Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Larkspur's check-in

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Larkspur

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:25 am    Post subject: Larkspur's check-in Reply with quote

Really grooving on No-S. I'm about ten days in, and I feel like my body is learning not to expect food between meals. I still need a coffee with milk and sugar at 4, as I can't seem to quite make it from 1 pm lunch to 7 pm dinner. Otherwise I feel really good and my system seems to appreciate the regular meals. My food is nicer overall, and when I go into a store, I'm not as attracted by junk food on display because I go in well-nourished. Weight wise I have only lost a pound or two. I'm hopeful as I get more confident I'll be able to start trimming dinners a bit.

So today was a fruit smoothie and oatmeal with brown sugar for breakfast; a ham and swiss on rye and rainbow salad with nuts and raisins at lunch; coffee with milk and two spoons of cocoa mix at 4; chicken with spinach, mashed potatoes, bread at dinner. It's still kind of high in sugar, but I'm okay with it for now.

So far so good!
ZippaDee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job! And, Welcome!

Just RELAX and DO IT!
Larkspur

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everybody--

The good news is, I'm green for the week except yesterday-- a thought-out (I like to think) decision yesterday to have a goodie that I associate with childhood. Just had a few bites.

The bad news is, I haven't lost any weight. Well, yesterday I was down three pounds, but I'm back up today. This is not my first rodeo and I know not to get too worked up about the scale, but of course I would like to drop weight like a rock, right? I mean, who wouldn't? I have a weight averager app which is soothing-- downs are up are just points on a trend line. I know some people do better not weighing, but I am quite sure I am not one of those people-- the fit of my clothes is just not a reliable guide.

To be fair, I haven't been too strict about "no seconds" since I have been trying to convince myself I won't starve between meals. And I am interpreting "no sweets" as "except for a couple of spoons of hot chocolate mix in my afternoon coffee, sugar on my oatmeal or syrup on my Kodiak pancake." So, hm, maybe not so surprising dramatic downward action is not happening on the scale.

That said, I really like this way of eating. Going without snacks has gotten much easier. Some of my meals have been a little lighter since I've been able to trust I am not going to be chewing the stuffing out of my pillow from inanition. It's so nice not to think about food between meals, to be more resistant to junk and less jerked around by what I assume are random insulin surges. It's better for family life since it's more conducive to eating together which we always try to do-- it's harder when you had a giant snack at 4 and you're not hungry for dinner at 7.

This week I will be more careful about no seconds. Let's see what that does. Rolling Eyes
Larkspur

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a fancy lunchbox from Wegman's for only $5! So, yay!

I think I'm doing all right habit wise. Sometimes I have to have a coffee with milk and cocoa mix at 4 to keep from chewing the furniture. And I am sad I have not lost any weight- maybe a pound? Maybe? But the other benefits feel worth it to me, and I can't help but think I might be gaining weight otherwise.

Working on no seconds this week.

b/ cherry whey shake, bagel with swiss
l/ham and swiss sandwich, rainbow salad with raisins and vinaigrette, tortilla chips
4/ hot chocolate
7/ gnocchi, cheese bread, 3 figs

Cheers, all!
Larkspur

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither of us set the alarm and we had to condense our already streamlined morning routine into 25 minutes. Whee ha! It was exciting! So breakfast was:

7/ ezekiel 4:9 ("grapenuts with divine mandate" copyright Reinhard), half an english muffin with butter and jam

1/ gnocchi, apple chips, trail mix, hot chocolate and 2 mini chocolate bars-- can you tell I was annoyed by a delayed lunch/work woes?

5/ hard cider *yum*

7/ chicken breast, roasted potatoes and carrots, dark chocolate

Today is red, but not too far off the rails. I am thinking of adding a mod next week for some dark chocolate after dinner.
Larkspur

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 3 and have not lost any weight, alack. Enjoying meals more and liking how much easier it is to plan things, so that's all to the good.

Rolled over instead of getting up to exercise this morning. I did do my fifteen minutes of intensity yesterday, five minutes of hiking down a steep ravine with a creek at the bottom and ten gasping minutes hiking back up. At 50 I should probably be worried about my heart but I just don't LOL. I worry about everything else, but not that. I did do 4 sun salutations this morning, so that's something.

B/2 kodiak cakes with butter and syrup, cherry/soy milk shake
1130/ tortilla chips, re fried beans, cheese, bread with almond butter, cherries
530/ ch soy milk (too hungry), 1/2 T almond butter
630/ pork, beans, roast onion, dark chocolate

Fail, I guess?

Last edited by Larkspur on Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
VisitorX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Well done staying on track. I'm new at this too. I'm a little nervous about weigh in day Sat. I hope I've lost at least a pound.

Hopefully your weight loss will start soon. Maybe your body has to adjust.

Have a great, in control day!

Start date 3/17/17 Start weight 201
Elizabeth50

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lackspur, Welcome! I've been a returnee to No S for about the same amount of time you've been here! Wishing you well! I like the way you are exercising by hiking! I think you're doing great!

Final No S Restart on 2/27/17

02/22/17 - 225
03/06/17 - 223.8
Larkspur

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felt low yesterday. Physically pretty droopy by five-- I had to eat lunch at 11 for work schedule reasons, did okay after school not snacking. I take my daughter to ballet at 4:30 which takes an hour so I didn't get dinner on the table till 6:30. And I felt definitely droopy. I need some kind of mod for those 6-7 hour stretches till dinner. I think it would help me eat a little less at the meal.

Also struggling with some disappointment over not losing weight, which would be okay, except it's tying in with some body image stuff. I really dread Getting Into a Thing. I wonder if I need to just give up the hope of losing scale pounds until I'm out for summer break, when I can hike to tip the seesaw in the right direction. Just experiencing shades of my dad, who's been battling obesity despite regular jogging/walking and restricting for fifty years. He is legalistic about food and obsessed with his weight, poor guy, and not without reason. His thin brother is still playing tennis at 85. I've always felt I would prefer stable fat to Diet Head. I enjoy my meals much more, feel less conflicted/guilty about food, and I'm eating I think overall a better quality diet. So we'll go with that for now.

B/ egg and cheese on a muffin, chocolate soy banana shake with 1/2 T t whey powder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: