Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Special Day Question - Shake Day At Work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobinM

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Special Day Question - Shake Day At Work Reply with quote

Hi! I'm brand new and excited to be doing this! I am just getting started and I am ALREADY stressing over a special day question...
It's HOT here and my workplace is holding a "Shake off the Heat!" event on Thursday Aug 10 and selling milkshakes.
Does this count as a special day?
My workplace often has food or food-related events. Which count as "special enough"? Question
MaggieMae

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome! I think the book says you can have up to two s days a month on top of weekends to use for special days. I'd say its up to you if you think milkshake day is worth using your s day. Personally, milkshakes are my favorite thing so I'd be all over that! Haha. You can also take an S event.... Keep your day like a normal n day but all he shake. If you decide to have the shake,enjoy it and don't feel guilty!
Merry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You get to decide Smile. As MaggieMae said, you can have up to two NWS days per month. I think a special work celebration would be worth it to me unless I had other special days planned for the month. Welcome, and enjoy!

1 year and counting!

28 lbs. down, 35 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.

"Surrender to the sensible." - Yellowtulips
"Believe conquering sweets is doable." - Oolala
oolala53

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did you do? I was rooting for your NOT making it an S day. It's too easy for work to be a place for multiple reasons to justify S's. But it was your call.

There is no S better than Vanilla No S.
RobinM

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shake Day is this week and I'm NOT going to consider it an S day. They are always having events at work and if I start thinking of them all as special days, I won't make any progress. If I really want a shake I'll wait for the weekend and walk up to my local ice cream parlor and get my favorite kind.
Merry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobinM wrote:
Shake Day is this week and I'm NOT going to consider it an S day. They are always having events at work and if I start thinking of them all as special days, I won't make any progress. If I really want a shake I'll wait for the weekend and walk up to my local ice cream parlor and get my favorite kind.

Sounds like a great plan! Yes, it really makes a difference if it's truly a special occasion or something that happens frequently.

1 year and counting!

28 lbs. down, 35 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.

"Surrender to the sensible." - Yellowtulips
"Believe conquering sweets is doable." - Oolala

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: