Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ironchef mostly weekly check in
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ironchef

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ladies! Yes, I am disappointed at the waste of government time and money (Dept of Commerce investigation, Magistrates Court and she made a false report of police corruption that we had a call about from a senior Sergeant). I am always reading news about some poor person who had to wait hours for police to attend after a burglary, and yet all these resources are being spent chasing down a fantasy world. Sigh.

The Registrar unfortunately has no powers to dismiss a case, so the next step in the process is to go before a judge. We are hopeful that he or she will dismiss the case quickly once they see the situation. If our tenant behaves again as she did in mediation I suppose she could find herself in contempt of court.

Anyway, I'm hoping to forget all about it until December - fingers crossed!!

In positive news, still green all this week, and did weights yesterday and cycled to work today (Friday). I am continuing to just let myself enjoy the current upswing and not analyse it too much Smile

A very happy weekend to all!
oolala53

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not analysing is a wise move, I think. (I bow to your spelling.)

There is no S better than Vanilla No S.
ironchef

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This makes me laugh oolala, I am always using Australian English spellings (analyse, organise, neighbour, etc) and getting myself picked up by online spell checkers, which I think use US English or some form of international spelling.

It seems at 38 I am able to change my eating habits, but my spelling habits are just too ingrained Smile
oolala53

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think spelling variations are valid. Just like SOMETIMES for you-know-what.

Merry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oolala53 wrote:
I think spelling variations are valid.

Shakespeare did too! But apparently not Webster...

1 year and counting!

28.5 lbs. down, 34.5 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.

"Surrender to the sensible." - Yellowtulips
"Believe conquering sweets is doable." - Oolala
oolala53

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just depends on where the dictionary is published. You won't find "analyze" as a valid option in the Cambridge English dictionary, I think. Anyone know?

ironchef

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My lowest key weekend for a long time. Apart from a dessert after roast lunch with the family on Saturday, not really many S treats. And that's fine with me.

Green so far today (Monday). I cycled in today along the river, just beautiful. So peaceful, ducks, swans and pelicans everywhere. Also very pleased to see lots of new trees being planted on the foreshore. Really loving my city at the moment.
Merry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ironchef wrote:
My lowest key weekend for a long time. Apart from a dessert after roast lunch with the family on Saturday, not really many S treats. And that's fine with me.

Green so far today (Monday). I cycled in today along the river, just beautiful. So peaceful, ducks, swans and pelicans everywhere. Also very pleased to see lots of new trees being planted on the foreshore. Really loving my city at the moment.

Sounds beautiful! Congrats on a low-key weekend too Smile

1 year and counting!

lpearlmom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a great weekend. Envious of your bike riding. Way too hot here !

Instagram "lpearlmom"
ironchef

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we've been lucky, with a very mild and rain free start to the Winter. 24 and sunny, woohoo (except if you are a farmer).

Wed today and still green so far this week. Happy to ride this wave as far as it will take me, and hopefully in future if.when things are tough this will be something to look back on and remind myself of.
ironchef

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ended the week green, then a relatively large weekend, especially Sunday (scones with jam and cream afternoon tea at my parents' place). Anyway, back to green today (Monday).

I have caught a cold from my kids, so exercise not really happening at the moment while I try to recover.
Elyssa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ironchef:
Hope you feel better soon & sounds like your week and weekend went well.
Scones with jam & creamy tea sounds like a perfect winter-time S Day treat to me! Cheers, Elyssa

"No S" has become the life-changing answer to my agonizing questions around food...

Trust in the wisdom of structure.
oolala53

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scones and tea sound good to me right now.

ironchef

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green mostly this week, but red yesterday - a hazelnut wafer after dinner with the kids. I am still pretty ill and so are the kids, so no one is sleeping well - fun!

No exercise at all, as I'm barely managing normal life with this hacking cough.

Other news: I made contact with aged care mental health services in our city, and asked for help for our tenant. They have been out to see her, and she has refused to speak to the nurse or doctor who were there to make an assessment to see if she qualifies for assistance / housing / additional services. They have no powers to compel her to have an assessment, so there is nothing further we can do. I feel better knowing we have done our best to get help for her. From here I feel we can move towards our court date (now set for September) with a clear conscience.
Merry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's too bad that she wouldn't talk to them. I hope your cough gets better soon!

1 year and counting!

ironchef

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing Winter Solstice dinner last night - quail, truffle, salmon, just epic. Will not weigh today, will wait for Monday Smile

Brilliant news - the Dept of Housing has been able to offer our tenant a unit, similar to ours. She'll have a lower rent, access to aged care services on site and she will be gone from our place!! Yay! I'm so pleased that all my phone calls and emails have ended up getting her this placement.

On the downside, she wants us to waive all penalties for breaking the lease early, but while she is happy to ask us for this expensive favour she is insistent that she still wants us in court in September to try to get money off us. At this point I've told our agent to just give her what she wants and get her out, but I'm still amazed at her cheek. I wouldn't have the guts to ask someone for a financial favour while I was suing them.

Anyway, everyone I've spoken to said that the court will throw out a case like this, as all her applications are bizarre claims like we stole her colander, then broke in a second time and put it back, but in a different cupboard. No one seems to think a judge will give this crap the time of day.
oolala53

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meaning you can't make no penalties for breaking the lease contingent on her dropping the suit and relinquishing all rights to sue in the future? How is she affording an attorney? Or maybe I forgot that she is representing herself.

But this is still better than it was. Whew.

Last edited by oolala53 on Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
kaalii

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ironchef wrote:

bizarre claims like we stole her colander, then broke in a second time and put it back, but in a different cupboard.

omg! lol!! Very Happy

i'm glad this weid story is coming to a happy end...
in it for maintenance and, more importantly, sanity!!
ironchef

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't been very consistent lately - mostly ok, but small fails almost every day. I am finally shaking off my cough, so that will help.

I keep on trying for those greens. I'm off tomorrow for a school holiday camping trip with my kids, so no electronics for 5 days. Will check in when I get back, hopefully with a bit more energy and motivation to get back on track properly. Especially with exercise, which has gone by the wayside lately while we were all ill.

Yes, oolala, you have it right, our tenant wants to reserve the right to pursue us in future for cash etc, and doesn't want any of the favours we do her now to be contingent upon her dropping the magistrate court case. In one of her submissions she has stated "they own two real estate [sic] and still cry foul". In her mind I guess we don't have mortgages or dependent children, so none of this should matter to us.

She is now asking us for a signed letter guaranteeing her a zero cost break lease. This is difficult, because we have yet to have final inspection and I don't want to cloud a bond money issue if things are damaged. We have already agreed to waiving advertising costs, and waiving the lost rental costs until it is re-tenanted. But somehow, she needs more. I guess because she is the kind of person who would sue for all she can get, she assumes we are too. What she doesn't understand is that I don't WANT to be involved in court cases with her at all. If I never see her again it will be too soon.

She is representing herself in court, as no lawyers are allowed in small claims unless one of you is a company or you are a lawyer yourself. She is, however, availing herself of free advice via the tenant's hotline in our state, so I think that may be where her legalese is coming from. Of course the person on the hotline can only advise based on the stories our tenant tells, and who knows what she has told them? Unfortunately free advice is not available for landlords, as we of course are all swimming in our Scrooge McDuck money pool and thus can afford lawyers. As you can tell I am becoming a bit cynical about this situation.
oolala53

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad luck. It does sound as if it isn't a permanent situation.

Aren't there any online landlord groups that share info?

Merry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ironchef wrote:
Amazing Winter Solstice dinner last night - quail, truffle, salmon, just epic. Will not weigh today, will wait for Monday Smile

Brilliant news - the Dept of Housing has been able to offer our tenant a unit, similar to ours. She'll have a lower rent, access to aged care services on site and she will be gone from our place!! Yay! I'm so pleased that all my phone calls and emails have ended up getting her this placement.

On the downside, she wants us to waive all penalties for breaking the lease early, but while she is happy to ask us for this expensive favour she is insistent that she still wants us in court in September to try to get money off us. At this point I've told our agent to just give her what she wants and get her out, but I'm still amazed at her cheek. I wouldn't have the guts to ask someone for a financial favour while I was suing them.

Anyway, everyone I've spoken to said that the court will throw out a case like this, as all her applications are bizarre claims like we stole her colander, then broke in a second time and put it back, but in a different cupboard. No one seems to think a judge will give this crap the time of day.

Great news!

People don't usually think of "businesses" in personal ways--she may not even realize that waiving the "penalties" actually "costs" you (a person) money or that the penalties are there because her actions affect you financially (that there is a "price" to pay for those actions). She doesn't sound real balanced anyway if she thinks you're breaking in to steal her colander! But I hope the court will just throw it out. Crazy case.

1 year and counting!

lpearlmom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy, being a landlord is so stressful! We finally got a property manager because I just couldn't deal. It's actually pretty cheap (at least here) and has really been worth it for us.

Hoping it all goes away soon & you guys can put this behind you.

Instagram "lpearlmom"
ironchef

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all! I'm sure it will very soon be put to bed.

Just back for 5 days in the beautiful south west with my family. Back to work (and N day!) today, Monday 10th.

Now we're fully recovered from coughs and colds, time to get serious about exercise again. Cycling to work and weights at home seems to be the easiest, so that's where I'll start. For now, I'm going to start with doing at least 1 thing (whether cycle or other) on every N day.
oolala53

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently took a road trip with a friend from Minneapolis through Utah. She spent 10days here in San Diego, then drove back, this time with her mom. She hit terrible heat that kept us and them from spending much time out of the car to enjoy the feel of the environment in addition to the visuals. Such a shame. What about you? Did you not get affected so much?

ironchef

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in the South West of Western Australia (about 3 hours drive south of my home here in Perth, WA), in a little area called Margaret River. It's winter here, but pretty mild, so apart from a bit of rain our time in the bush was lovely.

I've read about the incredible heatwave you have been enduring (planes that can't fly!). What a shame for your friend.
oolala53

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duh! How US-centric of me to assume you meant our southwest! All I had to do to remind myself was look under your username. Your trip sounds fulfilling in more than one way.

Have a great green week. Mr. Green

ironchef

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, I usually try to edit my posts for "international clarity", as I know most posters are in the northern hemisphere Smile I wrote my post vacation update a bit too quickly!

Green yesterday, but a heavy dinner plate as it was late and I was very hungry! Green so far today, and walked to work.

Man the work cookie barrel is looking tempting today, but I am going to get a cup of tea and stay clear!
ironchef

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phew, a bit of an overeating Sunday afternoon - a big group for afternoon tea, with ginger cake, chocolate truffles, muffins, oh my! Definitely overdid it.

Very pleased to be back to an N day today!
ironchef

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, bit of funny business yesterday evening - ate a bit of egg and noodle with the kids, then a small plate of kangaroo sausage and mash with my husband. I could try to hand wave it away as "virtual plating", but I'm going to call it a red, because it felt like one.

Today, aiming for the letter of the law!

Also, cycled to work - woot! Back to exercise at last Smile
ironchef

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wed - run, Thurs - cycled to work.

Also green!

Very pleased that I'm finally getting back to some exercise. I wrote out a planned schedule for the next few months and stuck it on our fridge. This is both to keep me accountable and so that mr. chef can see what I have planned and help me stay on track. Also, he can see when I might need some time to complete something - i.e. if I want to do a run on a Sunday morning, I will need him to be home with the kids.
ironchef

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugh, spoke to soon. Had a nasty headache this afternoon and needed something in my stomach in order to take medication. Nothing with me, so had a cookie from the work jar. Bleugh.
oolala53

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot, that was a bit of bad luck, but Sick days are exempt. If you didn't use the cookie as an excuse for more, you're ahead of the game.

lpearlmom

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job with the exercise! Sorry about the headache situation but overall looks like you're doing great!

Instagram "lpearlmom"
ironchef

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ladies!. I really don't feel like I'm doing to great, but perhaps that's just due to a big Friday night and overeating weekend. Three days can feel like a looong time when you are stuffed full!

I did still do my planned run on Sunday, and cycled to work today.

Eating on the other hand is all over the place. So, here is my Monday mid-morning commitment: I will wait until lunchtime and then eat my one plate lunch. Then I will not have anything else until dinner time, and will have my one plate dinner.

I'll deal with Tuesday later!

A little "self pep talk": I am lucky to have a beautiful healthy family and an incredible and supportive husband. We live in an great community in an amazing and stable part of the world. We are blessed to be surrounded by an overabundance of food, and managing how I deal with that surplus is in some ways a lucky problem to have. Don't get gloomy, get motivated!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: