2 months on No 'S'....results

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

BurtMacklin

2 months on No 'S'....results

Post by BurtMacklin » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:43 pm

Hello everyone! Here's my 2 month check in. I want to thank everyone for their encouraging responses last time, it meant a lot.

Starting weight was 271.4, I'm currently at 258 (down 13.4 pounds). Since my last check in 4 weeks ago, that's an additional 4.2 pounds lost.

I recently returned from a week long vacation where I did not follow the diet very closely (I didn't eat quite as much as in the past but I was snacking, and drank my share of adult beverages). I was also much more active on vacation than I usually am, so I'm sure this helped limit the damage. I missed my Monday weigh-in while I was gone but weighed this morning and still lost 2 pounds over a 2 week period.

Now is typically the time when I would completely drop a diet after having a week without restrictions, but I made a point that I would make sure to get right back on the wagon once I returned home and got back into my routine. Hopefully by my next check in, I will be close to breaking into the 240's.

Keep fighting the good fight, everybody! This lifestyle really works, I feel more in control of my body than I ever have before. Here's to living mindfully and losing weight responsibly!

Bluebell

Post by Bluebell » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:11 pm

Excellent progress! :) I can relate to dropping a diet after a period of more relaxed eating habits, I have been there many times myself. I am pleased that you are finding NoS a different way of eating, I think the forgiving nature of NoS is what makes is so realistic and achieveable. You are right when you call it a lifestyle. Keep going! You're doing really well :)
"You'll know where the North Star is ⭐️" - Oolala

bd88

Post by bd88 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:27 pm

Great progress!
Determined to break the diet mindset, confront my disordered eating, and embrace myself fully and unconditionally.

MaggieMae

Post by MaggieMae » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:17 pm

Wow, that's great! Keep it up!

Merry

Post by Merry » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:36 am

Congratulations!
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:08 am

I think it's especially great that you didn't start thinking you could get away with being more relaxed at home since you lost while on vacation, too. You probably get that it was the moderation so far that helped you keep it sane.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

kaalii

Re: 2 months on No 'S'....results

Post by kaalii » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:11 am

wow! awesome! congratulations!
BurtMacklin wrote: Keep fighting the good fight, everybody! This lifestyle really works, I feel more in control of my body than I ever have before. Here's to living mindfully and losing weight responsibly!
indeed!!
BMI: 18.8
Body Fat %: 17.6
in it for maintenance and, more importantly, sanity!!

Mustloseweight

Well Done!

Post by Mustloseweight » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:10 pm

This is amazing news. Thank you for sharing because us members feed off others' success and it inspires and motivates us no end.

I totally relate to the diet dropping thing. I am exactly the same only it is far sooner for me to drop off than two weeks.

Keep doing what you are doing!

Anne
September 2017 - Starting weight: 19st 9lbs
March 2018 - 17st 2lbs
July 2018 - 16st 4lbs
July 2020 - 17st 10lbs 😟
Target Weight: 11 stones

Elyssa

Post by Elyssa » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:50 pm

Hi Burt:
CONGRATULATIONS AND KEEP UP THE POSITIVE ATTITUDE & ENERGY!
We definitely look forward to your 3-month check-in!!!!

Vacations are tricky, I would imagine. My first vacation since starting my "No-S" life changes will be in August. I have already decided that there is NO way I am going to treat every single vacation day as an "S day." That won't work for me. I will look at my vacation calendar and pick days. If not, I could just stick to Saturdays and Sundays, I mean, why not?

Interestingly, relaxing everything while on vacation worked for you, so GOOD FOR YOU! Oolala just made a really great point on my check-in thread, which is that for most of us, just dropping weight or keeping our weight down will NOT be enough to sustain us.

In your case, you were still down 2 lbs. when the vacation ended... but your decision to stick with "No-S" in the future will most likely be guided by more than weight loss, at least in the long run.

For me, just having a habit of NO snacks (even though I actively rebelled against it a few days ago) has been liberating. That is, I no longer spend my mid-mornings and mid-afternoons --not to mention my late nights!--thinking intrusive, habitual thoughts along the lines of "...okay, am I hungry? Does it matter? Maybe I am not really hungry. Or maybe I am? If I am, I can snack. Actually, I could even snack if not hungry. It's just a snack. So should I have this healthy snack or that healthy snack? Or should I just snack later? Or not snack at all? I could just snack and skip the next meal. Hmm, what should I do...."

By following No-S, I spend much less time overall thinking about food. That alone is valuable. Don't know how it's going for you?

Either way, Burt, keep it up!
~ Elyssa :wink: :)
Ahh... relief!

"No S" has become the life-changing answer to my agonizing questions around food...

Trust in the wisdom of structure.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:30 am

Congratulations, Burt! And thanks for letting us know.

That's great progress -- and even more encouraging than the numbers is your thoughtfully positive mindset.

Interesting to hear about your vacation experience -- I too find the increased activity tends to balance out the extra S-days or other rule relaxations.

Reinhard

Tombo

Post by Tombo » Wed May 02, 2018 9:59 am

Great progress, I’m pleased to hear it :D