Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

when walking/running is a part of life(style)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Urban Ranger General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaalii

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: when walking/running is a part of life(style) Reply with quote

inspiring!!

http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/raramuri-runner-wins-puebla-ultramarathon/

Rarámuri runner wins Puebla ultramarathon

Indigenous woman ran the 50 kilometers wearing a skirt and very basic sandals

It has taken more than two weeks for the word to get out, but today the news is circulating quickly about a 22-year-old Rarámuri runner who won an ultramarathon April 29 in Puebla.

María Lorena Ramírez, considered one of the fastest long-distance runners from the Rarámuri indigenous community in Chihuahua, won the females’ 50-kilometer category of the Ultra Trail Cerro Rojo, in which 500 other runners from 12 countries participated.

But unlike her fellow contestants, Lorena completed the course with neither sports equipment nor professional preparation. For clothing she wore a skirt, hat and kerchief. For shoes, a pair of basic sandals with soles made from recycled tire rubber.

Carrying only a bottle of water, Lorena ran the 50 kilometers in seven hours and three minutes.

“She carried no special accessories,” said race organizer Orlando Jiménez. “She didn’t bring any gel, nor energy sweets, walking stick, glasses or those very expensive running shoes that everyone wears to run in the mountains. Just a bottle of water, her hat and a kerchief.”

A Puebla community website provided even more details.

Lorena ran “without a hydration vest, without running shoes, without Lycra and compression socks, without any of those gadgets used by the runners of today.”

Nor were her kilometers published by Nike or on Facebook, the site added.

Lorena, whose job is herding goats and cattle, walking 10-15 kilometers with her livestock every day, won second place last year in the 100-kilometer category of the Caballo Blanco ultramarathon in Chihuahua.

Running is in the family of the young woman from Guachochi. Her father, her grandfather and various brothers and sisters run, too. One brother also ran on April 29, both of them having been provided support by organizers so they could attend, traveling for more than two days from the Chihuahua town to Tlatlauquitepec, site of the event.

Lorena’s win was accompanied by 6,000 pesos in cash.
in it for maintenance and, more importantly, sanity!!
cmfong

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:29 am    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Hi , my name called CM, born from the United States. I'm a weight loss consultant and a senior nutritionist. I like to share my personal weight loss methods, diet experience and my healthy lifestyle to everyone. Below is my personal blog and welcome you to visit:
lesathomas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exercise is good to stay healthy. Many individuals are investing too much money in the gym. Go for walking which is a best exercise for burn calories with no cost.
Whosonfirst

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: SPAM Alert Reply with quote

cmfong wrote:
Hi , [b]my name called CM, born from the United States[/b]. I'm a weight loss consultant and a senior nutritionist. I like to share my personal weight loss methods, diet experience and my healthy lifestyle to everyone. Below is my personal blog and welcome you to visit:

Yea, sure you are. SPAM alert.

Add SPAM alert to post directly above this one as well. Since it links an AlertMeds.com website in the post.

lesathomas wrote

Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:42 am
Exercise is good to stay healthy. Many individuals are investing too much money in the gym. Go for walking which is a best exercise for burn calories with no cost.
cmfong

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:49 am    Post subject: Not spam Reply with quote

Hi whosonfirst. It not spam. I just introduce my self ya..dont misunderstand.
williamdavid413

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you ask them about their first wish then they will tell you about their weight loss desire. There are certain healthy ways to shed away those extra kilos. Weight loss is a process and it is important to understand that you have to be focused and make it as a habit of your daily living. If you skip your meals, don’t sleep well, start smoking and follow unhealthy lifestyle then it is possible that you can reduce some kilos but this is not a right way to do. Lose Weight Naturally

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Urban Ranger General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: