The Would-Be Drum Majorette Move

Here you'll find a discussion thread for each of the canonical and major non-canonical shovelglove moves. If you have questions or comments about any of these moves, just update the existing discussion for it. If you have a new move, add a new discussion (preferably with the name of your new move in the title). Ideally there will be just one discussion thread per move that everyone adds to, but it's no tragedy if a little bit of redundancy creeps in.
stoogeswoman

The Would-Be Drum Majorette Move

Post by stoogeswoman » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:02 pm

OK, here's a move I came up with, because I was watching the classic movie musical "The Music Man" the other day:

I hoist my (admittedly very lightweight) shovelglove into the air, and march around the back yard, pretending it's a baton and I'm the beautiful blonde ponytailed drum majorette, leading the parade around town at the end of the movie!

As I march back and forth, I switch the baton from one hand to another (sometimes tossing it back and forth as in one of the Shovelglove moves you've already posted).

If it helps, you can download "76 Trombones" onto your MP3 player or phone and play it while you march (perhaps use headphones if you're marching early in the morning and have neighbors!).

It's the closest I'll ever get to becoming a real cheerleader, and yet it's strangely satisfying!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:20 pm

Sorry I somehow didn't see this till now.

Very evocative!

And I like the full body aspect of the marching.

Reinhard

atlashost

Post by atlashost » Tue May 22, 2018 8:18 am