Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How can we live better?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gingerpie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: How can we live better? Reply with quote

Found this guy today: https://jamesclear.com/

Some of what he said resonated with me and thought someone else might find it beneficial. I bolded the most significant part to me.
Quote:
If you want to become significantly better at anything, you have to fall in love with the process of doing it. You have to fall in love with building the identity of someone who does the work, rather than merely dreaming about the results that you want.

Enjoy
Selcazare

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful quote. I definitely agree with it, and I think it applies to just about anything worth doing.
oolala53

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And to add to it, the process might not always be fun. Nearly all skill development involves some intense frustration with not getting it right coupled with the refusal to be stopped by the difficulty. It's accepted as part of the journey, but NOT accepted as reason to ultimately fail.

Which doesn't mean we're obligated to apply the effort to become a saint in all areas. Rolling Eyes Even beatification is not necessary!
Jan/12-26.8
Mar/13-24.9 Stayed at +/- 8-lb. for three years Sept/17 22.8 (but harder to maintain)
Dec/17 23.8

There is no S better than Vanilla No S.
Larkspur

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helpful link, thanks Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: