Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Allison's Springtime check-in

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Allisonmeg

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: Allison's Springtime check-in Reply with quote

March
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
05 Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green 11
Mr. Green Mr. Green Embarassed Embarassed Mr. Green 18
Embarassed Mr. Green Mr. Green 23 24 25
27 28 29 30 31 01

Count the positives!
{January: Mr. Green x18} { February: Mr. Green x15}

****DINNER AT LEAST 4 HOURS AFTER LUNCH*****

*****NUTS ARE A SNACK**** no matter how they are measured. Reserved for S days only.

~ ONLY cereals under 4 grams of sugar are acceptable on N days.~

***I would also like to continue working towards S days being an event and not an all S day gone wild***

~If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging~

-Will Rogers

Last edited by Allisonmeg on Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:11 pm; edited 19 times in total
Allisonmeg

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting a new chapter for March. I got a lot of things I was dreading out of the way and am excited to get back into a good No S groove.
I've eaten chaotically this entire past week and have once again seen how out of control I feel. I had the entire house painted (and no access to kitchen) so snack food was my go to. Plus we gave up our daily gyros for lent, which puts me where I need to plan lunch ahead of time. Also I had some kind of just not caring week after getting my physical (weigh in) out of the way for the year. Then celebration that I don't have skin cancer or breast cancer, and the final answer that I am full on in menopause.
. And finally got the fellows college weekend at Elon I've been anxious about taken care of. So time to start a fresh spring in a fresh, clean and finally happy-colored house! (Our house was LITERALLY dark brown including all the ceilings; ugh)

Last edited by Allisonmeg on Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Merry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allisonmeg wrote:
(Our house was LITERALLY dark brown including all the ceilings; ugh)

Oh my! Wow! So glad you were able to get it repainted, and I hope you have a lovely spring Smile

1 year and counting!

26 lbs. down, 37 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.

"Believe conquering sweets is doable." - Oolala
Allisonmeg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Merry, a happy spring to you as well!

Today I'm implementing a new rule that will be harder for me than it sounds:

No dinner until at least 4 hours have passed since lunch.

6:00- Buds (1c)
11:00- Cobb salad w/ roll at Saladworks
3:30- small bowl of chili, 4 totino rolls

Made it through my husband eating tortilla chips in car, and was hungry for lunch. Another victory with making an ice cream cone without delving in.
Now to get motivated for my workout, which I'm not!

Update: Success! Got the workout in too. Amazing how taking a week off seems like starting everything over. Anyway I have realized that my salad today had well over 1000 calories. No more Cobbs from Saladworks, the bacon alone was almost a cup.

Last edited by Allisonmeg on Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Allisonmeg

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be a hard morning; up since 330 and ate breakfast around 5. Not a preschool morning either so a lot of time to wait for lunch. Couldn't sleep and just looked at cross stitch patterns. If anyone out there cross stitches I would love to know...I think I'm the only one!

5am- Grapenuts
10:30- tuna salad, ritz, chili
4:00- 2 small pieces of pizza

So this looks all pretty green on paper, but it was such a red day in my mind. I was food obsessed the whole day.

Last edited by Allisonmeg on Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Allisonmeg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B- Fiber One
L- Mc Bacon ranch salad, orejitos
D- Harvest Grain cereal, pumpkin seeds

Chicken coop around the law today Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Allisonmeg on Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Allisonmeg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving this whole big snippet to Allisonmeg's 2017 check-in

Last edited by Allisonmeg on Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:46 pm; edited 6 times in total
Merry

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would have been fine to post on my thread, and I'm glad it was encouraging to know you're not alone! This whole week has been tough for a number of reasons, so...I get it. I'm sorry so much revolves around food in negative ways in your home--sounds exhausting to have a husband watch so closely and to feel like you have to make separate meals for the kids. Oy! I have one very picky eater (I was a picky eater as a child, but grew out of a lot of it--a lot of texture aversions etc..., but my picky eater isn't growing out of it!). I don't make separate meals, but I do find myself not wanting to make meals I know that one will hate (and then my dh has food sensitivities which is also limiting...sometimes it's hard to know what to cook here!)

