Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Easter as S or not?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skycat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Easter as S or not? Reply with quote

I find myself wondering what people are doing regarding Easter and S days. It is a holiday, both in the country I'm from and where I live now, but it sort of feels fraudulent to count it as an S day. I love the idea of having 1 or 2 extra S days but honestly I'm not a Christian and I don't celebrate Easter. I do celebrate Christmas and would certainly give myself 3 S days there for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing day because it's culturally established as a holiday even apart from the religion. So where does that leave me with Easter?

Any thoughts?
NoelFigart

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhhh... SUNDAY is an S day by the strict vanilla interpretation of No-S. So yeah, Easter is totally an S day.

FWIW, I'm an atheist, but I count cultural holidays as S days.

Seriously? If your problem is weekends and cultural holidays, you might not have the problem you think you do.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Skycat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was already counting Sunday as an S day of course, I was thinking more about Good Friday and Easter Monday.
NoelFigart

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, I misunderstood.

We never celebrated those days when I was a kid. If I got off work for the holiday, I'd consider it an S. I don't, so... I don't.

If I were part of a tradition that was a big part of my traditional celebration, I would. For me, a lot of where I come from is "Did I grow up celebrating this, or do I get a day off for this?"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Larkspur

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My plan is to keep Friday and Monday as N days and happily S out on the weekend.

I have so liked that I can discuss favorite Easter treats without feeling uneasy and "undeserving." I don't eat that stuff every day. It's a treat and will be much enjoyed Smile
Merry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Monday after Easter has never been a "treat" day here (and I'm Christian--definitely celebrating the resurrection!). The main celebration is Sunday for us. Friday has always been more of a sober/reflective day, so not a big one for sweets for us. So for me, it's mainly some different treats on Sunday but otherwise a normal S-day Smile. Which reminds me that I still need to do something for the kids. They FINALLY decided they are old enough not to do an Easter Egg Hunt (they are 18 and 20 this year, LOL!), but I still want to do something special!

1 year and counting!

23.5 lbs. down, 39.5 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.

"Believe conquering sweets is doable." - Oolala
Skycat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies, I definitely needed to muse on this for a minute and posing the question helped me think it over.

I've decided to take Monday as an S day because I am off work on that day and so is my husband, so it does feel a bit special. Today however my husband has to work, and my routine isn't really affected so I'll use today as an N day.
Merry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skycat wrote:
Thanks for the replies, I definitely needed to muse on this for a minute and posing the question helped me think it over.

I've decided to take Monday as an S day because I am off work on that day and so is my husband, so it does feel a bit special. Today however my husband has to work, and my routine isn't really affected so I'll use today as an N day.

I hope you had a lovely day with your hubby--how nice you could share that together Smile

1 year and counting!

Skycat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Merry it was nice. We actually work in different countries and often the bank holidays don't match up so it's nice to get a long weekend when we can. We live close to the border so it's not as bad as it sounds Very Happy
Merry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skycat wrote:
Thanks, Merry it was nice. We actually work in different countries and often the bank holidays don't match up so it's nice to get a long weekend when we can. We live close to the border so it's not as bad as it sounds Very Happy

Wow! That's really interesting!

1 year and counting!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: