Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My One-Year NoS Success Story

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet Testimonials (aka "yearly check in")
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LifeisaBlessing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: My One-Year NoS Success Story Reply with quote

It has been exactly one year since I started my (modified) NoS journey. I am happy to report that not only did I meet my initial weight/fat loss goals, but surpassed them, and have maintained my current weight for over four months. I have achieved a weight/fat loss that I only dreamed of before, and figured I would need to go on a super-restrictive bodybuilder-style diet to get. Not with modified NoS!

A big thank you to Reinhard for putting all this information out there, and for continuing to be a supportive presence.

Before stats:
Weight: 122-125 pounds
Height: 5'5"
Body fat: ~22-25%
Exercise: 10K Steps

Goal stats:
Weight: 115-116 pounds
Body fat: ~19-20%
Exercise: 10K steps
Time to achieve goal: 2 months

During/maintenance stats:
Weight: <115 pounds
Body fat: ~15-16%
Exercise: 10K steps, ~15-minute daily strength/body shaping routine
Time in during/maintenance: (Counting from initial goal achieved) 10 months

How I achieved and maintain success:

1. Modify NoS to include any food (sweets included) at all three meals, and eat that way seven days a week.

2. Weigh every day. This keeps me on plan. I adjust my next day's meals accordingly, based on if my weight is up, down, or the same.

3. Pray before meals. I can't say enough about how important it is for me in being thankful to God for the blessings in my life, including the food that is on my plate--what a big difference this makes in staying on plan!

4. The biggie - make peace with the fact that weight/fat loss is all about reducing calories. However that is achieved, in the absolutely most non-invasive, easiest way to incorporate into everyday life, is what will work in the long run. Modified NoS does this for me in a way that I can live with, and works no matter what life situation I'm in.

Hopefully, some of what I've shared will inspire others. Please feel free to contact me, either on the boards or by PM, if you'd like more details on any of the specifics I mentioned.

Have a wonderful day and God bless! Smile

~Jimmy Dean
moderatemeals

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job Lifeisablessing! I love your testimonial and also am so appreciative of all your good advice. You are so supportive and have given me such good tips. I'm no where near perfect with No S but I love how you allow yourself forgiveness and adjusting when we go off plan. Also, your mod of nothing off limits has been helpful to me.

Have a great day!
reinhard
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on your sustained success and thank you for letting us know!

Love the details of your "mods" -- very clear, simple, moderate (and wise).

Best wishes going forward and please keep us posted!

Reinhard
LifeisaBlessing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, moderatemeals and Reinhard, for your kind words! Smile

moderatemeals - I'm so glad I've been of help to you! Feel free to ask me any questions, anytime. Smile

reinhard - I've been talking up NoS for awhile on another fitness board I participate in, so hopefully your common-sense message is going out even further. From the people I've heard back from there, they are thrilled with the ease, simplicity, and results they're getting following your plan. So slowly but surely, the word is spreading! Smile

~Jimmy Dean
Corin6:12

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an inspiration! I had to come and read this after your wise responses to my post.

My faith also helps me get through the tough situations when my flesh wants to give in. I started leaving my bible out on the island counter so i can "snack on the Word" when I wander into the kitchen Wink . praying before meals is a great idea!

Your stats sound like mine, except I am only 5 ft tall.

Do you think allowing for a small treat with meals helped cut down excess on the weekends? What do your s days look like now? Are they just like your no s days?

What did you like or dislike about IE? (Intuitive eating)

- Natalie

-1 corinthians 6:12
LifeisaBlessing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corin6:12 wrote:
What an inspiration! I had to come and read this after your wise responses to my post.

Thanks so much, Natalie! Smile So glad you can take some inspiration from my story. My main purpose in joining the boards last June was to be a resource for others, and I hope that I can help in any way I can.

Quote:
My faith also helps me get through the tough situations when my flesh wants to give in. I started leaving my bible out on the island counter so i can "snack on the Word" when I wander into the kitchen Wink . praying before meals is a great idea!

Great idea too on leaving the Bible in an easily accessible location! This past Lent, I really tried to up my inspirational reading, and it really does make a huge difference, not just in eating, but in how my day goes. It is absolutely invaluable.

Quote:
Do you think allowing for a small treat with meals helped cut down excess on the weekends?

Yes it does! My mod, especially in the beginning, was to treat weekends like the weekdays. In other words, I ate three meals a day, seven days a week, without restrictions on any type of food. I kept the habit going not only through the weekend, but also during really special events--my last year included a graduation celebration, plus a wedding.

Quote:
What do your s days look like now? Are they just like your no s days?

Now that I've been comfortably at goal for awhile, I have "relaxed" the rules a bit. In the beginning, my "S" days and weekends looked exactly like my "N" days. Now, I do allow myself the occasional nibble on something, but I actually virtual plate it and account for it at the next meal, so in actuality, I'm still doing my original version of modified NoS, just "spread out" a bit more over the day lol.

Quote:
What did you like or dislike about IE? (Intuitive eating)

I think of all the other diets I've tried, IE was my favorite. In legalizing all foods, IE really helped me to learn so much about myself in terms of taste preferences and how my body reacts to certain foods. The knowledge I gained from IE actually formed the basis for determining what my meal make-up looked like in the beginning of my modified NoS journey last year.

My main dislike about IE and where I feel it goes off the rails is that it places absolutely no restrictions on the amounts of food eaten. Losing fat/weight will require some form of restriction of calories. You simply can't have unlimited quantities of calorie-dense foods and expect to lose weight. You don't have to eliminate those foods, just be smart about how much you're consuming.

Combining modified NoS with what I learned from IE was the perfect recipe for success for my goals.

Please feel free to ask me any other questions--as I've said before, I'm very happy to be of help! Smile

~Jimmy Dean
LifeisaBlessing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice1981 - I saw your post on Easter Sunday, but didn't get a chance to respond until today, when I noticed it's been deleted. Please check your PMs--I did have some advice for you! Smile

~Jimmy Dean
Merry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! What a great check-in. Praising God with you! Very Happy

28.5 lbs. down, 34.5 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.

"...slim cultures...value not overeating. They don't eat more of a food just because it's good. They enjoy the food more."--Oolala
LifeisaBlessing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much Merry! Smile

~Jimmy Dean
noni

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was always a Vanilla girl in the past, trying to implement the sweet mod and failing. But recently seeing someone else do it successfully was an encouragement to try again, and so far, success! Thank you for not being too timid to post about it.

And I'm all for praying before a meal, too!!
LifeisaBlessing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your kind words, noni! Smile Glad I was able to be an encouragement. Prayer has helped me so much in all areas of life; it's such a crucial part of my day. I can't begin to imagine going without it! Smile

~Jimmy Dean

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet Testimonials (aka "yearly check in") All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: