Ruth's "Fail Better" No S Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Rollex

Ruth's "Fail Better" No S Check In

Post by Rollex » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:20 pm

Firstly Reinhard THANK YOU so much for taking the trouble to do what you've done. The description of the regime made total sense and also made me laugh. I use the word regime, because it's the French for "diet" - but not in the sense of "a useless short term prescription" but in the sense of "a lifelong habit". That's the more useful meaning of the word, right?

Anyway, day one.

Here goes!

Ruth/Rollex (embarrassing family nickname)

Jen1974

Post by Jen1974 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:43 pm

Welcome to the best non diet ever (:

I LOVE your "Fail Better" title. That is exactly what my focus has been lately. Failing better!! Not failing isn't realistic, but failing better. That is a perfect goal (:

Rollex

Post by Rollex » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:07 pm

Jen1974 wrote:Welcome to the best non diet ever (:

I LOVE your "Fail Better" title. That is exactly what my focus has been lately. Failing better!! Not failing isn't realistic, but failing better. That is a perfect goal (:

How I WISH it were original - no it's a quote from my fellow Irish person Sam Beckett who wrote "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."

Elizabeth50

Post by Elizabeth50 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:14 pm

Hi Ruth! Welcome to No S! I love your "Fail better" quote, too. A great way of thinking!
No S Restart 05/22/19

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:04 pm

Yes, a perfect, amusing No S name. Nearly two weeks in. Hope you're still amused. :wink:
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)