is a pudding part of your meal (from Anna)

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

anna

is a pudding part of your meal (from Anna)

Post by anna » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:45 pm

Hi everyone,

I just love my puddings and wonder if a light pudding could be part of a meal (or is that pushing it?)

:) Anna

Eatin' Free

Post by Eatin' Free » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:20 pm

I'm new here, so I may be off base, but one of the things I was thinking of incorporating into my N days so I could more consistently eat breakfast was baked custards. My recipe is very low in sugar, and is mostly eggs and milk. Sugar on cereal is considered okay, so I thought the custards might be all right as well (about 2 teaspoons of sugar). (I'll save the chocolate custards for the S days! :D ) The only other sugar I'm keeping on N days is the teaspoon of sugar per mug of tea, twice a day. This is a HUGE change from my regular habits of cookies, chocolate, etc., in a perpetual graze from morning till night, so I guess I am not too worried about it at this level. But I am open to correction! :lol:

Peace, Valerie

nonskanse

Post by nonskanse » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:19 am

Hmm...

Try not having puddings as part of your meal and only enjoying them on the weekends for the first 21 days.

If you can't live without them more frequently (2 days is a lot of pudding!) then anything with reasonably low sugar in small amounts might be ok for you. This is different person to person.

For me, I really have to be strict the first 21 days (I'm on my 2nd try right now after a big move). If I let myself have one, I let myself have 2 soon... and that's no good!
"It's the perfect time of year
Somewhere far away from here"

pangelsue

Post by pangelsue » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:50 am

I agree. The less sugar the better Monday through Friday. I don't react as much to straight sugar as I do to starches. If I have a bagel for breakfast even a whole wheat bagel with peanut butter, I am starving within an hour. Pasta does the same thing. But I can have a small dollap of vanilla yogurt on my fruit in the morning with no ill effects. I think in general sugars and carbs are a call that has to be made on a personal level. Consider your goals and whether it helps you achieve them. Probably didn't directly answer your question but food for thought. (hey, food for thought is very, very low calorie!!!)
A lot of growing up happens between "it fell" and "I dropped it."

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:18 pm

I wouldn't have the pudding during the week, even if it's low in sugar it seems too desserty not to lead to more. It's not so much the pudding in itself as what it might lead too by blurring boundaries. But it's your call. I'd decide one way or the other so you don't agonize over it every time.

Reinhard