Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crystal's Daily Check In
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ironchef

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang in there Crystal, you are doing really well!

Sounds very sensible to wait a while, and then perhaps take stock of what other (moderate) changes you are willing to make long term.

I've recently taken stock of what's on my plates (and in my glasses) and made a few choices to reduce calories without counting. Mostly to drop the alcoholic beverages, and stop overfilling my dinner bowls - but I'm also dealing with some heartburn issues, so I have extra motivation for that.

The other thing (I may have missed this further back) is that if you feel you are truly eating moderately and that you don't want to make any other changes, are you moving moderately? Moderate exercise (urban rangering, etc) won't make a huge difference to your overall energy balance, but it can get things going again in the right direction. Plus it's just good for us Smile
SpiritSong

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, we're at a similar point with our thinking. Is it time to cut back already? Geez, I gave up snacks, sweets, and seconds, and now I have to change my meals?

Best of luck to you!
Crystal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Ironchef and SpiritSong. Thankfully, I finally lost another pound. What a relief to see the numbers go down a tiny bit again. I guess this should teach me to be a bit more patient and try not to get discouraged so easily. Just trust the process. Ironchef, to answer your question about exercise: Yes, I exercise, but maybe not as much as I should? I am doing about all I can handle at the moment, which is daily walks with my dog. 30 to 40 minutes 7 days per week. On those days when it’s raining and I can’t walk him, I do a 30 minute aerobics video from YouTube. So I do workout every single day. But most days, it’s just walking. I love wine but only drink a couple glasses every 2 or 3 months. If I do try to cut down calories, it will mainly be by cutting back on the amount of calorie dense food (as oolala calls it, I think-great description) and trying to eat lighter foods. I do eat a ton of veggies, but they are by no means the simply steamed variety, haha. I’m sure they are not light on calories. Stir-fry, creamy soups, baked but topped with butter, salads with real salad dressing, etc.

Yesterday and today (Tuesday and Wednesday) were both successes. Can’t believe tomorrow is Thursday. Looking forward to Saturday and the chocolate stash I have in my freezer. Gonna try to enjoy it without eating too much of it.
Current Weight: 246 (8 November 2017)
Initial Goal Weight: 190
Final Goal Weight: Wherever my weight eventually settles on No S.
SpiritSong

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on having the scale move for you! I think I have discovered that my dog walks aren't enough exercise to shock my body into releasing the weight. Crying or Very sad When I lost weight with No S the last time, I was doing at home workouts about six days per week. So something a little more intense may work for you.
Crystal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today (Thursday) was a success. Had a little full fat vanilla yogurt for breakfast. (The good yogurt here comes from Australia and man is it good!! I’ve tried a few and Dairy Farmers brand is my favourite so far. Love their lemon creme flavour and the carmalised fig flavour as well. But honestly, any full fat yogurt is amazing IMO.) Lunch and dinner were big salads with lettuce, cucumber, corn, vegetarian chicken nuggets and Japanese sesame dressing. Delicious and really fast to put together.
Crystal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today was a bit difficult and technically a fail, but not too bad. Had a lot going on and dealing with a lot of negative emotions. Had the urge to eat all day. I resisted the urge, for the most part, all day. I did have one of those bite size peanut butter cups. But I stopped at one. And at dinner, I had a vegetarian Indian set meal that came with a small portion of payasam, a soupy, milky dessert. Which I did eat because I can’t resist most Indian desserts and kind of justified it because it came with the meal, haha. Truthfully, I knew it wasn’t on plan to eat it, but I’d resisted so much all day that I just didn’t have the will to resist anymore. But it was just those 2 small failures and it could have been much worse. I don’t have too many of those days where I am so tempted all day. And interesting to see how much my craving to eat was directly tied to my having a bad day. Well, tomorrow is another day and thank goodness it’s Saturday.
Merry

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crystal wrote:
Today was a bit difficult and technically a fail, but not too bad. Had a lot going on and dealing with a lot of negative emotions. Had the urge to eat all day. I resisted the urge, for the most part, all day. I did have one of those bite size peanut butter cups. But I stopped at one. And at dinner, I had a vegetarian Indian set meal that came with a small portion of payasam, a soupy, milky dessert. Which I did eat because I can’t resist most Indian desserts and kind of justified it because it came with the meal, haha. Truthfully, I knew it wasn’t on plan to eat it, but I’d resisted so much all day that I just didn’t have the will to resist anymore. But it was just those 2 small failures and it could have been much worse. I don’t have too many of those days where I am so tempted all day. And interesting to see how much my craving to eat was directly tied to my having a bad day. Well, tomorrow is another day and thank goodness it’s Saturday.

I hope tomorrow is a better day! I always appreciate "small r" red days where we can see these kinds of successes--the behaviors that are different from how we might have responded in the past. Well done!

28.5 lbs. down, 34.5 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.

"...slim cultures...value not overeating. They don't eat more of a food just because it's good. They enjoy the food more."--Oolala
Crystal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much Merry! I really appreciate your kind words. ❤️

I’m really glad the weekend is over. I overindulged and felt gross. Went to bed last night with a stomach ache and woke up groggy. I didn’t even eat all that much, but I did have a few pieces of chocolate after lunch and also after dinner. Yesterday was not a good day in general and not eating moderately made me feel worse. Feeling so much better now, at the end of Monday. Had breakfast, lunch and dinner and was successful in not eating anything besides that. I had one cup of tea in the afternoon. I’m about to go walk the dog and then turn in by 10 hopefully. Which is super early for me. Feeling so much better also lately (besides a few yucky days these past 3 days) by making a real effort to get to bed earlier. Listened to a podcast today called Hidden Brain. The latest episode is all about sleep deprivation and how it’s much worse for a person than we could ever imagine. It’s a real effort to go to bed early in Singapore. It’s part of the culture here to go to bed so very late. Most everyone I know goes to bed anywhere from 12 to 2am. Some even later. And then get up early to go to work! I don’t know how they do it. Maybe that’s why everyone looks like they are in a bad mood on the public buses and trains, haha.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: