Quick question

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

EPMama

Quick question

Post by EPMama » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:26 am

Sorry if this is a dumb thing to ask, but would adding honey to plain Greek yogurt be considered a sweet? TIA.

osoniye

Post by osoniye » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:32 am

Probably not, if you just add a moderate amount. It's still not something that I would think of as a dessert item, and it probably has far less sugar than the commercial varieties.
-Sonya
No Sweets, No Snacks and No Seconds, Except (Sometimes) on days that start with "S".

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:48 pm

I wouldn't sweat it.

The rule is "No sweets", but that's "sweets as in dessert type stuff."

A small spoonful of honey is unlikely to break the bar on that. If you're having yogurt for breakfast or something, a little honey in it isn't enough to make a big difference.

You just don't want a doughnut for breakfast, ya know?
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

kaalii

Post by kaalii » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:00 pm

i like how reinhard puts it regarding if something is in S(weets) category - if you have to think about it too much it is probably ok... :)

if a teaspoon of honey is your problem, you dont have much of a problem... ;)
BMI: 18.8
Body Fat %: 17.6
in it for maintenance and, more importantly, sanity!!

EPMama

Post by EPMama » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:57 pm

osoniye wrote:Probably not, if you just add a moderate amount. It's still not something that I would think of as a dessert item, and it probably has far less sugar than the commercial varieties.
Good point, Osoniye. Thank you!

EPMama

Post by EPMama » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:58 pm

kaalii wrote:i like how reinhard puts it regarding if something is in S(weets) category - if you have to think about it too much it is probably ok... :)

if a teaspoon of honey is your problem, you dont have much of a problem... ;)
Thank you for the reminder, Kaalii!