I'm back...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Lilybug

I'm back...

Post by Lilybug » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:21 am

I started no s a few months ago being totally fed up with counting points and spending a good deal of time thinking and trying to motivate myself to lose weight. I really liked no s although I still had a hard time following the simple rules.

I guess I just gave up on trying altogether, because I just started eating what I want when I want. It hasn't worked out that well. I'm 185 lbs now and not fitting into my clothes.

I had a few thoughts of going back to weight watchers out of desperation to drop this weight fast, but came back to this site and read some posts here.

It makes so much sense. I started back yesterday. Again, no snacking is hard at times because I'm used to eating when I want- my meals are robust so I can make it to the next one without caving-

Wish me luck! :?

Bluebell

Post by Bluebell » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:32 am

Hi Lilybug and welcome back to NoS. Almost a year ago I was a very similar weight to you. I am now 28pounds lighter, and more importantly have gained so much freedom around food. I often quote this from the NoS book with regards to other diets:

"Ask yourself if you can imagine staying on a particular diet for the rest of your life. If not, don’t bother starting; it’s a waste of time and will."

I would urge you to give NoS a really good chance, I am sure it can help you both with physical and mental weight loss! :)
"You'll know where the North Star is ⭐️" - Oolala

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:50 am

Hi. Welcome back. I'm glad you knew where to come back to :wink:

Merry

Post by Merry » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:23 am

Bluebell wrote:
"Ask yourself if you can imagine staying on a particular diet for the rest of your life. If not, don’t bother starting; it’s a waste of time and will."
Yes! I repeat this to myself often because I KNOW it's true! I've tried plenty of diets, lost weight on them, and gained it all back and more when I stopped them! That yo-yo thing is NOT worth it! It's so easy to think "I'll lose and not gain it back..." but it just ain't so. Changes have to be permanent to keep weight off. What are we willing to live with? is a great question to ask!

Lilybug, check out the why did you leave-why did you come back thread--so much good food for thought in there!

Welcome back and best wishes to you!
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

ironchef

Post by ironchef » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:34 am

Welcome back! I look forward to reading about your progress :-)

Lilybug

Post by Lilybug » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:01 pm

Thanks! I have checked out the leave/back thread. It's pretty convincing.

Whosonfirst

Re: I'm back...

Post by Whosonfirst » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:15 am

Lilybug wrote:I started no s a few months ago being totally fed up with counting points and spending a good deal of time thinking and trying to motivate myself to lose weight. I really liked no s although I still had a hard time following the simple rules.

I guess I just gave up on trying altogether, because I just started eating what I want when I want. It hasn't worked out that well. I'm 185 lbs now and not fitting into my clothes.

I had a few thoughts of going back to weight watchers out of desperation to drop this weight fast, but came back to this site and read some posts here.

It makes so much sense. I started back yesterday. Again, no snacking is hard at times because I'm used to eating when I want- my meals are robust so I can make it to the next one without caving-

Wish me luck! :?
Welcome back. Clothes don't lie, they let us know if we're making progress as to weight. Sticking with Vanilla NoS can work, IF we give it a chance. Snacking has always been my toughest challenge as well. I feel for the bingers out there since I never had that problem. I haven't been on a scale in months, except for a Dr. visit last week, I like to let my clothes be the gauge. Good Luck.
https://twitter.com/SipeEngineering
Current weight(9/2020)-212 lbs.
Goal Weight- 205 lbs.
NoS Goal: >= 80% Success days