Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Race day S or N day?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
healthyskillz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Race day S or N day? Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

I feel a bit stupid for posting this and I'm probably too late but I just can't seem to make a decision.

Tomorrow evening (Monday) I'm going to run a 4 mile race. I just don't know how to structure my eating... I usually run 2-3 hrs after my last meal but the race is at 7:30 pm and due to work won't be able to eat dinner earlier than 6, which is way too late. I could call it an S day and have a little pre-race snack before and some sort of dinner after but I've already had so many S days in August, sigh...

Any thoughts or experiences? I'm used to running but just never at that time of day...

Blog >> healthyskillz . tumblr . com <<
Merry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you do two half-dinners? Think in terms of a "full plate" and what you would normally eat quantity-wise, but divide it in half to work around your race schedule.

28.5 lbs. down, 34.5 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.

"...slim cultures...value not overeating. They don't eat more of a food just because it's good. They enjoy the food more."--Oolala
r.jean

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I do a long run in the morning, I split my breakfast into a small part pre-run and the rest post run. I do the same thing any time exercise or something else interferes with my normal three meal schedule. I am pretty much Vanilla NoS, but I allow myself this small mod.
healthyskillz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Merry and r.jean,

Thanks so much for your replies. It may seem simple but these little mods help me combat the "all or nothing" mindset which has been the foundation of my disordered eating for years. Unfortunately, I had to sign off the day as an S Day in the end due to a 'chocolate incident', but despite that one piece of chocolate I had, I stuck to the plan! That's progress for me, bc before I would just think "Oh well, I messed up anyway" and eat junk the rest of the day Laughing

Thanks again!

Blog >> healthyskillz . tumblr . com <<
Merry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

healthyskillz wrote:
Dear Merry and r.jean,

Thanks so much for your replies. It may seem simple but these little mods help me combat the "all or nothing" mindset which has been the foundation of my disordered eating for years. Unfortunately, I had to sign off the day as an S Day in the end due to a 'chocolate incident', but despite that one piece of chocolate I had, I stuck to the plan! That's progress for me, bc before I would just think "Oh well, I messed up anyway" and eat junk the rest of the day Laughing

Thanks again!

AWESOME! I think these kinds of successes are really important to note, because this IS a significant change in thought process.

28.5 lbs. down, 34.5 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.

"...slim cultures...value not overeating. They don't eat more of a food just because it's good. They enjoy the food more."--Oolala

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: