milczar's check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:51 pm

I need to correct some of my damaging behavior as of late:

start walk regularly, not sporadically
cut out the sugar, soda, candy, etc.
cut out the snacking on junk food chips, etc
eat at home more and eat out less, especially fast food
stick to water, tea, and coffee

I have let these bad habits slip into my daily routine, and no doubt this is why I have gained about 10 pounds

I know what to do, I just need to do it
The destiny of nations depends on the manner in which they feed themselves. Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:56 pm

So today I packed a homemade lunch

roast pork tenderloin with mushrooms, mashed sweet potato, green beans roasted with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, sauteed beets, potato salad

also I have green vegetable juice (kale, spinach, etc), balckberries, and banana

didn't have breakfast because I really over did it last night and I am not going to force feed myself.

onward
The destiny of nations depends on the manner in which they feed themselves. Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:01 pm

success!

yesterday:

B = 1 oz. goldfish crackers, 1 cup black berries, 1 banana, coffee black, water, vitamins

L = pork tenderloin with mushrooms, sweet potato, beets, green beans, potato salad, 1 square Ghiradelli chocolate caramel

D = large chunk of spaghetti with marinara sauce and mozzella, 1 15 oz. green juice (kale, spinach, cucumber, etc.), 1 tangerine

walked 1 mile at work around the track and 4 miles after work
no alcohol

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:14 pm

I think one of the hallmarks of success is eating at home more and homemade meals. Unless you live near a whole foods market or some organic health food restaurant type place, regular fast food and restaurant chains are just not that healthy. And yes I know some offer "healthier" options and yes I know it's convenient, and yes it tastes great, and yes sometimes you can't help it because you are attending a birthday, anniversary, etc. dinner. I love eating out. But I know that eating at home is so much better: smaller portions, you can control the quality of ingredients, less fat and calories, less SALT (that is a biggie, even "healthy" options at restaurants tend to have a lot of salt), more sugar, etc. so my current goal is to cook and eat at home more. I have been eating out at least once a day and that is part of the issue

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:35 pm

B = 1 banana, coffee black, 2 hard boiled eggs, one toast with butter

L = pork loin with mushrooms, beets, green beans, sweet potato, potato salad, 2 tangerines, 15 oz. green juice

D = tba maybe turkey tacos with spinach, salsa, avocado, onions, corn tortillas, lentil and vegetable soup

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:01 pm

B = 1 banana, coffee black, 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 slice bread with butter

L = pork tenderloin with mushrooms, sweet potato, beets, green beans, potato salad, 15 oz. green juice, 2 tangerines, 1 dinner french roll with brie cheese

D = 1 cup blueberries, 2 turkey, bean, and spinach soft homemade tacos with corn tortillas, salsa, 1 avocado, and green onions, venti passion iced tea with no sugar from starbucks

walked 5 miles, 1 at work and 4 after work

Merry

Post by Merry » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:17 am

I agree, I think it's easier to stay on track if eating out is kept to a minimum. Keep up the good work!
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:12 pm

joasia

Post by joasia » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:20 pm

joasia

Post by joasia » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:52 pm

what is it about work that irritates me and makes me stress eat? Some people have told me that everybody's job is stressful, but I guess I can't help wondering if the grass is greener elsewhere

worth it

Post by worth it » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:50 am

Joasia,

I wanted to stop by and say hello and that I think you are doing amazing, even though it probably doesn't feel like it today. Even though I've recently just begun posting again, your thread is one I read often and is so inspiring to me because its a true and real account of all of your successes and struggles. It reminds me to keep putting one foot in front of the other and over time, I will see progress- like you have!

In the meantime, I truly hope work gets better for you. It's an awful feeling to work somewhere you don't like to be. :(

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:14 pm

B = thai food leftovers crab fried rice, coffee black

L = tba

D = tba

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:16 pm

thanks worth it

your words of encouragement are so nice to hear - I have worked here for 15 years and have hated it. But I feel stuck. I want to find some new hope that I can find a job that I don't feel hopeless at

worth it

Post by worth it » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:06 am

Joasia,

Ugh. 15 years is a lot of time to invest somewhere, especially where you are feeling stuck. I hope I'm not being intrusive as I write this, but I'm guessing it's either one of two things:
1. Your position is no longer energizing you- that is, you likely spend most of your time performing duties that are not suited to your strengths. -OR-
2. You don't share the same values as your company anymore. Having recently gone through something like this (I wasn't at my old company for nearly as long), I realized that I simply didn't share the same values that my company did. For instance, they valued (and rewarded) aggressive, jerk-like behavior, while I value composed, logical and reason-driven behavior.

The good news: If it's number 1, then you have a fighting chance to fix that "stuck" feeling. You can talk with your manager ask if you can change up some of your duties that play to your strengths. (Easier said than done, but I've seen it happen before)
The bad news: If it's number 2, then you will need to move onto a company that aligns more closely with your values. This is obviously more of a challenge, but it will be the only way you can feel "un" stuck again.

Anyway, no response to this message is necessary, but I am hoping hearing an outside perspective could help you work through your feelings around feeling so stuck at work. GOOD LUCK on whatever you decide to do (even if it's nothing right now).

joasia

Post by joasia » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:47 pm

yes, all of my education and experience is focused in one area. and at this point in my life I would have to start all over again. So I do feel stuck. It would be helpful if I felt some hope

joasia

Post by joasia » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:45 pm

not the best breakfast but

1/2 a breakfast burrito with no meat (eggs, cheese, hashbrowns, taco sauce, tortilla)
1/2 a cake doughnut
1/2 a cream filled doughnut
milk

Brocky

I get it=job wise

Post by Brocky » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:28 pm

Hi just saying hi, I understand the difficulties you mention about your job. I to have worked at the same place for 15 years and some days I have been so stressed I just eat and eat to try to cheer myself up or sometimes I think as a punishment if I feel I haven't done a good enough job or have made a poor decision. I think about leaving but scared of trying something new. I would only be able to stay in same industry. Here I am again today after having a rough day-subject to an investigation from a disgruntled x employee-I have been subject to these things before and it is distressing seems as a manager for fodder for people's wrath and they can write what they like and then you have to defend your position. Anyway apologies for venting just wanted to share that I get how hard it can be and can derail good efforts regarding eating-but I guess what I am thinking is cannot stop people causing us stress it is our personal response and how to deal with it is all we have at our disposal. I keep saying to myself "yes this is horrid" but overeating will not alter what has happened and this to will pass. Good luck with your journey

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:06 pm

yesterday was not good

candy, chocolate, sugary drinks, fast food, no walk, ugh, not happy with myself about that - but today is a new day

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:30 pm

I'm glad I didn't gain from yesterday, I ate fast food, sugar, junk, and didn't walk. I brought my own lunch today and am planning to walk at work and after work. I want to at least get back down to the 180s if not the 170s before the holidays

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:38 pm

B = large French roll, brie cheese, 2 large tangerines, coffee black

L = few bites of sweet potatoes, 1/2 c potato salad, 1 boneless/skinless chicken thigh, roasted brussel sprouts and carrots, 1 oz. chili cheese fritos, 2 oz. blueberries

D = tba

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:15 pm

walked 5 miles and did leg/chair exercises

B= coffee black, large french roll with brie cheese, 2 large tangerines

L = few bites of sweet potato, 1/2 cup potato salad, one chicken thigh boneless/skinless with sauce, roasted brussel sprouts and carrots, 1 oz chili frito chips, 2 oz. blueberries (all measurements are estimates)

D = chicken noodle soup, 2 hard boiled eggs, one toast with butter, one 15 oz. green juice

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:28 pm

B = 1 turkey and bean taco on corn tortilla with spinach, 1/2 an avocado, and salsa, 15 oz. green juice, 1 large tangerine, 1 venti unsweetened green tea from starbucks

L = another taco same as above with the other avocado half, 1 toast with peanut butter and strawberry jam, 1 banana, 1 large tangerine

D = tba

walk tba

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:17 pm

joasia

Post by joasia » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:26 pm

RAWCOOKIE

Post by RAWCOOKIE » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:59 pm

Keep going Joasia....... you're going in the right direction.

I go back to work tomorrow after annual leave of 17 days in all - I'm not relishing the thought. At home, I've found it much easier to just eat my meals and not want anything in between - at work I'm often 'waiting' for my lunch-time to arrive, or looking forward to getting home for dinner and hyper aware of the food being eaten around me. A lot of eating, or wanting to eat, at work seems to come from stress. For me, I think it's the feeling of being trapped at work......I have to stay there, working, until the end of my shift.

I've worked at this job for 10 yrs now........ I'm quite low-paid too (support worker), but I do think that most 'jobs' end up feeling the same. I don't hate my work, but I am tired of it! I don't see anything out there (I'm 62) which would be viable to change to, and/or suitable for me. So - reckon I'm stuck too.........

In the meantime, nice packed meals help! :)
I love Everyday Systems :3

13.6.15 124.25lbs
11.11.21 101.00lbs

joasia

Post by joasia » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:51 pm

your weight seems perfect Rawcookie! Although I don't know your height

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:19 pm

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:09 pm

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:47 pm

B = denver omlette, hash browns, ketchup, two slices white toast with margarine, coffee black

Whosonfirst

Post by Whosonfirst » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:51 pm

joasia wrote:189.8

B = denver omlette, hash browns, ketchup, two slices white toast with margarine, coffee black
That sounds good and I don't even know what's in it. Omelettes are good at any meal, imo.
https://twitter.com/SipeEngineering
Current weight(9/2020)-212 lbs.
Goal Weight- 205 lbs.
NoS Goal: >= 80% Success days

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:50 pm

tobiasmom

Hey

Post by tobiasmom » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:24 am

Check you out!!! Great job, Girl &#128077;&#128077;&#128077;&#128539;
Military wife and homeschool mom of two boys, 15 and 10.
No-S restart 01/08/23
SW: 239

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:32 am

Unfortunately I can't take credit for it. Twas the flu

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:48 pm

walked 3 miles

going to try to eat reasonably

joasia

Post by joasia » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:05 pm

185. something

B = pack of sandwich cheese crackers (6), minestrone soup, green tea no sugar

L = 2 baked chicken legs, brown rice with asparagus, broccoli with bread crumbs, blueberries

D = not sure, overate yesterday

goal : walk today after work

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:25 pm

haven't weighed myself

B = 2 pancakes with syrup, eggs scrambled, 2 bacon strips, ketchup, tea black (didn't eat everything)

L = grilled turkey and cheese melt sandwich, 6 peanut butter and cheese sandwich crackers, 1 lollipop

D = 2 roast chicken legs, brown rice with asparagus, broccoli with bread crumbs, blueberries

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:20 pm

192.9 yeah it wasn't pretty this morning. But I have been eating everything in sight Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Super stress eating. But today I have decided to take control again. There is nothing worse than feeling out of control with eating. My plan is to eat well and walk after work. Already did my leg exercises. I am not happy with this weigh in, but I can only blame myself for the out of control eating

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:41 pm

no. alc.
walk?

-6 peanut butter sandwich cookies
-one small lollipop
-glass of orange soda
- 1 orange
-ham and turkey sub sandwich
-rice
-nachos with sour cream and salsa
-salad with dressing
-lasagna

I think that is it

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:55 pm

yesterday I didn't eat so well at all. there was a potluck at work and I indulged on junk food. And I didn't walk. But today is a new day. Hopefully, I will get off work early so that I can do my walk. packed my lunch for work, although after yesterdays binge, I'm not really hungry for breakfast, so I may skip it or move it up to further in the morning like 10

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:54 pm

yesterday, i had a decent eating day. I ate 3 meals, no snacks or sweets. I walked 3 miles. Then, evening came. I binged. Why are evenings so killer? I have no problems until evenings. When I just have the urge to stress eat. I guess I let all the worries of the day dance away in my head, and that is when the stress eating begins.

Well today is a new day yet again - 188.9 is what the scale said. My goal is to walk at least 3 miles again, maybe 4

B = went to a diner: 2 strips of bacon, about 2 scrambled eggs, ketchup, two pancakes with margarine and syrup, coffee black

L and dinner tba

I still want to get back down to the 170s instead of hovering in the high 180s/190. My clothes fit better and I feel better and my health reading (blood pressure) are better

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:25 pm

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:14 pm

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:05 pm

still struggling

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:02 pm

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:31 pm

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:32 pm

overate yesterday

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:44 pm

well today was not a great eating day, but I did do my stair exercises and I plan to walk after work. so onward

b = 2 donuts, one cake with white frosting and sprinkles, one filled with vanilla cream and chocolate icing, 10 oz. of milk, I didn't finish all of the donuts or milk, tea plain

L = chicken enchilada verde casserole homemade

D - Farmer boys, turkey bacon melt without the bacon, fried zuccini with ranch, ate one and a half pieces, they are big, large regular coke

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:45 pm

yesterday I walked 3 miles and did my step exercises. But I stress ate like crazy, which I am not proud of. My fight with emotional eating is real and ongoing. And I am in its grips right now. But I am not giving up

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:13 pm

B = egg mcmuffin no canadian bacon, 1 slice of bbq chicken pizza, 15 oz. green juice

L = tba

D = tba

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:27 pm

B = one slice bbq chicken pizza, egg mcmuffin with no canadian bacon, 15 oz green vegetable juice

L = pasta with marinara sauce and mozzerella, 2 tangerines, 1 cup blueberries and blackberries

D = tba

going to try to walk after work

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:27 pm

191.2 or 191.8 can't remember

yesterday I walked my 3 miles after work, but overate in the evening, evenings remain a challenge

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:32 pm

I need to get back in control

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:41 pm

yesterday I didn't make healthy eating choices, but I did stick to three meals with no snacking or sweets. and I didn't binge in the evening which has been my greatest problem. and i walked 4 miles

B = famous star with cheese from carl's jr. tea unsweetened

L = fast food jack in the box spicy chicken sandwich and 3 egg rolls with sweet and sour sauce, ice tea

D = large plate of rigatoni with marinara sauce and lots of cheese, a slice of cheese for me and some tortilla chips with cheese dip

walked 4 laps on the track at work and 3 miles after work

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:44 pm

today off to a better start:

B = 2 large soft boiled eggs, 1 toast with butter, 3 small tangerines, coffee black

L = brown rice, black beans, fejon meat, green juice, blueberries

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:28 pm

joasia

Post by joasia » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:37 pm

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:49 pm

B = 1 oz. tortilla chips, 1 avocado, salsa

L = 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 toast with butter, 1 cup blueberries

D = large bowl of homemade tomato soup with sour cream and noodles, grilled ham and cheese sandwich, 1 bone in pork chop with pepper jelly

26 step ups, walked 4 miles

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:04 pm

I will take it. I've been struggling lately. Haven't weighed myself for a while. I thought it would be a lot worse.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:08 pm

Glad to see you're still around but sorry it's such a struggle. Are there any mods you're considering, or does that sound too restrictive?
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:25 pm

I know what I need to do, but I have been choosing to stress eat instead of doing the right things. My way of dealing with stress is excess, and that is the main problem

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:15 pm

I feel ya. It used to be my go-to habit, too. Now I end up on here or another site on the same issue. For a "whole" life, I know it's not the best stress remedy. It's actually just a different binge. But it has kept me from eating.

Hope you find some strength to resist the food when stressed. It will be hard at first, but you'll never regret sticking to your meals.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed May 10, 2017 2:08 pm

yesterday 193. something, today 192.9-193

B = 2 slices leftover pizza, tea, 3 small pieces of sour candy

L = 2 slices leftover pizza, 3 tangerines

D = 1 hot dog, 2 handfuls of tortilla chips with salsa and guacamole (1 avocado), about an ounce of cheese, orange juice, 2 spoonfuls of tasting while cooking

walked 5 miles

Today

B =peanut butter and jelly sandwich, reduced fat milk

L = braised boneless skinless chicken thigh with rice, carrots, mushroom, broccoli, green juice, one banana, 3 tangerines

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue May 23, 2017 2:47 pm

I am still working on getting a handle on my weight. I know I have been overeating and not walking. It has been really hot, the good thing is that it is almost summer vacation and I will be able to walk mornings

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:06 am

Whosonfirst

Post by Whosonfirst » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:27 am

Nice progress.
https://twitter.com/SipeEngineering
Current weight(9/2020)-212 lbs.
Goal Weight- 205 lbs.
NoS Goal: >= 80% Success days

ladybird30

Post by ladybird30 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:44 am

Good to see you back again Joasia. I admire your persistence.
Ladybird.
Three meals a day - not too little not too much, but just right

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:13 am

Good to hear from you again. Kudos on the drop in weight!
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:40 pm

My most difficult time of day is after 3 p.m. I am so used to sitting on the couch watching t.v. and snacking. Even though I eat a good hearty breakfast and lunch. But I am going to try to power through. some of it is hunger - but most of it is stress and emotional/comfort eating. I comfort myself with food.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:03 pm

That is my difficult time, too, though I'm not at home. I
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:58 pm

yesterday I did good until dinner. Ate breakfast and lunch, no snacking, no sweets, no sweet drinks or juice. But then around 4 p.m. I lost it. I don't know what it is about the afternoon. Well today is a new day

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:36 pm

well it has been a year and two months - ish. I am currently 194.8. Over the last year I have stayed in the 190s. I need to get back on the losing track. My goal at least

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:12 pm

Well hello joasia! Wonderful wonderful to see you on the boards, my friend!
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/18-25.6; 8/18-24.5; 10/18-23.8;
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
6/20-22.5; 7/20-23.0; 9/20-23.6
4/21 - 25.2

ladybird30

Post by ladybird30 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:31 pm

Good to hear from you again Joasia. By my reckoning, you have been maintaining a loss of around 70 - 80lbs for the last year, and have never given up. Truly impressive. Good luck.

Soprano

Post by Soprano » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:59 am

It's great to hear of successful maintenance, welcome back

Jx
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

worth it

Post by worth it » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:49 pm

OMG- you are back! And even more importantly, you are doing great. So inspiring to hear about your continued journey.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:45 am

We're rooting for you.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:06 pm

need to start exercising regularly

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:16 am

I'm sure you'll get back to your long daily walks! Go you!
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/18-25.6; 8/18-24.5; 10/18-23.8;
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
6/20-22.5; 7/20-23.0; 9/20-23.6
4/21 - 25.2

Dalia negra

Post by Dalia negra » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:08 am

Hello Joasia!

You do not know how excited I am to be able to address you in person ... I have read your journal again and again, you are a great source of inspiration for me !!!
I hope you stay for a while here, I would love to share my trip No S with you.

Good luck with your walks! :wink:

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:02 pm

this morning 194.6-195

yesterday the day started out good, then in the afternoon and evening (always my weak time, I started stress eating)

B - 1 hard boiled egg, 1 toast w/ 1 tsp. butter, blackberries

L - individual stoffers lasagna, 1 hard boiled egg, 1 toast with 1 tsp butter, some cheese cubes, some cucumbers and carrots with ranch

afternoon and dinner I overate and had sweets

walked 3 miles, total for the day about 15,000 steps

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:03 pm

oh and had my greens juice at lunch yesterday

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:51 pm

I had gone back to afternoon grazing this fall. It becomes just a habit again.
Even when there's nothing especially stressful going on, the urges can come. Hang in there!
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

joasia

Re: milczar's check in

Post by joasia » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:00 pm

199.4. still struggling but not giving up

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:05 pm

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:48 pm

Soprano

Post by Soprano » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:20 pm

Figures looking good

Jx
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:36 pm

199.6 I don't feel I overate this weekend, yet I can't seem to leave the upper 190s. I think I might me in denial about how much I am eating. I know sometimes my food choices aren't the best. I have the power to change this. Mind over matter and stop stress eating.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:49 pm

It can be hard to face just how little we actually need. But a life of eating only exactly what we need can be hard to face. It seems there are only two overall approaches these days: less food or fewer hours eating. Or both.

Are you still living in the Inland Empire?

I'm betting on you.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:26 pm

yes still in the Inland Empire

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:19 am

193.6/194.8. I have been maintaining for 2 or 3 years, but need to lose. I don't know why I am stuck

ladybird30

Post by ladybird30 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:44 pm

Good to hear from you Joasia, I have often wondered how you are doing. Congratulations on maintaining a considerable
weight loss - I know from your posts how hard it has been for you.

worth it

Post by worth it » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:23 am

Great to hear from you! I only pop in now from time to time, but I’m inspired to hear you are still at it! Be well!

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:16 am

From my years of doing this and being on the weight loss site Sparkpeople, I have come to the conclusion that anything more than a few percentages' loss being sustained demands way more precision than is implied, UNLESS someone moved to a culture where slimness was more typical and truly adopted the same lifestyle. To live in one's own culture and live very differently is challenging. Being really motivated by fear of illness can also be effective, but that is hard to make real for ourselves. I hated being a slave to binge foods, so I was able to break the chain, but the normal BMI was where I started decades before when I went on my first diet and then started the yo-yoing upwards, so getting back to it meant less fighting my setpoint. It does seem like eating a large percentage of unprocessed foods makes a big difference. but that is not mainstream.

Hope you are doing okay in the heat!
Last edited by oolala53 on Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

joasia

Post by joasia » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:43 pm

185.4 this morning

ladybird30

Post by ladybird30 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:08 am

Good news.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:23 am

Great work.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:22 pm

well I have gained some weight back. Ever since turning 40, it is a lot more difficult to lose weight and keep it off. I have found that eating low carb seems to work.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:37 pm

Nice to see you. May I ask what you tend to have at your meals? thx
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:25 pm

Well when I am eating low carb I have no problem losing weight. I just have to stay away from wheat bread, flour, sugar, pasta, and other such starchy things. I didn't eat low carb over the holidays, and I gained weight. I can walk 10,000 plus steps a day, if I don't watch the diet, I can't lose the weight. It is hard though because I love white bread and pasta.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:28 am

The exercise can help weight stay off but it doesn't actually lead to loss unless we put in a lot of time. But it's well related to not gaining.

You'll always gain some from carbs just because they tend to store water. And the refined ones make it easy to go right past the natural appestat. It's so easy to fit them in because the chew down to almost nothing really fast.

Wishing you resolve in 2022!
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23