was a burito.

Workout was Combat Conditioning circuit training. Tomorrow, SG and intervall running workout.
--

Prodigalsun

Prodigalsun

I'm BAAAAAAACK

Post by Prodigalsun » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:17 pm

<Looks around, knocks the dust of the postings, sweeps out the cobwebs.>

Hi. I’m BAAAACK.

I have tried to do No S a half a dozen times. The first time I did it, it stuck for about 3 months, and I lost about 25 pounds. So I knew it worked. I then slowly started letting my discipline fade, a snack here or there, or a quick brownie my wife baked for a party. Then it was seconds of a really good meal, and then I was off the wagon. My sweets consumption skyrocketed. I stopped working out. I was out of control. I gained back the 25 pounds, and another 5 on top of it. I kept making aborted attempts to restart No S, tried, natural hygiene, Body for Life, generic low carb, etc. I even considered hypno therapy. I always found myself, however, coming back to Reinhard’s page. It made so much sense. It seemed eminently maintainable. I had done it before, and the big thing I remembered while I was in the swing of it, was that my appetite actually shrunk after the first 3 weeks. I literally found myself not being able to finish a full plate of food anymore.

My 40th Birthday is looming this year, and damnit, I don’t want to be fat anymore.
Last edited by Prodigalsun on Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--

Prodigalsun

Prodigalsun

Exercise

Post by Prodigalsun » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:19 pm

This time I approached losing weight differently. When I started about trying No S for the 7th time, I decided to focus first on getting my exercise habit down. February 27th, I started my new routine. I put it into effect for 7 weeks prior to starting No S again. I feel it’s now a part of my daily routine, and my energy has really increased. The only downside of this routine is that my S-Day really doesn’t start until after my Saturday Morning Workout. I have settled on doing the Bill Phillips body for life approach, slightly modified for my needs.

Weights

I kept Bill’s approach of alternating Upper Body and Lower body workouts M, W, F. With the alternation, one week I will have two upper body and one lower body workouts, the next week will be 2 lower body and one upper body. I’ve made a few changes. For one, I circuit train, moving from one exercise to the other, without a rest. For another, my lower body workout also incorporates Hindu Squats, talked about extensively in these forums After 7 weeks, I am up to 60 squats (5 sets of 12). Bill recommends that your workout should last between 42-45 minutes, but with my circuit training approach, it takes 35.

Cardio/Shovelglove

To remain consistent with the 35 minutes I’m spending on weights; I decided to keep that timeframe for T,Th,S when I did my cardio workout. So, to that end, I do Bill Phillip’s high intensity cardio routine on the treadmill (20 minutes), a 1 minute cool down, and then I do 14 minutes of ShovelGlove. While Reinhard and others here have built ripped physiques from Shovelglove alone, I like it as a cardio exercise, I think of the treadmill as cardio for my lower body, and shovelglove as Cardio for my upper body. If you move continuously with the sledge hammer; your lungs will be working like a blacksmith’s bellows in short order.

Over the weekend of April 22nd, I played capture the flag and was happy to be able to run faster than some lanky teenagers. Gotta be a morale killer to be outrun by a paunchy 40 year old. It felt great to be able to sprint and feel like you have plenty of gas in the tank.
--

Prodigalsun

Prodigalsun

Week 1

Post by Prodigalsun » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:19 pm

Week One

So, armed with renewed will and inspiration, I began again on April 16th. I had put my exercise system in place 7 weeks prior (see previous post for a description). My reasoning was if I got the exercise working for me, it would be less of a change to manage jumping into No S. The first week was fairly good, I did have an S day, on wednessday, to celebrate a new job with co-workers. I had two beers, a plate of thai food, and then two small pieces of pizza. I did avoid sweets and had diet soda. The rest of the week was fine, though Friday I was starving from about 1pm on. The weekend was fairly normal, I had some snacks, ate some deserts, but didn’t go hog wild. I was actually stoked to get back to the N-day routine.
--

Prodigalsun

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:36 pm

Hi Prod!
Good luck!
Enjoy Spring in Washington :)
Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:16 am

Prodigal,

It's great to see you back here! Though I'm sorry it's after a bit of a falling off... I'm totally confident you can get back on habit, and that this experience will teach you that the training wheels need to stay on, even when you no longer notice them much.

(If it's any comfort, I too am incapable of learning except from personal experience. I have to make every stupid mistake myself. I learn hard, but I do learn.)

Your exercise routine sounds something fierce! Just a little bit of moderation on the diet end and you should be in great shape.

Congratulations on a successful week and looking forward to many more,

Reinhard

Prodigalsun

Post by Prodigalsun » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:46 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome back, Reinhard!

I just keep repeating the phrase "I'm pre-disqualified" every time I walk by a buffet table or my wife's tray of 7 layer bars.

Training wheels are bolted on and staying on!

And thanks, Deb, today is a stunningly gorgeous day. I'm working in Downtown Seattle, today, and the Olympics are out!
--

Prodigalsun

Prodigalsun

Week 2

Post by Prodigalsun » Mon May 01, 2006 8:17 pm

Week 2

Ok, week two went very well, I had no slip ups, although a couple of meals had disgustingly mounded portions. My workout plan went flawelessly. My cravings were less intense than the previous week, and I am feeling fairly certain my sweet tooth has bit the dust...although I did have 4 of my wife's chocolate chip cookies on sunday during a flag football game. I went clamming on saturday, and pigged out on clams and seafood stew.

All in all, a good couple of S days.

Started back today, back into the S-Day swing.
--

Prodigalsun

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue May 02, 2006 12:28 am

I love clams and oysters and any seafood stuff!

We had nice chocolate chip cookies for S days too :)

Have a great week Prodigal!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu May 04, 2006 2:48 am

Congratulations on week 2, prodigal. Some disgustingly mounded portions are to be expected. Glad "pre-disqualified" helped.

Good luck on week 3,

Reinhard

Prodigalsun

Week 3 - Success!!!

Post by Prodigalsun » Sat May 06, 2006 7:25 pm

Thanks, Reinhard!

Week 3 was mostly a success with one slip up. On Monday, I had 4 of my wife's chocolate chip cookies after dinner, we had friends over, everyone was doing it, peer pressure...pissed at myself afterwards, which made me focuss the rest of the week and be flawless.

Portions, a little less, but my sugar craving has had a nail drilled through it's heart. I can now walk by a candy jar in our office and have no pangs of desire for some smooth, rich chocolately goodness....mmmmm....chocolaty goodness....aaragragggagle <Drool> Ok, pangs are mostly gone.

Nailed my workouts at 100 percent, so that felt good, and sledging is fun, I'm focussing on clenching my stomach muscles while I finish each sqing.

I'm back in the 21 day club, baby!
--

Prodigalsun

Prodigalsun

Still S'n after all these years

Post by Prodigalsun » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:37 pm

My treck back to No-S. Where to start? Well, it’s been two years since my last post here. Suffice it to say, I fell off the No-S wagon HARD. If had some time to reflect, and here’s what happened to me. I could go for as long as 3 or 4 weeks…and then after my S days…I couldn’t’ stop the S’s. I couldn’t get myself to return to the program. In the last two years, I’ve tried to get back on No S no fewer than 7 times. Failure, failure, failure. Lots of personal stuff going on. I work for a bank, one of those who really ran afoul of the sub-prime crisis, upheaval in our living situation, and then the coup de grace, my father died suddenly of a heart attack at the young age of 65. That was the siren call to arms for me. I started making exercising a habbit, and started trying to eat better. I went to the Dr. for the first time in 5 years. Found out my Blood pressure was through the roof, as was my cholesterol. So, I started first trying to eat better, and exercise more, but I still was feeling week and devoid of energy. I read countless books, South Beach, Younger Next Year, Ultrametabolism, this website. They all provided me pieces of what I needed to do. I finally decided to take the more radical step for me of cutting out sugar, wheat, and Dairy for 3 weeks. This had the effect of resetting my appetite. My blood pressure dropped 20 points just from that.

Then, the magic happened. I just naturally started to eat in a NoS fashion. I was also eating different things. Instead of an egg/muffin sandwich in the morning, I’d have 2 pieces of fruit and 2 handfuls of raw nuts. Instead of a burger or a huge meal at lunch, I’d have cut up vegetables, and chicken breast on sprouted wheat bread. I decided that what worked for me was not 3 squares a day, but 4 smaller meals. So in the afternoon, about 3, I have a 12 ounce smoothy we make at home, with flax seed, 4 types of berries, banana, soy milk and protein powder. For dinner, it’s a single plate of something healthy like brown rice pasta with marinara sauce and salad. I exercise 6 days a week now, but with more emphasis on longer, lower aerobic impact jogging. I’m training for a marathon. Very Urban Rangerish. I lift weights 2 days a week, because I like it. Otherwise I’d go back to the shovel glove, and still may if I get bored with pumping iron.

The biggest change is the S days. I don’t really do them. I ease up and will have refined flour, bread with a meal, and I’ll have one of my wife’s killer cupcakes, and a hamburger. My weekend S binging is a thing of the past. I feel normal. The scheming voice inside my head non-stop plotting about how to score some additional food, engage in secret eating, or over indulging is now quiet (it occasionally tries to get a rise out of me, but it’s more of a plaintive whine than the full throated roar of an authoritative demon).

So, the numbers? I have been doing this for 2 months straight now. I’ve lost 24 pounds. My energy has returned to what it was in my 30’s. I can run 6 miles now without stopping. It’s not about the numbers for me anymore, however. My barometer is how I’m feeling. And I feel So. Much. Better.

Thank you Reinhard, I have yet to purchase your book on Amazon yet, but it’s on my to do list for this month. I appreciate you pointing the way.
--

Prodigalsun

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:50 am

Hi Prodigal Sun!
Sounds like you have really got back on track with a vengance!!! ;)
I'm very glad to hear you have gone through your rough time and come out the other end stronger and with such great changes!!!
Sorry about your Dad.
Mine died a little over a year ago too, and it was a hard thing to go through.
See you round the boards.
Peace and Love

8) Debs

Prodigalsun

Post by Prodigalsun » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:07 am

Thanks, Deb, good to see your still here! I'm sorry to hear about your dad as well. Time makes it easier, but there's still a hole in your heart.
--

Prodigalsun

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:06 pm

Well I took about a year or more off as well, so actually I'm just returning..
Been back on the boards for a little over a month now, thereabouts.
I'm really inspired to hear how you have changed your eating and your exercise. Especially the exercise bit. That is phenomenal!
Have a good week and keep us posted :)
Bless
8) Debs

Prodigalsun

Post by Prodigalsun » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:04 pm

Ok, weighed myself today, I'm down another couple of pounds, 26 total lost.
--

Prodigalsun

Prodigalsun

Still flabby after all these years.

Post by Prodigalsun » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:21 pm

One week down, all greens. Started Shovelglove as well, 3 days a week for now.

Weekly weight lost: 3 pounds.
--

Prodigalsun

MJ7910

Post by MJ7910 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:38 pm

did you start back after being away for a while?
Current BMI: 22.9. Height: 5'4.5"
Highest BMI: 25.5 in August 2011.
Lowest adult BMI: 20.8 in February 2012.

Prodigalsun

Post by Prodigalsun » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:12 pm

MJ7910 wrote:did you start back after being away for a while?
Yes, it's been years, and I was at the end of my rope and had to do something. My relationship with food is all out of wack. This time I am focusing on the habit, not the weight loss.
--

Prodigalsun

Prodigalsun

Week 2

Post by Prodigalsun » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:17 pm

Week 2, only worked out 1 day, but had 4 green food days, and my only red day was because I was ravenous on Thursday and had a bunch of grapes before dinner. Was better than the pantry raid I was considering.

Next week, 4 days of business travel, I am a little nervous about it.
--

Prodigalsun

Prodigalsun

Post by Prodigalsun » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:01 pm

Ok, week 3 is in the books and I did pretty well for being on a business trip. I had 2 red days, one because I added a bagel to my breakfast on Tuesday, and on thursday I had a frozen custard (a treat I hadn't had since college so made a deliberate decision to break form and enjoy one).

Working out was all red however, being on the east coast threw of my internal clock and I couldn't get motivated to do it.

So mixed success.
--

Prodigalsun

Prodigalsun

Post by Prodigalsun » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:56 pm

Week 4, 0ne red on the eating front, had seconds at an all you can eat buffet that was horrible. Surprised I didn't get food poisoning. Not worth the red day. Craving for sweets drastically reduced, was offered donuts of the Friday and was not even tempted.

Worked out all the days, so definite win there.

Now, after 4 weeks I will start focusing on nutrition.
--

Prodigalsun

Prodigalsun

Post by Prodigalsun » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:56 am

Week 5 : one red day, although it was a quasi S day, as it was dinner with a friend I have not seen in 6 months, appetizers and dessert. I felt so much in control. Took mostly homemade lunch this week. Worked out 3 days.

I haven't felt this normal with food in a long time. Success!
--

Prodigalsun

Prodigalsun

Post by Prodigalsun » Tue May 07, 2013 7:06 pm

Week 6 in the books. I dont' feel great about week 6, I had 2 reds, Friday was an all day meeting, and I completely blew it with the catered food, had 1 1/2 plates of breakfast, 1 1/2 plates of lunch, and 3 large oatmeal rasin cookies. I was also a little sloppy on the virtual plating during he week. Working out was goodish, worked out 5 days, but was not motivated to do any strength training, so it was all cardio.

People were asking me last week if I was losing weight. Since I haven't weighted myself since the first week, I don't rightly know. Clothes are feeling a little looser, and I do feel better.

This week, 1 1/2 days in, I am all green on the eating. Working out yesterday yes, today not so much, had a horrible nights sleep and made it into work late. My goal for the week, being more strict on my plating, and making everything green.

As you no doubt can see, I've tried No S several times in the past (and that doesn't count what I . My motivations before have been around loosing weight. Now, I do need to loose weight, but this time around, it's been more about gaining control over my eating. I felt so hopeless, out of control, and fatalistic. So, this time, I'm not even weighing myself. If I am overweight, but control when I eat and how much, I'll be OK. Now, of course I want to be thin, and I see this as an avenue to it, but for me now it's just a byproduct of being in control, not the end goal.
--

Prodigalsun

thepowerofcheese

Post by thepowerofcheese » Tue May 07, 2013 10:54 pm

I can really relate to your out of control/fatalistic feelings about food. It's why I also came back to No S after several failures, because I know it's the best way for me to eat, at least mentally. I'm impressed you haven't weighed yourself after six weeks! I usually weigh myself daily, but I think I'm going to stick to just once per week this time around.

Prodigalsun

Post by Prodigalsun » Wed May 08, 2013 4:38 pm

I think daily weigh ins would be bad for me. one uptick and I'd be all "Mac and Cheese binge, GO!" so kudos to you for being able to do that and stick to plan.

That said, I was in the locker room today at the gym, and the scale was just sitting there so I got on it. I'm down 10 pounds in the last 6 weeks.

I have been sleeping like crap lately (waking up from 2-3 am and being up for several hours), so I cut out cafein, starting yesterday. Today, muy sluggish. I had been drinking 2 cups of cofee, and then 2 20oz diet sodas every day (one with lunch and one for an afternoon pick me up), so I'm sure I'll be experiencing some level of withdrawl.
--

Prodigalsun

Prodigalsun

Back...Again...

Post by Prodigalsun » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:36 am

Damn...It's been 12 years since I first tried No S...Now...I'm 50. I've tried all kinds of fads in between. I am now larger than I have ever been.

Day 1:

Breakfast: Egg, cheese and veggie burrito
Lunch: Cheese Burger, and fries (didn't finish the fries, still covered 1/3 of the plate), 2 diet cokes
Dinner: Omelet, sausage and asparagus

No exercise today. Will plan on getting back to that in a couple of days.
--

Prodigalsun

Prodigalsun

Day 2

Post by Prodigalsun » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:50 am

Breakfast: Egg, Cheese, sausage and veggie burrito
Lunch: Sparkling Water, chips, roast beef sandwhich
Dinner: salad, brisket, pesto pasta.

No Exercise

Weight: 274.5
--

Prodigalsun

Prodigalsun

Day 3

Post by Prodigalsun » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:06 pm

Breakfast: 2 sausage egg and cheese breakfast sandwiches
Lunch: Cheese Steak Sandwich, Coke Zero
Dinner: Salad, Spagetti and meatballs

Fail: Krispy Kreme Donut

Weight: 273
--

Prodigalsun

RAWCOOKIE

Post by RAWCOOKIE » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:12 pm

Why are you counting Saturday's donut as a fail? Are you trying to do without S days? Bad idea........ ask Reinhard! Or is your Saturday post referring to Friday's meals perhaps?
I love Everyday Systems :3

13.6.15 124.25lbs
11.11.21 101.00lbs

Prodigalsun

Post by Prodigalsun » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:40 am

Sorry, I posted on Saturday, but it was for Friday's day. Sorry for the confusion.
--

Prodigalsun

Prodigalsun

First S day's in the books

Post by Prodigalsun » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:17 pm

Had a good set of S-Days. Did not go overboard. Had Ice Cream for desert both days, had a trip to McDonalds for Lunch and had the Grand Mac Meal, and ate a quarter of a cinnamon role.

Started working out again on Sunday. Did a P90x workout in the morning, and then went on an hour long hike through Seattle's Discovery Park. Felt awesome to be active again for the first time in a solid month. I am sure I will be feeling it later today and tomorrow. :D
--

Prodigalsun

Prodigalsun

Monday Tuesday Checkin

Post by Prodigalsun » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:40 am

OK, started the week off well.

Both Monday and Tuesday stuck to the program perfectly. Challenges I faced successfully:

Valentine's Day Candy - put it aside for a rainy S-day.
Didn't eat until late Tuesday (8 PM), so had 8 hours between lunch and dinner. Got hungry but made it through. Yeah!

Have worked out every day this week, P90X3.

Weigh: 273.3
--

Prodigalsun

Prodigalsun

Week 2

Post by Prodigalsun » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:07 pm

Yesterday was not a bad day. worked out (p90X3)

breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs, apple, raw almonds
Lunch: grilled ham and cheese and fries
Dinner: rotisserie chicken, salad, pad thai.

FAIL: after dinner, had two bites of what my daughter didn't finish on her plate, and then ate 6 satsumas. Need to stay out of the kitchen after dinner!

WeightL 272.3
--

Prodigalsun

RAWCOOKIE

Re: Week 2

Post by RAWCOOKIE » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:44 pm

Prodigalsun wrote: FAIL: after dinner, had two bites of what my daughter didn't finish on her plate, and then ate 6 satsumas. Need to stay out of the kitchen after dinner!
:lol:
I don't know why, but that made me laugh! Probably because I know that after-dinner thing so well - I could really 'see' you doing that.......... and eating off someone else's plate is definitely 'fail' behaviour.............then the SIX SATSUMAS

I often find I still 'need' something sweet after a meal. I quite often have a couple of dates, or a piece of fruit as a dessert. I've decided not to count those as failures, they feel like sensible components of my 'complete' meal. Sometimes a coffee will 'end' the meal. Sometimes it has to be something sweet. Sometimes I don't need anything.

13.6.15 124.25lbs
11.11.21 101.00lbs

Prodigalsun

Post by Prodigalsun » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:39 am

Thanks, RC. My thought was after eating the satsumas was: " Seriously that just happened?"
--

Prodigalsun

Prodigalsun

Week 2, day 4

Post by Prodigalsun » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:44 am

Exercise: p90x3

Breakfast : 2 hardboiled eggs, Apple, almonds
Lunch: teriyaki chicken, white rice
Dinner: pork spare ribs, grilled veggies and corn bread

Dinner tonight was at my favorite barbecue restaurant. Personal victory was that I only ate half of a meal that I typically would eat all of. I just wasn't hungry for more than three of the spare ribs the veggies and half the cornbread. I've never left this restaurant before with a take-home container. This is also the first time I've left this restaurant not feeling bloated in slow and sluggish.
--

Prodigalsun

RAWCOOKIE

Post by RAWCOOKIE » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:39 pm

8) Major victory - well done!

13.6.15 124.25lbs
11.11.21 101.00lbs

Prodigalsun

Week 2 N Days in the books

Post by Prodigalsun » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:16 pm

Thanks, RC! Good to have a cheering section!

OK, Friday finished up very well.

Worked out 6 days this week (Sunday through Friday) and will be taking today off. I am sore!

Breakfast: 2 hardboiled eggs, 2 satsumas, 1 apple, raw almonds
Lunch: Cheese Steak Sandwich, Diet Pepsi
Dinner: Leftovers from previous night

Weight: 270.2

Overall, a very successful week, the Great Satsuma Pig Out notwithstanding. :D
--

Prodigalsun

RAWCOOKIE

Post by RAWCOOKIE » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:12 pm

You're welcome! Great week!

I am just at the pondering stage of starting strength-training - shovel-glove just doesn't appeal to me..... I did try it, but didn't sustain it.

13.6.15 124.25lbs
11.11.21 101.00lbs

Prodigalsun

Post by Prodigalsun » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:47 pm

Shovelglove can be an acquired taste. I have done it before. The key is, making sure you are using the right size sledge hammer. If it's too big, it can be quite unpleasant. I have a 10 pounder that I start out with (If I haven't done it in a long time), and then after a month or so I move up to a 16 pounder. My daughter was interested in it for a while, and I got her a 6 pounder (which is the smallest I've seen).

P90X3 is a half hour workout, that emphasizes body weight, and small hand weights as well as resistance bands, and is quite intense (but you can modify the moves if you are not ready for them yet). Bonus is, it's only 30 minutes.
--

Prodigalsun

Prodigalsun

Post by Prodigalsun » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:34 am

OK, into week 3.

Demoralized. Weighed myself this morning after the S days. The five poinds I lost were all back. And it's not like I lost my mind and ate a mountain of food this weekend.

Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs, apple, almonds
Lunch: Turkey and cheese sandwich, apple slices, chips
Dinner: Caesar salad, 3 pieces of pizza, bowl of fruit

FAIL: Ate one more piece of pizza than I should have.

Worked out P90X3.

:(
--

Prodigalsun

Prodigalsun

Post by Prodigalsun » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:08 am

Despite my frustration yesterday, I am keeping on.

Breakfast: 2 hardboiled eggs, apple, almonds
Lunch: grilled ham and cheese, fries
Dinner: Caesar Salad, chicken breast, Naan bread.

Exercise: P90X3 Agility X

Started using supplements, daily multivitamin, glucosamine/chondroitin, 10,000 units of Vitamin D3.
--

Prodigalsun

Prodigalsun

Post by Prodigalsun » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:27 am

OK, had a solid week. Thursday and Friday were spot on. I worked out all week.

Wednessday was a shit show, however. Not quite a Yakov Smirnoff opening for the Spin Doctors at the Iowa State Fair kind of shit show, but a shit show none the less. The problem was, I was in an all day meeting, surrounded by all day food. And the main course was a salad, which I failed to get enough protein from. Couple that with an intense morning workout, and I hit 1:00 completely ravenous. I ate 6 sticks of slim peperoni, and ate 4 dinner rolls at the meeting.

My exercise was great, had dinner at the barbecue place with my daughter and her boyfriend tonight, and took home half my meal.

S Days, I will try and be more mindful, and perhaps allow just a treat or two.
--

Prodigalsun

Prodigalsun

Post by Prodigalsun » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:05 pm

Let the S Days begin!

Weighed in this morning, 269.2. So, undid the damage of last week's s-days, this weekend I resolve to be more moderate than last weekend, without denying myself.
--

Prodigalsun

Prodigalsun

Post by Prodigalsun » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:29 pm

OK, back to the N-Days. went a little crazy last night. After dinner (which was one plate), I had a candy bar and popcorn while watching the Oscars. It felt excessive even when I was doing it. Other than that, had donuts at the movies on Saturday with my daughters (2, both daughters and donuts consumed). I did have seconds on Saturday, but both turned out to be about a single plate, so I guess I can chalk that up to virtual plating.

Worked out both Sunday and Today, and am definitely feeling stronger starting my third week of consistent, vigorous exercise.
--

Prodigalsun

RAWCOOKIE

Post by RAWCOOKIE » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:03 pm

Prodigalsun wrote:...had donuts at the movies on Saturday with my daughters (2, both daughters and donuts consumed).
you ate your daughters?!?!?!?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

13.6.15 124.25lbs
11.11.21 101.00lbs

RAWCOOKIE

Post by RAWCOOKIE » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:35 pm

Sorry, I was trying to be funny - perhaps I wasn't? I really hope I didn't offend you.

How are you doing?

13.6.15 124.25lbs
11.11.21 101.00lbs