Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chanda's Daily Check In

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChandaLikePanda

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:48 am    Post subject: Chanda's Daily Check In Reply with quote

Hello! I just read about this diet. It sounds great, nice and simple, no calorie counting or restriction of foods. I've tried A LOT of other diets over the years and I'm pretty sick of dieting.

Since I am starting on an S day I won't record any food, I'll start that on Monday.

I'm really looking forward to this!

Height: 5'4"
Starting Weight: 180
Current Weight: 180
Goal Weight: Ultimately 120, but we'll see what happens.
gingerpie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome. This is a wonderful lifestyle and I think you'll really enjoy it. Just to be clear: you're not required too post your food here. People do it because they find it helpful but you can use the boards in whatever fashion is most useful to you. Good luck in your adventure.
splandrea

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite thing about no s is that I am not required to track food at all!
LOL!

Anyway, welcome! This is essentially the most brilliant weight loss strategy ever because it trains you to eat normally so you don't have to regain the weight you lose, and it isn't really restrictive. Plus, you never have to count anything ever again. My biggest issue is the slow weight loss, but I know that this is the only way to get down and stay down forever. Smile
ChandaLikePanda

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, ladies, for the warm welcome! Smile

So this is day one for me, not quite over. I've been reading through the posts and seeing how everyone handles their habits and such. I feel a bit free since I am starting on an S day, Sunday... I feel inclined to post what I ate, just to sort of keep a record of what works for me and what doesn't. I work four days a week, Tuesday through Friday, and the other three I am off and at home with my three little boys. I think Mondays will be my hardest N day, since Saturday and Sunday are pretty free, and then other other N days will be spent at work. My issue is definitely at home snacking.

Day 1 (so far): Breakfast was three slices of french toast with butter and syrup. Four cups of Bengal Spice tea with sugar and cream. Two pieces of chocolate fudge layer cake. One cup of blueberry kefir... Edited to add a bowl of frosted mini wheats cereal with milk, a bowl of cherries, two hot dogs on white bread with ketchup... I think I'm done for the day. My eating schedule is all over the place... Need to work on fixing that.

Also, the scale fluctuated down two pounds since I weighed myself yesterday. I expect it will go up tomorrow.

Last edited by ChandaLikePanda on Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Merry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! I hope your first week goes well Smile.

28.5 lbs. down, 34.5 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.

"...slim cultures...value not overeating. They don't eat more of a food just because it's good. They enjoy the food more."--Oolala
ChandaLikePanda

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Merry! Smile I hope so, too.
Whosonfirst

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChandaLikePanda wrote:

So this is day one for me, not quite over. I've been reading through the posts and seeing how everyone handles their habits and such. I feel a bit free since I am starting on an S day, Sunday... I feel inclined to post what I ate, just to sort of keep a record of what works for me and what doesn't. I work four days a week, Tuesday through Friday, and the other three I am off and at home with my three little boys. I think Mondays will be my hardest N day, since Saturday and Sunday are pretty free, and then other other N days will be spent at work. My issue is definitely at home snacking.

Day 1 (so far): Breakfast was three slices of french toast with butter and syrup. Four cups of Bengal Spice tea with sugar and cream. Two pieces of chocolate fudge layer cake. One cup of blueberry kefir... Edited to add a bowl of frosted mini wheats cereal with milk, a bowl of cherries, two hot dogs on white bread with ketchup... I think I'm done for the day. My eating schedule is all over the place... Need to work on fixing that.

Also, the scale fluctuated down two pounds since I weighed myself yesterday. I expect it will go up tomorrow.

Welcome CLP. That was one impressive breakfast, but after all, it is an S day. I'd probably need a nap afterwards.
ChandaLikePanda

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whosonfirst wrote:
ChandaLikePanda wrote:

Welcome CLP. That was one impressive breakfast, but after all, it is an S day. I'd probably need a nap afterwards.

Haha! No, just the french toast and tea were for breakfast... The rest I ate throughout the day. Snacking is okay on S days, right?
Whosonfirst

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, haha. I read that as breakfast, and had my first real laugh of the day, since I love choc. cake myself.
ChandaLikePanda

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUCCESS!

Today I missed breakfast.

Lunch was a Southwestern Grilled Chicken Salad from McDonald's.

Dinner was fried potatoes with two fried eggs on top, two strips of bacon, two pieces of toast with strawberry cream cheese, and a handful of cherries.

In between I had cups of herbal tea, only two of them had sugar and cream, so not too bad for my first N day!
ChandaLikePanda

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Failure Sad

Managed to get breakfast this morning! 1 cup old fashioned oatmeal with diced apple, cinnamon and 1% milk (1% because that's all we have in the house right now, I would have preferred whole milke) with a cup of chamomile tea.

I work today, so not sure how lunch will go. And dinner is usually pretty late on days that I work because I get off pretty late... Hopefully I will be able to stick to N day rules.

My weight was at 179 this morning. I expect my weight to fluctuate quite a bit through this, but trying to not let it set my mood for the day. I wonder if I should hide the scale and only weigh once a week.

At work for lunch I had an Asian salad, some cherries, and some yogurt pretzels.

I ended up snacking on yogurt pretzels AS I was making dinner... I was just so hungry. And I asked my husband to get me a decaf iced white mocha from Starbucks, because I was seriously craving that coffee taste (I haven't had a cup of coffee for eleven days, because I'm giving up caffeine.) Hence the failure at the beginning of the post. Oh well, I'll do better tomorrow.

Dinner was rotini pasta with marinara meat sauce and garlic bread.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: