Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jean's check in
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elyssa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back, Jean!!! Smile
I'm still new, but in some ways feel like a veteran here. Wink
I can certainly relate to the "taking care of others at the expense of self" part.
Now you've shown up here again, which I think means that you're not only in need of accountability --though that is an extremely helpful benefit of coming here!!-- but also that you're putting yourself first. AND THAT'S A GOOD THING.

Don't want to trod out old cliches about putting on your own oxygen mask on first on an airplane or how a car can't run on empty... but definitely there is value in NOT neglecting yourself while caring for others.
There really is a whole philosophy to that but time is crisp this morning so I must leave that for another day... all this to say: WELCOME BACK & we hope to see and read regular posts from you. Laughing ~ Elyssa

"No S" has become the life-changing answer to my agonizing questions around food...

Trust in the wisdom of structure.
r.jean

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments Elyssa!

I really meant to start checking in every few days, but obviously that did not happen. I have been doing well with exercise, but temptations with summer foods and beverages have led to reds with NoS and Glass ceiling. It is mostly on the weekends. Unfortunately that means Friday-Sunday rather than the allowed Saturday-Sunday. My weight is maintaining because of the exercise but not dropping.

Goal
Today I weighed myself. I plan to weigh myself again 4 weeks. I will track my compliance with exercise, NoS, and Glass ceiling and will post at least weekly. (Hopefully I remember this time!)
oolala53

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Welcome back again.

And only because you're such a veteran i will say remember it's SOMETIMES on S days. That addition that Reinhard had wanted to put into the maxim has gotten more and more important to my efforts over the years. An S day can be an S day with NO S's. That and really coming to believe that there are genuine benefits to eating even less than I thought I needed has led to losses I didn't expect, but I really think I would have got the benefit without that. Up against the payoffs, summer extras (and eventually holiday season ones, which we can be "in training" for right now) seem like a rip off. But it's taken awhile for the morph to happen.

Hope to see you regularly!

There is no S better than Vanilla No S.
Merry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back, Jean! So good to see you here and read about your journey.

28.5 lbs. down, 34.5 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.

"...slim cultures...value not overeating. They don't eat more of a food just because it's good. They enjoy the food more."--Oolala
r.jean

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments Merry and oolala!

I obviously failed at my weekly posting, but I have not failed in tracking for myself. I had a huge challenge from July 1-16. I had three back to back trips with lots of driving and activity. It started with a 4 day camping trip, a quick night at home and then an 8 day road trip visiting family (2000 miles in the car). After another stop at home of less than 24 hours, I joined another family member for a weekend away (only about 600 miles in the car this time). These were all lined up for different special occasions. There was no way to space them out. I kept up my exercise, and I was NoS compliant most of the time. I actually lost 3 lbs.

The problem is that I sort of crashed and burned when I got home. I did a little exercise Monday (1/2 hour of weights) and Tuesday (2 mile walk and 1.5 hours of recreational volleyball). However, I am training for a half marathon and have been averaging 4 miles a day of walking and/or running. I also have eaten worse at home than I did on the road. Two reds Mon/Tues. Sad

Today I am still moving slow, but I ate very healthy for breakfast and lunch. I plan on a trip to the gym this afternoon and will hope for the best. It is too hot outside to exercise outside for any length of time so I am stuck with the gym. I am telling myself that breaks are necessary and healing; yet, I just feel lethargic. I am treating myself to a pedicure with a friend tomorrow and moving foreword.

Onward!
Merry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's awesome that you stuck with No-s and exercise while on the road so much! Shake off the red days--mark it and move on as they say!

"...slim cultures...value not overeating. They don't eat more of a food just because it's good. They enjoy the food more."--Oolala
oolala53

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stellar overall. Won't it feel good to finish the week green? This is how life can be!

r.jean

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Merry and oolala!
Posting did help the other day. I have been green since and have caught up on most of my weekly exercise goals. I did not get my long run in this week, and I walked more than ran; however, I only need 2.5 miles tomorrow to finish out the week making my total weekly miles goal. Today I will finish out my weight machines goal (3 times a week). Exercise is crucial for me, especially as I get older. Endorphins I guess. Good psychologically and physically.

That said, I think I need to work on that extra few pounds that I have hung onto. It sounds like you got to that point oolala. I have no specific weight loss goals, no time frame. With better habits, it should slowly come off.
r.jean

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished out last week feeling okay with where I was at given that I was feeling a little funky all week from post vacation tiredness. I did NOT manage to get my last couple of miles in as planned, but there was a decent reason. We were dealing with storm and flooding issues on Saturday. We were not seriously affected, but it consumed the day.

Sunday: new week
Moderate S day. A small extra meal/heavy snack at a gathering which included a sweet also.
Hot! Did 4 miles at a relaxed pace (14:32) due to heat.
Worked on decluttering goals by scanning pictures. At this rate, it will take me years. Oh well. Some progress is better than none.

Monday. Working on getting up and out of the house for a long run/walk/jog. Motivation lacking.
r.jean

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monday
I forced myself to do 10 miles. I told myself I will not be able to say I am not motivated when the actual half-marathon day arrives. I made the distance the goal rather than the time. (First 7 miles pace average = 13:30. Last 3 miles I gave up and walked the whole time.). But I did it.
Also had a Green Day for food.

Tuesday
Did 2 miles at a brisk walk pace (15:48.) and 30 minutes weights.
Getting ready for volleyball now.
Merry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're in the midst of flooding too (thankfully not our property but a lot of places in town). Sad to see. Hang in there!

r.jean

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Merry! Our primary home only got some minor basement seepage, but we have an RV in a permanent spot in a recreational area which had to be relocated. Luckily we found a place fairly close and fairly inexpensive to take it. Now we are waiting for the water to go recede.

I ended up with a RED on Tuesday. I munched on cheese and crackers after dinner. My food choices were poor that day, lots of calories but not enough of the good kind of calories.

Wednesday was GREEN with decent food choices in spite of a buffet meal at a dinner theatre in the evening. Exercise was also GREEN.
r.jean

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thursday was green for exercise and NoS. Walked 3.5 miles at a relaxed pace. Obviously exercise is good and Vanilla NoS is fairly consistent. The problem is often poor food choice. I am working on it.
r.jean

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finishing up Friday with GREEN times 2. Five miles today. (3 at 39:07; 2 entirely walking). Almost blew my NoS but grabbed grapes instead of ice cream to round out my supper. I was craving something sweet!
Merry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

r.jean wrote:
Finishing up Friday with GREEN times 2. Five miles today. (3 at 39:07; 2 entirely walking). Almost blew my NoS but grabbed grapes instead of ice cream to round out my supper. I was craving something sweet!

Awesome save!

r.jean

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today is day one for me of the new week.
Last week "score card":
No S: Two yellow/S days; one red; 4 green
Exercise: Green seven days.
Met weights goal (3 times for 30 minutes)
Met total mileage goal (28 mile goal; 31 completed)
Came close to pace goal. (Goal is to time at least half of my miles at an average pace that is = or < 13 minute miles.). (Actual done was 15.5 miles @ 13:17)
Met goal of 10 mile distance once during the week.

Goals remain the same for this week but will concentrate on pace this week.

Today was an S day, but it was green for NoS. Nothing special going on and no special temptations came my way.
Green for exercise. Four miles and weights.
oolala53

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad for eating and pretty darn good for exercise.

r.jean

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks oolala! You and I are of similar age, and I have read your posts since I started in late 2010. I am envious of your BMI because I got to 29 and got complacent. Now that I am in my 60s, I am feeling those extra pounds more than before. I need/want to get to a BMI of 24.9. Right now I am losing slowly, about a pound every 2-3 weeks. This is perfect, but I will have to find motivation to maintain my level of exercise after I do my half marathon in September OR I will need to further adjust in food choices and/or plate size. I am strictly Vanilla No S, but as we all know, this does not mean piling our plates with poor choices or going hog wild every weekend.

Monday was Green for NoS and exercise (6 miles).
Today exercise is green (2 miles and weights are done. Volleyball at noon.)
r.jean

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Successful week.
NoS = One Yellow, Six green. The second Yellow day ended up being Green.
Exercise = Green times 7.

Met most exercise goals.
29 total miles.
15 miles at an average 12:30 pace.
Felt good about the improved pace.
14 miles untimed walking.
Weights 3 days; 30 minutes each.
Did not do a long mileage day. Seven miles was the longest.
r.jean

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started my week well on Sunday with a 9 mile long run. Pace was not the greatest with more walk breaks than I strive for, but it was adequate. I ate a lot Sunday. I did not fuel enough after the run which led to snacking and overeating later. Oh well it was an S day.

Monday was fine for exercise. Plenty of stretching and some weights. Unfortunately NoS was RED. I could not resist a Klondike bar for an evening snack.

Tuesday was green for exercise. 5 mile run, 1 mile walk, Volleyball.
RED again for food. Once again I did not eat enough earlier in the day to compensate for exercise so succumbed to evening snacking.

Wednesday was better. 3 mile run, 1 mile walk, weights. I balanced my meals better and stayed green for NoS

I am stepping up exercise as the half marathon gets closer. I am still slow but feeling good that I am tolerating the increase without being too tired. Weight is about the same.
oolala53

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some good observations. But you might surprise yourself once in awhile and not snack later even though you feel you didn't eat enough earlier. You can snack on your "reserves." I've still got a whole convenience store of reserves where the buttocks meet the thighs.

r.jean

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha Oolala! I have plenty reserves too!

Last week was great for exercise but not stellar for eating. I only had two greens. However, I had/helped host a 3 day camping weekend reunion that I took three S days for. It was wonderful.

The good thing is that the scale was only two pounds up on Monday after all that eating. I can fluctuate that much on any given day. I checked today and it is back to "my" normal.

I am starting out well this week on exercise but still struggling with some snacking. Monday was green I think. The fact that I cannot remember means I probably just followed routine.

Yesterday I got busy and did not get lunch. I had an early dinner and planned on allowing an evening snack due to the missed lunch. Unfortunately, I went for the sherbet rather than a healthy snack. Disordered eating combined with a lot of exercise leads to cravings! RED.

Today I am planning my three meals in my head right now so that I can get some consistency. Being retired means I can usually plan as I go, but I get in trouble when my schedule gets super busy like it has been.
r.jean

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last week was busy. I think I had one yellow, two reds, and four greens. Saturday was an S day, but it was green.

Exercise continues to interfere with normal eating. I ran twenty miles this week, did weights twice, volleyball twice, and 105,000 steps on my watch. I am still feeling behind on half marathon training but improving. Did a 7 mile run with a younger family member at a decent pace (for me).

The problem continues to be the eating structure. I eat a yogurt or banana before longer runs and the rest of my breakfast after the run. I call that meal one. I am usually am not overly hungry at lunch and just eat a normal lunch. Yet by supper I am really hungry and I eat too much or snack after supper.

I think maybe I should just go to a four meal structure on really heavy exercise days. I am Vanilla No S but maybe this calls for an exception.

Today is day one of the new week. It was an S day but not a crazy S day. Exercise was moderate with 30 minutes weights and 10,000 steps but no running.
oolala53

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about possibly dividing your dinner in some way to slow it down so that you don't snack later nor eat much more? I mean, it seems a shame to lose out on the calorie deficit.

r.jean

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was sort of thinking along the same lines Oolala. I divide my breakfast sometimes so why not divide my supper? I am failing because I am truly hungry, and eating a more generous plate for dinner is not working. So make the more generous plate but save part of it.

I already log my exercise, but I think I will try to write down everything I eat for just one week to get an honest look at my choices. I love NoS because I am horrible at any sort of food tracking, but I think I can make myself do it for a week. No measuring or calories, just descriptions.
r.jean

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be my one week log of food. I will just edit with updates.

Sunday was an S day. Did not log food.

Monday:
BF: Greek yogurt pre-run (6.5 miles)
Boiled egg, small low sodium V8, one piece wheat toast with PB after run.
Lunch: Sandwich: turkey/roast beef/provolone/tomato/onion on wheat (moderate size), celery sticks with cream cheese, corn on cob with spray butter
Supper: 3 tacos (I put a banana on my plate also but held it back as a safeguard if I get hungry.)
Other: Two glasses of red wine
Other: Over 22,000 steps on my watch. (Includes the earlier run.)
I was pretty hungry today, but it came earlier in the day this time. I am satisfied for now and do not need the banana.
GREEN

Thursday

Tuesday:
Early morning trip to gym for weights.
BF: Boiled egg, Greek yogurt, Banana, One slice Wheat toast with PB, cup of milk. I worked a half day today which meant breakfast was earlier than normal, and lunch was late because of volleyball at noon right after work. Therefore I ate my breakfast in two stages, saving the milk and PB Toast until late morning.
Lunch: Three tacos.
Supper: Sandwich (See lunch Monday). Low fat kettle cooked chips.
Other: Two glasses of red wine
Over 9000 steps on watch. No running. Watch comes off for volleyball.

GREEN
Wednesday:
2.5 mile run
BF: Boiled egg, Greek yogurt, Banana, One Wheat toast with PB
Worked full day today, and we eat lunch with the students.
Hamburger (no bun), green beans, potato wedges (ate half), milk
Supper: Two open face sandwiches with wheat toast, veggie burger, provolone. Hash browns. This seemed like a lot so I looked at the sandwich calories, and each sandwich was only 240 calories.
Over 15,000 steps on watch.
GREEN

Thursday:
6 mile run
BF: 2 eggs, Greek yogurt
Lunch: turkey/roast beef sandwich (same as above), corn on the cob
Dinner: Birthday party. 3 tacos, bowl of ice cream
Over 19,000 steps
GREEN with Birthday S treat

Friday:
RED Alert. Very disordered day.
Weights at gym
McD egg mcmuffin and hash browns.
Worked today so cafeteria food plus a treat of fresh salsa and chips. The food choices were pretty unhealthy and unsatisfying today. I ate:
Three chips with salsa.
Two bites of a hot dog (no bun)
Two bites of corn.
Most of a serving of macaroni and cheese (surprisingly good).
Milk
Supper was also "out": Grilled cheese, fries, pasta salad
Rolle Bolle league all evening.
This was an up early and to bed late day. It was non stop. At the end I had a mini binge of a dessert empanadas from a neighbor, two slices of Swiss cheese, and potato chips.
I meant to plan my food better because I knew how busy today would be, but it has been busy all week. I just did not get it done.
Over 10,000 steps on watch

Saturday:
6.5 mile run
BF: Greek yogurt and banana.
Lunch at another birthday party: plate of pizza, ice cream
Supper at a Street fest: grilled tenderloin on bun, shared order of fries, light beer.
GREEN with Birthday S treat
Over 20,000 steps
r.jean

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Writing everything down for this week was informative and would be a good thing to do occasionally. However, it is too time consuming to do all the time.

I had One S day, One Red day, Three Green days, and Two days that were Green with the exception an S treat.

I learned that advance meal planning on days I know will be a challenge needs to be a priority.

I learned that eating out can trigger bad eating the rest of the day. This mainly applies when eating fast food or cafeteria food which can be avoided. Some cafeteria food is fine, but I need to check the menu and bring food some days.

I am doing a better job of splitting meals surrounding exercise to keep my body more satisfied.

NoS has made me desire more appetizing and satisfying food. Fast food, junk food, etc are not appetizing or satisfying. If I eat unsatisfying food, I just keep eating regardless of whether or not I am hungry. Perhaps looking for something that tastes good, not just fills the stomach?
oolala53

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF I may: If I'm terribly rushed, I can always gather some salad greens and crudite-type veggies (that I keep on hand) into a bag or container to supplement with convenience food out. I usually eat only half of serving of fast food along with my veggies and maybe fruit.

I rarely eat more than one starch at any meal anymore. Rarely the equivalent of more than a cup. Maybe on S days. Like today, I"m going to an Indian cooking class at which fresh chapatis will be made from an astounding $1200 machine! And I'll have some of the rice that will inevitably be cooked.

You had only one crazy day. It still wouldn't have been ideal as an S day but it would have been a "success" in the short run.

No matter how much after convenience food out I am drawn to more of the same later in the day, I know I will be happier later if I go against the urge and have something much less dense. The veggie or salad offerings don't always sound that good, but I've always been glad later that I opted for them along with maybe ONE dense carby or fat thing. More than that and I have to contend with that dense feeling on the inside, unless the volume is really really low.

I"m probably saying plenty you already know. Forgive me if I'm pointing out the obvious. It's not like you're a newbie!

r.jean

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Oolala! A reminder of the options. Pointing out the obvious as a reminder is never a bad idea!. You are right that we know what we should do, but we do not always do it.

I bought a bunch of veggies (celery, peppers, grape tomatoes, etc ) to clean up and have ready on the run, but I never got them ready. I also generally can grab boiled eggs, Greek yogurt, cheese, PB sandwich, etc, but I did not. 😔

I have some food ready for tomorrow. I am working again and plan on taking it for an option if lunch is like it was Friday, but I prefer eating what the students eat if possible. Usually I can find something redeeming to eat in their menu. Friday was an exception. The bag lunch can be used at supper if necessary.

Last edited by r.jean on Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
r.jean

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunday is an S day but was green.
4 miles running. Weights at gym.

Monday was green. I worked and ate pizza (small piece) and salad and mandarin oranges for lunch. Much better cafeteria food than Friday. My supper was rather large but within the rules.
No running or gym but fit walking in whenever I could. Watch was just short of 10,000 steps.

Tuesday was also green. I ran 10.1 miles at 2:04:33. I finally feel like I can do the half marathon in September. My goal is to finish under three hours. I am pretty much there but need to build on my stamina so I can do the last 3 miles. Surprisingly enough, I did not overeat today, like I do sometimes after long runs. In hindsight, lunch food choices may been more satisfying and may have staved off later overeating. I ate out for lunch and had a moderate size patty melt and corn nuggets (sweet corn inside a batter and fried; sort of like fried mushrooms except small and round). This may seem like a poor choice under normal circumstances, but it was what I craved and probably what I needed at the time.
r.jean

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My week deteriorated Wednesday. At work, we had a snack in class. One of the students brought one to me, and I took it. I was not even thinking. Once I had it, it would have been awkward not to eat it because the rule about snacks is that they are consumed in the classroom and not taken for later. So do not take one if you do not want it right then. I was hungry, and I ate a 130 calorie bag of veggie straw crisps. Later in the day, I made indulgent choices for supper, an ate sherbet for dessert. I reverted to that old habit of thinking I blew the day anyway so why not. RED!
Exercise was weights and getting some steps in, over 10,000.

Thursday was better. Green. Volleyball and 1.5 mile quick run before work. Over 10,000 steps.

It is a new month with a holiday weekend looming. I feel a renewed commitment. Obviously, my exercise is good, but my food choices still need a lot of work.
oolala53

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, we've all done it. Getting back to the habit after "tripping the wire" is one of the skills we all need to develop.

At the same time: How big was the snack you took? Would it have fit in a napkin? How bad would it really have been if you broke one of the rules this time? If you had said, "I'm really sorry, but I took this without thinking, and I'm not willing to eat it. Would anyone else like it?" Or just crush it in a napkin and throw it away? We don't have to be weirdos for No S but we also don't have to adhere to overeating pressures. I too don't like to waste food but I honestly don't think of most processed carbs as real food anymore. And it isn't as if you would have made it a habit. In fact, it probably would have made you hyperaware next time. But maybe you will be anyway.

Anyway, mark it and move on works, too. Maybe even better. I wish we could test that !

r.jean

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Oolala!
The snack I had at school was not a big problem until I turned it into a problem by continuing to break the rules as the day went on. The snack was close to lunch so I could have just counted it as part of my lunch and pared something off my planned lunch accordingly. Instead I compounded the problem. This is a lingering habit from the days of all or nothing thinking. "The day is ruined, so I might as well just start over tomorrow." Sound familiar to anyone?

This is a reason to be hyper aware and to "build a fence around the rules" as Reinhard terms it.

Friday last week went better. I was interrupted after eating a small part of my lunch and took off to help someone. By the time I got time to eat it was close to supper, and I just ate my supper. I had an active day including weights at the gym, a 5 mile run, housework and errands. Of course I was really hungry a couple hours after supper. So. I ate my leftover sandwich that I missed at lunch and called it good. That may be technically Red I suppose but to me it was Green.

The holiday weekend was more indulgent than I like on my S days with about 10,000 steps a day on my watch but nothing vigorous. I felt sluggish by Monday but had a Green Day with an 8 mile run.

I then continued to lapse this week with a minor red on Tuesday and a major red Wednesday. Exercise was okay but minimal (for me) on Wednesday.

Time to reboot.
oolala53

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, yes, WTH is the close-second villain. Small fails are not good but small fails and WTH are pretty close to misery. Spare yourself misery!

I think you could also allow that you can exercise a lot during a day and not necessarily get more hungry later. I've had days on which I've exercised way more than usual and felt even less hunger later. Just be sure it's real hunger and not just your expectation (since you said, OF COURSE I felt hungry later. Not necessarily.)

r.jean

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I continued to struggle last week with disordered eating. It was a busy hectic week, and I really have no idea what I ate Thursday-Saturday. I think some of my No S habits are so ingrained that even when I do not do well, I still do way better than my pre No S days. I also managed to put my exercise regimen first, and I planned around it. I think I only had two Green Day's last week (ended Saturday)

This week is definitely better. I ran/walked 13.1 miles Sunday to prove to myself I am ready for the half marathon in two weeks. I also stayed under 3 hours (2:53). I also had a Green Day. As you noted Oolala, I was not that hungry right after, but by 7 pm I was ravenous. I had a dinner plate full of pizza, but not stacked or hanging over the edges.

Today I have a cold. I did weights and got over 10,000 steps. It was also a Green Day. Not great food choices but Green.

I weighed myself today, and I am one pound below the weight I have been maintaining. I must be doing something right.

I am relieved that the hard training for the half marathon is over. The next two weeks will be milder shorter runs and concentrating on eating healthier, pre-race wind down.
r.jean

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cold turned into full blown bronchitis and sinus infection. I waited too long to go to the doctor and am still struggling to recover. Half-marathon in one week. I am resting and hoping for recovery.

Pretty much S all week. I consider sick days S days. When I am sick I eat when I am hungry. I tend to eat small amounts but more frequently. I was 2 lbs under maintenance weight at the doctor.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: