Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lilybug's check-in

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lilybug

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:35 am    Post subject: Lilybug's check-in Reply with quote

New here. Didn't really want to do a check in because I'm so over the weight watchers constant monitoring of every single thing I eat and fit bit every step I take. Still, I may try to check in from time to time to see how it looks as the big picture.

Two greens (Monday and Tuesday) but today I was so hungry (or at least wanted to eat really bad) and had a protein shake, then 4 energy balls. Feeling tired and stressed. Went to see mom and sister and brother, ate lasagna and strawberry tiramisu dessert. Ugh! Super red day. All this was after 5:00.

I'm going to move on, but I wish I could find a way to make those strong urges to eat more easy to overcome. I suspect they are emotional or nervous reasons because my meals are big aplenty Twisted Evil
Skycat

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Lilybug, and well done for moving on after a red day. Your check in can be whatever you want and however often you want, whatever works for you. Hope to see you around Very Happy
Lilybug

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, skycat!
Larkspur

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lilybug, I think those urges to eat have a lot to do with insulin release. Your body is expecting food and reacts accordingly, and that leaves you with that miserable I'm munchy-but-not-hungry feeling. The regular meals do seem to help with that.
Lilybug

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, larkspur. The next day was red as well, but I pulled off a green today😇.

I was barely tempted by some "free" cookies in the break room but it was surprisingly easy to pass on them today for some reason.

Even though I feel like I'm eating a lot and a lot of more calorie dense foods, it's so strange and wonderful to not be eating constantly through the day.

I'm digging it so far. Just hope I will not gain!
Lilybug

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green Monday. The weekend was good although I did do some tv snacking. Even on an s day it feels like it's not a good thing.

A little worried about gaining, but I'm going to keep on and try to keep my focus on habit. The snacking was by far my worst habit. I'm probably eating more sweets now that they are allowed.

I'm still trying to go for the 21 day streak.

Lilybug
oolala53

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the urges can come from other sources, too. There are tons of associations with food that can stimulate a desire to eat. You are very right that they aren't likely about real need, since you are eating regularly and probably have some reserves you wouldn't mind your body drawing on. Wink

Sometimes it will be easy and sometimes hard to ignore urges. I decided long ago I couldn't wait for it to get easy. Easy always ended and then I would just slide into the old habits. The only thing I can say is it is absolutely worth it to hold out until the structure is your default. (Full disclosure: I have been failing lately, but I've had a lot of success over the years, and see myself getting right soon.)

I have used a lot of what I learned about satisfying, delicious meals that weren't really heavy on WW, I'll give it that.

Hope to hear from you once in awhile. And that it can all become routine without all the tracking.

There is no S better than Vanilla No S.
Lilybug

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks oolala. I'm glad you're here. You are a wealth of information on these boards! I do plan on Checking in here and reading posts is helpful.

I am a little shell shocked after ww, though. Part of it I loved, like connect, until it starts driving me nuts, the constant tracking and trying to get motivated by reading the stories. Trying to lose weight was taking over my life! Also, I didn't lose much weight and I gained it back and I was still going to meetings and tracking (although. i went over every week on my points).

I had enough and threw away all my diet books and have not stepped on my scale.

I want to be healthy and a good weight, but I want a life, too. I have to make this work. I feel like my only alternative is accepting being overweight and I'm not going to do that, I'm sure.

I am about 30 lbs over where I want to be- a weight I would be totally satisfied at. Probably a size 8-10.

I'm also working on shedding the clutter in my house. (Reinhardt, do you want to come up with a system for that? I think that would be great and fall right into no s. I think weight and clutter are inter-related). Idea
oolala53

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he has admired Flylady because she has routines. People there often report that getting established in the basic routines led to accomplishing much more than just the basics. I haven't been able to keep up the kitchen stuff. Sigh.

Lilybug

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wednesday is green. Still eating pretty large meals. Starting in June, or after 21 days, maybe Question I will start paying more attention to portions.
Lilybug

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thursday green, large dinner of lasagna, 2breadsticks and small salad from fazolis. Still amazed I'm not snacking, but slightly apprehensive about the big meals.
oolala53

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's only your ninth day! Way too early to be worrying about meal sizes, unless you feel bloated and uncomfortable between meals.

Lilybug

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks oolala! That helps me feel less nervous.

I've noticed way less cravings for sweets and even snacking at all.

I know a lot of it is my larger meals, but I have been snacking nonstop for a long time and before no s, I was pretty much planning the next thing I was going to eat constantly.

I threw out all my diet books (donated). People at work make me crazy. Some juicing, many Atkins, etc. They discuss diet All. Day. Long.

I'm so over that mentality (I hope for good).
oolala53

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They talk a lot but rarely make long term changes. But I was there, too. In a way, I still am, except that it's just about supporting this. And this is definitely more fun.

Lilybug

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Failure. Off work and drinks with family, then starving and felt I needed to eat.
oolala53

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What time of day was this? Did you eat on your own? Did it replace a meal or was it just early dinner? Just curious about having drinks with the family but no meal. My family doesn't live nearby, so I don't know how these things work.

Lilybug

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sister came over about 4pm and we had a couple of beers. We then went to her house, (she lives in my neighborhood), she was going to cook burgers, but that took awhile so had another drink or two 😜 And by that time I needed to eat! I snacked on some chips and dip before dinner was ready, then ate dinner about 7.

I really need to eat with alcohol. I will probably do the ES Reinhardt has for limits on alcohol at some point!
Lilybug

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S day, but I think I did overeat. A whole bar of hazelnut chocolate (over 500 calories, I know that is not supposed to matter). I think I kept on eating it to "get rid of it". Anyone else have that happen?

I also had a big piece of banana bread and fresh squeezed oj for breakfast.

Baguette with roast chicken, cheddar cheese and dry salami for dinner. AND a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

I feel bloated and tired.

I am trying to trust the process, but I have to admit I feel a little nervous.
oolala53

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is absolutely possible to eat too much on S days. It's just not forbidden. But it is meant to be a temporary release valve to the N day eating discipline until N day eating feels more natural and even preferred. No S can't defy the laws of chemistry. If you eat more than your body needs overall, following every whim to eat, you will not lose and eventually gain. No S is just a way to limit the intake, a way that has been commonly used before the rules were thrown out. If months down the line, the moderation of N days isn't naturally spilling over into S days, you may decide you are ready to take purposeful action. But no need to hang that over your head now, unless you have a health condition. BTW, it took me two years before I was willing to rein in my S days. Needless to say, weight loss stalled many times, but loss was not my main goal. Eventually, the release valve became more of a burden than a release. I got tired of feeling caught by food and being too full. (Avoiding that was THE main motivation for me, but it was a dance.) I still had to use effort, but it became worth it because I felt more comfortable and enjoyed what I ate more on S days, like I did on N days.

I know No S tries to get us to be rather casual about things, but it's very easy to drink more than a meal's worth of calories in alcohol alone, yet it won't feel like it. In fact, most people will be likely to eat even more. The body knows, though. (Not meant to incur shame, but just calm reflection. Slim societies are rather moderate with their drinking, too.)

I think the general recommendation even outside of No S is to intersperse drinking water between booze drinks. Pairing/following it with a meal is probably a good idea, too, but that may be a lot of habit change at once, if a person is used to drinking socially.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: