Audrey's Daily Check-in Start date 3/18/17

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

VisitorX

Audrey's Daily Check-in Start date 3/18/17

Post by VisitorX » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:48 pm

Hi! This is my initial post.

A little about myself: I'm 58, female, 5'5"". 201 lbs. I'd like to lose 55 pounds.

Starting wgt 201. I cringe at the thought! But I have been out of control for some years now. I blame it on stress at work but I really have no excuse except lack of control and development of very bad sweets habits. My regular food intake is not too bad.

After re-reading the NO S diet rules, I've decided to splurge for the S days. This will be hard because I'm an all-or-nothing kind of gal but, I'll try it. If I can just cut out all sweets M-F it's a huge victory.

So, that said, here I go...

Breakfast: egg, 1 p. whole wheat toast with margarine, black coffee. 2 slices of veggie bacon.

Lunch: 1 serving whole wheat veggie pizza, banana, sugar free hot cocoa, grapes.

Dinner: 1 serving Wheat Thins, 1 serving+ kale & spinach dip, 1 serving choc flavored yogurt. Apple.

Workout: 45 minutes on stationary bike.
Last edited by VisitorX on Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Audrey

Start date 3/17/17 Start weight 201

noni

Post by noni » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:16 pm

Welcome to No S, Audrey! It's a good idea to start the Daily Check In right from the go. You will find a lot of helpful and encouraging people here.

The best to you in your No S journey!
"Never go back for seconds. Get it all the first time." - Garfield

VisitorX

Post by VisitorX » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:30 pm

noni wrote:Welcome to No S, Audrey! It's a good idea to start the Daily Check In right from the go. You will find a lot of helpful and encouraging people here.

The best to you in your No S journey!
Thanks so much for the welcome. I look forward to getting to know everyone. :D
Audrey

VisitorX

Sunday 3/19/17

Post by VisitorX » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:40 pm

It's a cool but lovely morning. Looking forward to a 5-mile walk.

B-skipped (had a wonderful lie in) until 10 so we decided on an early lunch.
L- 4 oz salmon, 1 serving garlic fries, 1 p. wheat bread with margarine, 1 serving field peas, 1 serving choc flavored yogurt.
D- 1 serving wheat thins, 1+ serving kale & spinach spread, 1 serving cashews, yogurt and a banana.

Update: I gave into the call of the S day and had 2 cinnamon toasts and some milk.

Wgt: 1 pound down! 200 lbs.
Audrey

RAWCOOKIE

Post by RAWCOOKIE » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:41 pm

Nice S days to start you off! Staying off sweets M-F has a huge impact - you can lessen the pain by making sure you eat enough for your three meals (and try not to count or restrict you calories - being satisfied with your meals whilst you are establishing the No S habit is worth going through the temporary chaos.)

:D
I love Everyday Systems :3

13.6.15 124.25lbs
11.11.21 101.00lbs

VisitorX

Post by VisitorX » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:21 pm

RAWCOOKIE wrote:Nice S days to start you off! Staying off sweets M-F has a huge impact - you can lessen the pain by making sure you eat enough for your three meals (and try not to count or restrict you calories - being satisfied with your meals whilst you are establishing the No S habit is worth going through the temporary chaos.)

:D
Thank you for the encouragement! I'm going strong. Today, was a good day. Looking forward to my S day, though. :wink:
Audrey

VisitorX

Post by VisitorX » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:22 pm

Did good today. No sweets or seconds or snacks!

It was pretty easy today. Hopefully, it will continue. :D

Update: I cracked a little and had two pieces of toast with margarine and sugar free orange marmalade. :(

A little munchie today, I guess but I still didn't have any sweets - technically. Hope to do better tomorrow.
Audrey

VisitorX

3.21 & 3.22

Post by VisitorX » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:41 pm

I probably won't post every day. That's a bit tedious. But I've done well since the Sunday "S" day. I'm about to finish up my yogurt that has sugar in it and switch to OIkos that has stevia.

I had a bit of a bad day Monday only in that I had some extra crackers and things I want to eat less of in future days.

I felt a bit grumpy today. That could have been because I had to go the dentist. :? So probably had less to do with giving up so much sugar. But the candy and cookies etc have not passed my lips at work and that's been my worst problem.

Go us!!
Audrey

Elizabeth50

Post by Elizabeth50 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:55 pm

Hi Audrey! Welcome to No S! Sounds like you're off to a good start! :D
No S Restart 05/22/19

VisitorX

Post by VisitorX » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:52 pm

Thank you all for the comments and welcome! :D

Today marks the last of the N days for this week. Overall, a successful week. I stumbled a bit on Monday and had a couple of seconds but no sweets.

I've dumped my high-sugar yogurt for the Oikos. I only had one sugar free hot chocolate and that was early in the week. I haven't felt a real urge for sweets.

Had some good news and felt like celebrating but never even gave in to the desire to splurge today with goodies. Go me!

I won't deny that I'm looking forward to my "S" day tomorrow. I hope to exercise "some" control.
Audrey