Are any of your kids old enough to get themselves a peanut-butter sandwich? I had a friend when I was growing up who had several siblings, and they allowed any child who didn't want the meal to make a pb sandwich. Maybe not a perfect solution--but better than you making so many different meals and wearing yourself out. Anyway, praying for you tonight, for you to find some peace with food and to take baby steps towards your goals.

I'd encourage you to write exactly what you eat. I think this is a pretty safe place to do that. I've never seen anyone come down on someone for what they ate--people aren't watching that (if anything, we're all too busy worrying about what we're eating ourselves, LOL!) Although sometimes I read food lists and think, ooh, that sounds good, LOL! Anyway...think how freeing it would be to know you could just write what you ate and know we're here to support you and not make judgments. That could be an important step towards healing for you. (((Hugs)))

1 year and counting!

Allisonmeg

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so so much Merry.

B- Bagel w/ cream chesse
L- Cheeseburger
D- Creamed spinach, chicken w. buffalo
Allisonmeg

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S day.

B- Fiber One
L- Orejitas, 4 pizza bagel bites, bite chix noodle soup
S- 5 peanut m&ms, about 4 pretzels
D- hodgepodge

Not much appetite today. Hubby and I will be spatting but he'll wait it out since it was totally something I did. Church is going to be painful.

Last edited by Allisonmeg on Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Allisonmeg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B- Grape Nuts
L- Slice Sam's pizza
D- Crab salad

This is one of those weeks I feel bipolar or something NOT good. Anyway I was awesome only having one piece of pizza at Sam's and gave the second slice to dh. Also did not have any licks of ice cream cone I made for ds. The crab salad was more of a taste testing meal (because dh wanted me to make some that tasted like from the deli). So it was gross and there's a ton of it now. I put a Splenda packet in it to give it sweetness, ugh nasssssty!
Also joy, is the 7th anniversary of what used to be the most horrible day of my life but now is lagging after last year's events.
I will be back when I'm feeling more positive, but feel pretty confident it will be a good S day AND a good workout day.
Allisonmeg

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B- Harvest Grains
L- Mcdonalds salad
D- Bagel thin w/ cream cheese

I looked up my ideal weight on a bunch of different scales. They all come up to about 135. I got on scale today and am up to 152. This menopause is really slowing my metabolism. Most models say just to maintain I should be eating about 300 to 400 less than what I am eating, numbers that used to be what I ate TO diet! My first area needing improvement is accepting that I have to eat less calories just to STOP gaining.

Today went great, nice strong green. I reordered my diet journal and I felt at peace, lol! I didn't realize I had bought and used every page of 6 other (yearly) ones until I saw past orders. Anyway I'm just going to try to keep meals under 500.
Allisonmeg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Randomly ate an Entenmann's plain donut when putting groceries away and finished an ice cream cone. Must mark and move on and not continue this nonsense!

B- Oatmeal
L- Taco salad, 2/3 of shell (meant to eat a little piece)
S- donut, ice cream, 3 jalapeno poppers (No bacon)

I did pretty well for the rest of the day. The problem that led to the donut was when I figured out how many calories were actually in the taco salad...I'm talking well over a thousand!! So as always, I did a WTH with the sweets right after. But success in that I did not continue that attitude the rest of the day, so that part was a victory!

Last edited by Allisonmeg on Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Elizabeth50

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Allison's Springtime check-in Reply with quote

Allisonmeg wrote:
****DINNER AT LEAST 4 HOURS AFTER LUNCH*****

Allisonmeg, You're doing great with your eating, I think! I'm trying to get brave enough to post my foods. Maybe I'll get the courage up soon.

Your plan and mine are the same; waiting 4 hours between meals. I try to wait longer, but that's my minimum waiting limit. I try waiting until I'm truly hungry, but some mornings I wake up in the wee hours and have to have a pretty early breakfast. If it turns out I have an early supper, I am allowing a snack before bedtime if I feel the need.

You mentioned in one of your posts that you were curious if there are any cross-stitchers here. I have cross-stitched for years. I am working on one for my daughter right now, a silhouette of palm trees. What project are you working on? Or are you still searching patterns?

Final No S Restart on 2/27/17

02/22/17 - 225
03/06/17 - 223.8
Allisonmeg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So nice to hear from you Elizabeth! Yay another cross stitcher! I am currently finishing up a Mirabilia of Snow Angel (girl, may not do the matching boy). What exactly is your pattern? I would love to look it up! I think next in line will be SamSarah's Daily Life series.

I hear you with writing it down, it's a struggle for me every day to keep doing it! I would have to say I'm much more accountable than I was when I wasn't writing it down.

B- Oatmeal (prepackaged bowl)
L- chix cup o soup, 2 huge croissants
D- Chix fried rice, small salad

I'm finding doing my oatmeal in these little bowls is getting me used to eating less in the morning.
Well after saying that, I was really struggling at 10:30am and had a cup of broth.
I know the croissants were a totally unhealthy choice but we've been buying them from Sam's club for 2 months and I finally gave in...and yes they were worth it!

Boo ugh, a little mess up. Boys wanted ice cream cones and I definitely had a few licks too many. So dh said we're going out tonight, which is dreaded because we haven't been speaking all week. So this means we're clearing the air, which most likely means DENSE FOG. Shocked

Last edited by Allisonmeg on Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Elizabeth50

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning! I'm glad to hear that sharing your food publicly is helping hold you more accountable. That's my main reason for starting to share, as well.

I looked up the snow angel patterns. How adorable those are! Are you making that one for yourself or as a gift? I've always given my finished cross-stitch to others. Most have been the Paula Vaughan patterns. I love her stuff! I have one somewhere that I never did get framed. After my mom passed away I took back a couple that I did for her years ago, one a Paula Vaughan pattern.

I wish there were a way to share pics here! The pattern I'm doing now is called Palm Beach Sundown by Andrew Farley. This pattern printed out in 15 pages, and I have approximately 1-1/2 pages left. This is, by far, the most difficult pattern I've done and although I enjoy cross-stitching, I doubt I'll take on such a large project in the future. But, one thing I do enjoy about this one is that there is no back-stitching. Smile

I look forward to hearing about your future projects. I hope you do decide to do the boy snow angel, too. You've gotta have the set! lol

02/22/17 - 225
03/06/17 - 223.8
Allisonmeg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://goo.gl/photos/vGkf8cH9KgBFQD3H9

I have no idea if this link will work but here are some I've done if it does work. I looked yours up and WOW that's a big one; just lovely! I got about 9 pages into a huge one and gave up, so your work is admirable. Ok you talked me into it...I'll do the boy next. I already have the snowy hand-died fabric ready to go!
Elizabeth50

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my goodness! Absolutely beautiful! I'm am so impressed! Just gorgeous, and I love the matting and frames you chose!

I'm so glad you're going to do the boy, too! You'll have to share photos when you're done with both of those! Smile

02/22/17 - 225
03/06/17 - 223.8
Allisonmeg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you...I'm so glad it worked!!
Elizabeth50

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too! Please continue to share your projects. Smile

02/22/17 - 225
03/06/17 - 223.8
Allisonmeg

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B- No breakfast (broke the glass ceiling last night)
L- 2 slices cheese pizza, salad from Amalfi's
D- 1 cheese stick, small bowl of edamame
Merry

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, really beautiful work!

1 year and counting!

Allisonmeg

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw thanks Merry!

I actually started off with eggs this morning! Made them for hubby's bday and they tasted so good I made myself some. Haven't done that since way back in the Atkins days. I am planning on, for this S day, to treat it like any other N day with the exception of one piece of hubby's cake. I think I might finally be on the verge, after 5 months, of having a ladylike S day!

B- Eggs w' cheese, 1 sausage
S- Carrot cake
L- Lean cuisine w/ sour cream( 3 Southwestern egg rolls) bite of croissant
D- 6 sushi California rolls, bite of deli turkey, bite of carrot cake

Yay to today, it was rather ladylike! I think I've had my first modest S day!!!

Last edited by Allisonmeg on Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Elizabeth50

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A ladylike S day. I love the way you put that! lol

Isn't it nice to eat eggs simply because you want to, and not because you have to?

Happy Birthday to your hubby!

02/22/17 - 225
03/06/17 - 223.8
Allisonmeg

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Elizabeth, S days are usually "wild-grazing-beast" days! And yes I hated eating eggs when I was forced to Laughing

B- Small oatmeal, 2 pancakes/butter
L- 3 Lean Cuisine spring rolls w/ guac, 1 S/F cookie
S- 13 Ritz
D- Macaroni salad, ice cream cone

Cheers to my first successful feeling S weekend! Had treats but didn't go nuts. I am having a good feeling about this week. The last few have been off, but I think a few issues are resolved.
Merry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allisonmeg wrote:

Yay to today, it was rather ladylike! I think I've had my first modest S day!!!

Awesome! and love your description of it being ladylike!!

1 year and counting!

Merry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allisonmeg wrote:

Cheers to my first successful feeling S weekend! Had treats but didn't go nuts. I am having a good feeling about this week. The last few have been off, but I think a few issues are resolved.

YAY!

1 year and counting!

Allisonmeg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed
Had a little ice cream mishap at lunch. Melting yumminess (hour sit in the trunk) called Monster Cookie that I was fixing for the little one. A couple of licks lead to me making my own cone. Will NOT let the day go though!

B- Oatmeal
L- Greek salad, half roll, ice cream cone
D- Small piece of pizza

Last edited by Allisonmeg on Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Elizabeth50

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you, Allison! As TexArk mentioned this morning, that's why some here use the term "Mark it and move on!" I'm going to remember that one, myself. Have a great rest of your day! If you get tempted, pull out your beautiful cross-stitch and start stitching.

02/22/17 - 225
03/06/17 - 223.8
Allisonmeg

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the encouragement Elizabeth...I did take your advice and stitch more than usual!!! Kept my hands away from other tempting things!

B- Buds (1c)
L- Croissant, chicken ranch salad w/ added feta &olives
D- Small portion dh homemade spinach pie

Disgustingly full after lunch. Oh wow, I had three ice cream cones I had to make for the boys in the evening--I actually broke out in a sweat not eating any!!! And then one left that last bite that is my very favorite and I THREW IT AWAY! huge Laughing

Last edited by Allisonmeg on Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
noni

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a beautiful craft you have! Such talent! I wish I could do something to keep my hands busy. Are you able to do that while you watch TV?
Allisonmeg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you noni, it's really not hard at all and I either watch TV or listen to an audiobook. It's a habit that I start every night at the same time and keeps me out of the kitchen Wink

B- All bran buds
L- Elizabeth's slice cheese pizza, salad w blue cheese, 1 bread w oil
D- 2 pieces of Harvest grain bread w/ butter

I've been keeping track of calories the last 9 days and find that my lunches are usually verging on 800-1000. This is really good to find out and start working on getting them down a bit.
Elizabeth50

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're doing great, Allisonmeg!

I haven't picked up my cross-stitch in a few days, but when I do, I enjoy watching something online or on TV, as well. It's a great way to keep the hands busy. I'm looking so forward to seeing your girl snow angel finished. Smile

02/22/17 - 225
03/06/17 - 223.8
Allisonmeg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you E, I'm getting close to finishing her, then have to bead the snow!

B- sausage, egg, cheese biscuit (huge)
L- Protein shake
D- Lean cuisine

Again lots of soft ice cream that I said NO to. It's all of a sudden a major kid staple. Today's challenge was Breyer's Strawberry Shortcake that my sick husband had me make a bowl of. Also melting out of the car, but all these NOs are making it easier each subsequent time.
Elizabeth50

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost done! It's gonna be beautiful!

WTG on staying strong! Smile

02/22/17 - 225
03/06/17 - 223.8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: