Lunch Ideas

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

carlaD

Lunch Ideas

Post by carlaD » Tue May 09, 2017 11:50 pm

What kind of things do take to work for lunch?
Starting at a size 12/14 (April 2017)
Goal is a size 6/8
Currently:

Skycat

Post by Skycat » Wed May 10, 2017 6:22 am

I'm very unimaginative, and always take a couple of bread rolls filled with ham and usually cucumber/tomato and a piece of fruit. I would blame it on the fact that there is no kitchen, or fridge or even break room that I have access to but I'm ashamed to say I'm no more creative when I'm at home for lunch and usually have exactly the same at home too.

I would also be interested in inspiration.
I CAN do this.

ironchef

Post by ironchef » Wed May 10, 2017 8:26 am

Every week or so I cook a batch of rice and beans with veggies and some spices / sauce and freeze in lunch sized portions. I do boil away rice, and while it's cooking I pan fry some chopped veg and rince some canned beans.
It's super cheap and easy, makes mornings very quick, and because there isn't meat in it I don't feel as squicky about freezing and then defrosting in my bag on the way to work.

Some examples:

Black beans with rice, mushrooms, onions, with chilli sauce and soy.

Cannellini beans with brown rice, kalamata olives, carrot and celery, chopped semi sundried tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and olive oil.

If I'm feeling hungry, or got a long day, I take a small can of tuna to mix with it at lunchtime.

osoniye

Post by osoniye » Wed May 10, 2017 11:46 am

If I don't want to get sleepy in the afternoon, a nice large salad with a chopped avocado or nut cheese and fresh ground pepper instead of dressing.
-Sonya
No Sweets, No Snacks and No Seconds, Except (Sometimes) on days that start with "S".

Buttercup

Post by Buttercup » Wed May 10, 2017 1:59 pm

In the summer I have a big protein rich salad - chicken, rice and beans/lentils, salmon, egg and ham, and lots of veggies, seeds, a bit of mayo or olive oil.

In the winter I take hearty soups or leftovers of curry, chilli, stew etc that I can heat up.

Either way, I try and stay away from processed carbs (I bloat/fall asleep), but will have the odd sandwich if I am feeling lazy/naughty - maybe once or twice a month.

I can't see this changing much now I am on No-S - it seems to fit in well enough.

Ramy

Post by Ramy » Fri May 12, 2017 1:11 am

I also do beans and vegetables often because it's quick, cheap and easy.

My other go to lunch (that I've eaten for a million years) is Greek yogurt, carrots and a piece of fruit. I often have about 10 minutes to eat and the protein holds me over for a while. Sometimes I add nuts to the yogurt as well.

aimeusdietger

Re: Lunch Ideas

Post by aimeusdietger » Sat May 13, 2017 5:08 am

I try to take carbs during the day, preferably during lunch, then no carbs in the evening. My lunch may have some pasta, rice, or a sandwich accompanied by veggies and a protein. King's lunch.
Last edited by aimeusdietger on Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:24 am, edited 34 times in total.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat May 13, 2017 5:41 am

Starch (could be bread, cooked grain, flatbreads, potato, pasta), a green veg, another color veg, some greens, a protein or beans, some sauce or flavoring. A piece of fruit. Some fat like cheese, nuts, olive oil.

Or leftover restaurant fare supplemented with elements from above.

You might get some ideas here.

https://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1732
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)