Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Samurai Gourmet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shuggernaut

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Samurai Gourmet Reply with quote

I recently "binged" on the Netflix original comedy-drama, Samurai Gourmet, and thought it would be worth mentioning here. It's a wonderful, heartfelt show, about a 60-year-old retiree, wandering the city, visiting different restaurants, and occasionally imagining how an ancient Samurai would have dealt with mundane-but-difficult situations. Or, as IMDb states, "A retired man searches for delectable delights to satisfy his stomach and his inner samurai's soul."

The scenes in which the dishes are prepared are practically guaranteed to make you hungry. Although this might not initially sound helpful in terms of dieting, I've found that the performances of Naoto Takenaka as he eats have actually helped me to more fully experience and enjoy the food I eat, as well. This increased mindfulness during the act of eating has, in turn, resulted in my needing less food to feel completely satisfied. Being aware of every bite, fully experiencing the appearance of the food, its taste, smell, texture, sound... I have found myself slowing down, enjoying more, and wanting less.

oolala53

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an aspect of slim cultures not emphasized much in the book, but common.

There is no S better than Vanilla No S.
Merry

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, I should tell my son about it!

28.5 lbs. down, 34.5 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.

"...slim cultures...value not overeating. They don't eat more of a food just because it's good. They enjoy the food more."--Oolala
Yacskkol

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this post very much.................Because it is a nice site for posting.so that i like to post in this forum with my heart and soul excitement........................
192.168.l.l

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: