Race day S or N day?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

healthyskillz

Race day S or N day?

Post by healthyskillz » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:22 pm

Hey everyone,

I feel a bit stupid for posting this and I'm probably too late but I just can't seem to make a decision.

Tomorrow evening (Monday) I'm going to run a 4 mile race. I just don't know how to structure my eating... I usually run 2-3 hrs after my last meal but the race is at 7:30 pm and due to work won't be able to eat dinner earlier than 6, which is way too late. I could call it an S day and have a little pre-race snack before and some sort of dinner after but I've already had so many S days in August, sigh...

Any thoughts or experiences? I'm used to running but just never at that time of day...
"Not giving up = winning!" // healthyskillz.tumblr.com
F/30-ish. BED recovered. Mod: pre-dinner fruit.

Merry

Post by Merry » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:05 am

Could you do two half-dinners? Think in terms of a "full plate" and what you would normally eat quantity-wise, but divide it in half to work around your race schedule.
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:56 pm

If I do a long run in the morning, I split my breakfast into a small part pre-run and the rest post run. I do the same thing any time exercise or something else interferes with my normal three meal schedule. I am pretty much Vanilla NoS, but I allow myself this small mod.
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.

healthyskillz

Post by healthyskillz » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:13 am

Dear Merry and r.jean,

Thanks so much for your replies. It may seem simple but these little mods help me combat the "all or nothing" mindset which has been the foundation of my disordered eating for years. Unfortunately, I had to sign off the day as an S Day in the end due to a 'chocolate incident', but despite that one piece of chocolate I had, I stuck to the plan! That's progress for me, bc before I would just think "Oh well, I messed up anyway" and eat junk the rest of the day :lol:

Thanks again!
"Not giving up = winning!" // healthyskillz.tumblr.com
F/30-ish. BED recovered. Mod: pre-dinner fruit.

Merry

Post by Merry » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:27 am

healthyskillz wrote:Dear Merry and r.jean,

Thanks so much for your replies. It may seem simple but these little mods help me combat the "all or nothing" mindset which has been the foundation of my disordered eating for years. Unfortunately, I had to sign off the day as an S Day in the end due to a 'chocolate incident', but despite that one piece of chocolate I had, I stuck to the plan! That's progress for me, bc before I would just think "Oh well, I messed up anyway" and eat junk the rest of the day :lol:

Thanks again!
AWESOME! I think these kinds of successes are really important to note, because this IS a significant change in thought process.
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation