Splandrea's sporadic check-ins

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

splandrea

Splandrea's sporadic check-ins

Post by splandrea » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:41 pm

Hi everyone. I just wanted to get in on this checking in thing, a good place to review and stay accountable as well as to figure out where I am going wrong (if/when I go wrong...)

I started out at 255.4 pounds on 07/01/17. I have tried No-S about three or four times, never really lasting long, maybe a week and then blowing it on the S days. Something feels different about this time, probably because I read jus about every post on this board, and I just feel like something clicked. I don't really care how long it takes me to get down to a healthy BMI, the top range being 169 for my height, but I sure do feel relieved that I have found a path that I know can work for me.

I have been trying to work on habits alone instead of dieting this year anyway, so I remembered No-S and its emphasis on building habits. On May 1st, I gave up regular soda (and ALL sugary drinks). On June 1st, I gave up diet soda as well (and all fake sugary drinks). On July 1st I was trying to future out what to give up next when I stumbled upon No-S again and just immediately dove in. I feel fantastic about that decision and I just hope it "sticks." So far, I am having zero problems in that department.

So far, on my S days, I have kept the B,L,D structure of the day, purposefully adding in a desert and a snack on each day in order to make sure I don't cave during the next week of N-days. I am not sure if this is a good strategy or not, but its a start and I will see how it makes me feel and if it causes me to want to snack between meals or anything. I can say that I bought a pretty expensive brownie, topped with a chocolate chunk cookie, and I cut it in half and used that half along with a scoop of chocolate ice cream to build a mini-sundae each day and it was definitely entirely too sweet and rich. Also, I could definitely taste the chemicals in it, so that was a turn off. It was also exciting to scoff at such a desert as I would never have imagined doing so in my wildest dreams a few weeks ago! LOL

Anyway, this morning I was 253.4 so I am moving downward. (yesterday I was 251.4!) I do know that the scale is going to be an issue for me as I am tempted to stand on it every single time I use the bathroom. I am contemplating moving it out to the garage and only bringing it in when I can feel that I am losing because my clothes are looser, etc. This will be my main battle, I believe, but given the success rate of the people who stick to this way of eating for years, I feel very comfortable losing weight slowly because I know in the end I will be where I am supposed to be. SUCH A RELIEF!

Whosonfirst

Post by Whosonfirst » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:51 pm

Good to see you posting on the check in thread. Keep it up. How often you step on a scale is entirely up to you. I personally use mine at most, once a week, usually less often. I like the mirror/clothes fit check to let me know how I'm doing.
https://twitter.com/SipeEngineering
Current weight(9/2020)-212 lbs.
Goal Weight- 205 lbs.
NoS Goal: >= 80% Success days

Merry

Post by Merry » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:59 am

Great first check-in! I'm LOL about the sundae--on the one hand, it sounds so great! But on the other hand, I've had that experience--where I previously would have thought something was so great and now find it too sweet or it has that chemical taste etc...

Carry on!
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

splandrea

Post by splandrea » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:27 pm

I am still here, still all green so far, but I suppose that's normal for the beginning. I have little mini fears that my first red day will put me in a tailspin, so I'm going to buy the book to read a few hundred times! Lol

And I have decided to definitely take the scale away from myself, at least move it to the closet. That darn thing lures me in often.

kaia

Post by kaia » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:23 am

I had a couple of red days last week too but I was able to recover! You will be able to do it too 8) And definitely I read the NoS book a lot, a few minutes at a time, but I always find good new wisdom in there that helps get me through the day. Thanks for checking in with me, we can do the same for each other :D
We must guard against anything that might weaken a valuable habit. Every added link in the chain strengthens the habit - and any break in the chain marks a potential stopping point - Gretchen Rubin, Better Than Before

Merry

Post by Merry » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:02 am

Splandrea wrote:I am still here, still all green so far, but I suppose that's normal for the beginning. I have little mini fears that my first red day will put me in a tailspin, so I'm going to buy the book to read a few hundred times! Lol
I was afraid of my first red day too, but just remember--mark it and move on. It's not that big a deal.

It can also help to remember that just because you have a red "event" on a day, doesn't mean you need to throw the whole day out. Many of us have posted about a "successful red day" where instead of just giving up, we had a good rest of the day after whatever the failure was. Sometimes experiencing that kind of success is really encouraging.

Good for you for getting the book--definitely helped me with a lot of the psychological aspects of No-S!
Respect Moderation

splandrea

Post by splandrea » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:05 pm

So I think my biggest downfall of any eating plan has been messing up, and I am very optimistic that that will not be the case this time with no-S. I said before that it truly does not even feel like a diet, it feels like the opposite of a diet - like something you would do to maintain or make sure you don't go crazy while you are in between diets, except of course my plan is to never "diet" again. Anyway, I purposely had a cup of watermelon yesterday evening just to get "cheating" over with. Not that I wasn't craving the watermelon. And I had forgotten about it with lunch and with dinner so I was kind of annoyed with myself for that. I did not feel one ounce of guilt. Ha!

I do however feel extra hungry this morning. I wonder if this is related to the watermelon. Hmmmm....

I have decided that the next time I am in a good position to weigh myself - I have used the bathroom and its morning and I haven't eaten anything yet - I will weigh in and then move the scale to the closet until August 1st. I really want to weigh on the first of each month - but the scale has always been the thing by which I gauge success, and I have to learn to find other ways - especially with the slow losses on this plan.

splandrea

Post by splandrea » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:23 pm

....and that weigh-in took place this morning.
And the scale has been moved! Phew!
07/01/17: 258
Current: 238
Aiming for 180. We shall see...

Merry

Post by Merry » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:57 am

Wahoo!
Respect Moderation

splandrea

Post by splandrea » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:20 am

Still here. Day 14 successful. Having horrendous stomach issues that I thought were solved but came back so much so that I'm scared to eat food for fear of pain. I had eggs on buttered toast with a banana for breakfast and paid for it all day with upper abdominal and back pain. So lunch was plain white rice and dinner was plain oatmeal. Neither of those caused pain so that's good! Anyway, at least I can easily recall the last thing I ate since I only eat three times a day now.

Merry

Post by Merry » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:50 am

Splandrea wrote:Still here. Day 14 successful. Having horrendous stomach issues that I thought were solved but came back so much so that I'm scared to eat food for fear of pain. I had eggs on buttered toast with a banana for breakfast and paid for it all day with upper abdominal and back pain. So lunch was plain white rice and dinner was plain oatmeal. Neither of those caused pain so that's good! Anyway, at least I can easily recall the last thing I ate since I only eat three times a day now.
Sorry you're in pain. I used to have frequent bouts of duodenitis and a few other stomach pains quite a bit. After being on No-S for several months, I found my stomach got the rest it needed to heal and I stopped having trouble. Not sure if that's what you're dealing with, but I hope you will feel better soon.
Respect Moderation

splandrea

Post by splandrea » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:26 pm

Merry! I hope that happens for me too.

I don't know what is wrong with by stomach. I had my gallbladder out 12 years ago, but what I am feeling feels like gallbladder pain. And it was happening sporadically a few weeks ago, but got more and more concentrated, let up, and then got worse again. I am keeping a food journal so I can just identify the culprits and remove them from my diet, for now. At least I know that I can live pain-free so far on oatmeal, rice, grapes, strawberries, and life cereal with a small amount of milk. LOL. Oh, and bagels seem okay too.

Grateful for S day weekends right now so I can experiment with food all day and get a good solid plan for no pain next week, fingers crossed!

splandrea

Post by splandrea » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:19 pm

Yuck! I forgot how eating a lot of sugar makes you feel like you are starving to death later on. I overdid it yesterday so I am eating normally today and I won't eat a snack or sweet unless something special comes up. I ate in a very disordered fashion yesterday and I didn't like it. maybe next weekend not so much sugar. Blech!

Edited to say that I doubled my over the counter dose of omeprazole and didn't have nearly as much tummy trouble today.

ChandaLikePanda

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:37 pm

I'm glad you're not having as much stomach trouble. The way you described it, it almost sounds like you have a gluten allergy... But then I don't know if there is gluten in Life cereal, because you seemed to be able to eat that. Do you usually get any pain or sickness from eating bread?

splandrea

Post by splandrea » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:20 pm

I literally have no idea what it could be. Every time I think I pin down a particular food group, it changes, or at least it seems to! I do know for certain without a doubt that I cannot eat avocado (sad!) but that has been established for almost 10 years now.

So the weekend was not everything I hoped it would be and more. I bought myself a little "treat" at the bakery section of Winco during my weekly shopping trip on Saturday morning. It was a box of like pistachio flavored pound cake, sliced up. I did eat quite a bit Saturday but I felt fine with that decision, IF I were able to not eat any on Sunday. But I did. I ate too much of it. In fact, there is only once slice left this morning. Usually my kids take my food. Why hasn't my son eaten it?! If it gets to be too much for my willpower I will throw it away.

I did well without stomach issues until after dinner yesterday, and then the whole night was painful. I am almost positive it is just gas I am dealing with - but why is it so painful? I did not keep track of what I ate yesterday but dinner was tortilla chips with melted cheese and a bit of sour cream and salsa.

Oh well. I am happy that it is Monday! Here's to a "green" week! =D

splandrea

Post by splandrea » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:48 pm

I am feeling like a crybaby.
I got the scale out, against my better judgment, and I am back almost to my starting weight.

I have no messed up once, only had one S-day that was not controlled, and it is day 19. I just feel like, if I am doing this correctly, that the weight would be coming off, at least the water portion of it, am I right?!

No, I am not quitting. Just annoyed as ever. Not my time of the month either, two weeks to go for that. I just took a waist measurement so that I have a different "scale" to measure by.

Its especially annoying as I "feel" lighter. Yes, its a good feeling. But if the end result is me gaining weight... I will be so sad.

Merry

Post by Merry » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:27 am

Any one scale measurement is pretty meaningless. Look at how your weight yo-yo-ed back when you posted on the 11th--one day was 2 lbs. higher than the previous one. Reinhard suggests weighing several times and taking an average to try to get an accurate weight.

I weigh daily (because I want to--it's actually less stressful to me rather than stress-inducing), and my weight can fluctuate quite a bit at times. Too much salt, driving, exercise, all can make me retain water. Just before my cycle I tend to drop a couple of pounds for a day (I'm not sure why!), but it's never a true drop in weight.

All that to say--don't make decisions or let yourself react to one weight measurement. Maybe it's accurate, maybe not.

I decided early on that if I plateaued for 3 or more months, then I'd look at whether I needed to tweak things. That wouldn't mean giving up No-S, but looking at why I stalled and responding. (Things like caloric drinks, plates that are too full, plates that are too large, eating too much junk for meals etc... are all things that are not too difficult to tweak if the weight isn't dropping.)

Anyway...hang in there!
Respect Moderation

seen_above_mist

Post by seen_above_mist » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:21 am

Personally I can easily fluctuate 1kg in a week (a bit more than 2 lbs I believe) so I'm not taking too much notice of weight except over the long term.

For me, my current plan is to follow the habit for 3-6 weeks and see how it goes, and then if I haven't lost any weight by the time I feel I have the habit sorted, I will look at adjustments within the habit (like Merry suggested).

If you're trying to lose weight, it can be scary to just let go and follow the system for a while, but I think developing the habit will help you implement later changes more effectively. It also gives you a good consistent baseline to compare against when you do implement those changes.

You can do it!

splandrea

Post by splandrea » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:55 am

I had a moment of clarity, noticing today that my dinner plate was huge. Just feels good to notice something like that. I finally also shook that needing to lose weight faster feeling. If I lose 2 pounds a month for the first year, I will be satisfied.

splandrea

Post by splandrea » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:27 am

I am definitely not leaving the plan, but I don't want to only maintain or lose next to nothing if I don't have to.

I dont really want to modify, I'm just looking for reassurance that if I do this, I will be healthier.

splandrea

Post by splandrea » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:11 pm

Such a relief this morning - the scale finally moved! Now I can relax.

I have been impatient lately about my habits. I don't know why. I have been easily changing them left and right - and NoS has made a HUGE contribution to me being able to do that. I even quit smoking COLD TURKEY 11 days ago without any problem and just a few small cravings in the first few days. Once NoS gave me almost instant control of my binge eating problem, I felt in control of most areas of my life. I am sure that I will binge again - or at least eat too much in one sitting - but my mindset is never again going to be that "binge mindset" we all know and loathe!

What is going on here?!

Anyway, I have been stuck on the TIME it takes to change your eating habits permanently. I know everything is a learning process, and we discover new things about ourselves along the journey of NoS, but I could not give myself over 100% to that process until I knew for sure that the scale would at least be going in the right direction. Now that I know that what I feel like eating every day, right now at the beginning, is not an amount of food that is going to cause the scale to go up, I feel more free than I already did. I feel light today. I am happy.

Moving on to the next habit of very (very) slowly training myself to clean my house - Fly Lady style! This is an area of perfectionism that is SO BAD, I cant clean my house unless it is spotless. There is no in between. It's a weird issue to have and its not the way I think all the time, but sometimes I just let it get too messy for comfort. Ugh. Right now, its a little off track because I have been devoting so much time to staying really focused in NoS, coming up with ways to combat "diet head", reading about strategies for not turning S events into S days, and just generally being a NoS NERD right now. I still haven't ordered the book - I keep forgetting (literally how is that even possible?) But when I finally do it will be nice to have something new to read :)

Very thankful to have this bulletin board - reading the check-ins (especially the long ones) helps me to compare and contrast and just keeps me really motivated.

What other diet plan can you go on and be so elated over a 4 pound weight loss in three weeks? LOL :lol:

splandrea

Post by splandrea » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:49 pm

I eat a lot of sugar on Saturdays but I noticed that I am kind of making myself eat the stuff I thought I wanted all week.

splandrea

Post by splandrea » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:46 pm

Still here. Still dislike weekends. I did actually go crazy this time, and I know exactly why. Sugar turns me into a crazy person! I'm not ready to make modifications. I need to come up with some strategies to have my sugar and eat it too. :)

splandrea

Post by splandrea » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:01 pm

Okay, so I know for sure that I need to keep the B,L,D structure on the weekends. That is all I have decided so far. I think I will just try to get through the weekend like that (not worrying about if I am eating anything in addition to B,L,D) and see if that makes it better - hopefully I will be hungry at mealtimes. Also, I am going out of town for the weekend (for a baby shower!) so I don't know if that will make it easier or harder.

I forgot to mention, I think I know what is causing my stomach pains. I am almost positive that it is my sparkling water. I read a few articles about carbonation being the culprit. Now all I have to do is give up my sparkling water (dang it!!!!!!) and see if the pain goes away.

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:12 pm

Hello Splandrea,
I am in my seventh year of No S. I started with a goal to get under 30 BMI. I lost 45 lbs in year one and accomplished that goal. I have a secondary goal to get under 25 BMI which is more elusive. I felt so much better after year one that I got lazy. I settled in with the basic No S habits and became complacent about being overweight, but not obese.

I have maintained my weight loss, and I have successfully gotten control when my weight has crept up. I am back to regular posting right now because I gained weight in the last 6 months of 2016 during a period of high stress. Posting and reading other posts helps. I am almost back at my maintenance weight (of 6 years), but I know I need to get better control of my food choices and move on to lose more.

Things I do that may work for you:
The first year I only weighed once a month. Now I weigh whenever I feel like it, but I am no longer tied to the scale like I was pre No S.

On S days, I start out eating like every other day. If a temptation crosses my path, I indulge, but it is much more controlled than before. I used to have a hard time stopping when I indulged. For example, I went to a baby shower this weekend and indulged in a plate with a mini sandwich, fruit, a small cupcake with no frosting, and a small piece of fruit pizza. I still ate three other meals that day, but the evening meal was more snack size. I have come to the point where one deviation from N days does not derail me. It took the whole first year to get to this point. I now relax on S days but do not go wild.

I forgive myself. I am far from perfect and regularly have reds.

I spend more time on this site when I am struggling.

Good luck!
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.

splandrea

Post by splandrea » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:09 am

Wow, seven years is outstanding!

Thank you for your insight.

I was thinking about asking people who had been successful with the plan to give me ideas about things they either did that they felt were the key to their success, or things they wished they would have done, or just neat things that they are glad they did do.

splandrea

Post by splandrea » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:01 pm

FYI - The best thing ever: Vanilla or plain Greek yogurt, frozen blueberries, and a whole bunch of wheat germ! To me it tastes very much like cheesecake, but its super healthy. YUMMMMMM!

splandrea

Post by splandrea » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:10 pm

I love waiting to eat until mealtime! I never thought I could love it, but I do. SO LAME :oops:

Whosonfirst

Post by Whosonfirst » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:43 am

splandrea wrote:I love waiting to eat until mealtime! I never thought I could love it, but I do. SO LAME :oops:
Kind of my experience as well. That yogurt dish with froZen blueberries and wheat germ sounds like something I may try.
https://twitter.com/SipeEngineering
Current weight(9/2020)-212 lbs.
Goal Weight- 205 lbs.
NoS Goal: >= 80% Success days

splandrea

Post by splandrea » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:03 pm

THE ANNOYING THING is that I am having nothing but Green Days and I feel like I should be losing faster. Yesterday I was a pound over my starting weight. I'm just slaying this thing and annoyed with the scale right now. Poooop!

splandrea

Post by splandrea » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:31 am

Okay I'm over the scale thing (for however long it lasts). I keep "forgetting" that I have lymphedema in both legs. Even though my legs don't balloon up really big (or haven't yet?) I still carry a lot of extra water which fluctuates.

I think it's that with weight loss diets I usually instantly drop a lot of water right away and that isn't happening this time. Probably because it's not drastic. <-------- ATTENTION FUTURE PANICKING ANDREA. lol

splandrea

Post by splandrea » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:37 pm

So I woke up this morning with a lot less water in my legs and I am actually down another pound. YAY!! 😀

splandrea

Post by splandrea » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:48 am

SUCCESSES all month so far! Kicking butt over here :) I even had a very very calm weekend where only 1/2 a kit Kat bar was consumed outside my regular three meals. I even had 2 meals a day twice this week because I forgot to eat!

splandrea

Post by splandrea » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:37 am

Still doing great. Though on Wednesday I got too hungry and ended up halfway through a bag of cheetos. Darn it! Oh well. Hoping for a calm and controlled weekend. No planned treats.

splandrea

Post by splandrea » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:46 am

I forgot to mention, you guys should see my clean (for the most part) house! It's inspired!

splandrea

Post by splandrea » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:33 am

Today I was bested by (a lot of) Dutch apple pie and vanilla ice cream. Soooooo goooood.

Merry

Post by Merry » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:19 am

splandrea wrote:I forgot to mention, you guys should see my clean (for the most part) house! It's inspired!
Woot woot! Awesome! :)
Respect Moderation

splandrea

Post by splandrea » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:21 am

Officially 10 pounds lighter!

Merry

Post by Merry » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:09 am

yeah! Way to go!
Respect Moderation

splandrea

Post by splandrea » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:33 pm

13 pounds are gone!

My 18 yr old daughter is showing interest. I so hope she goes for it. I would love it if she could spare herself a lifetime of diet mentality!

Lilybug

Post by Lilybug » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:33 am

Wow! That's great!

I would love to hear what is working for you. Just vanilla?

splandrea

Post by splandrea » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:31 pm

100 percent vanilla. No modifications. And I give into almost every craving on s days if a quick attempt at distracting myself doesn't work. Zero suffering. I don't even always make the best meal choices. I just eat whatever every one else is eating (though I'm addicted to fruit so i try to eat a lot of it, when I can afford it. I'm mostly eating it all on weekends because Saturday is shopping day and my kids and I fight over the fruit. Lol we are all addicted to it. It's a wonder we aren't all thin (my daughter is just barely obese and my son is a linebacker! And he's only just starting puberty so I'm scared! LOL!)

splandrea

Post by splandrea » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:52 am

Just to note, for motivation if I need it later, my jeans are baggy and my son complemented me on noticeable loss.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:08 am

Wonderful--you're doing great!
:twisted: SW: 210 lbs
CW: 172
GW:160

Lilybug

Post by Lilybug » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:02 am

ðŸ‘ðŸ»ðŸ‘ðŸ»ðŸ‘ðŸ»ðŸ‘ðŸ»ðŸ‘ðŸ»

That's great!!!

Merry

Post by Merry » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:44 pm

splandrea wrote:Just to note, for motivation if I need it later, my jeans are baggy and my son complemented me on noticeable loss.
WAHOOO! :D
Respect Moderation

splandrea

Post by splandrea » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:07 pm

Still kicking butt. Saw 239 on the scale but not counting it yet. So happy! I started telling people about NoS on facebook. I can't help myself. A lot of people ask me if it's a scam, because it's too good to be true! THANK YOU REINHARD!!!!!!!!! Seriously from the bottom of my heart. I literally think of myself as temporarily obese now. How crazy is that?!

Merry

Post by Merry » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:07 am

splandrea wrote:Still kicking butt. Saw 239 on the scale but not counting it yet. So happy! I started telling people about NoS on facebook. I can't help myself. A lot of people ask me if it's a scam, because it's too good to be true! THANK YOU REINHARD!!!!!!!!! Seriously from the bottom of my heart. I literally think of myself as temporarily obese now. How crazy is that?!
Temporarily obese--love it!

And LOL about it being a scam--if people could only understand...
Respect Moderation

jenji

Post by jenji » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:00 am

splandrea wrote:Still kicking butt. Saw 239 on the scale but not counting it yet. So happy! I started telling people about NoS on facebook. I can't help myself. A lot of people ask me if it's a scam, because it's too good to be true! THANK YOU REINHARD!!!!!!!!! Seriously from the bottom of my heart. I literally think of myself as temporarily obese now. How crazy is that?!
Good for you! Keep up your good habits.
I'm a 53-year-old mom and non-profit CEO
I am 5' 7.5"
Began No S at 184#, BMI 28.4 - 9/25/2017
Current weight: 181#, BMI 27.9, 12/19/2022

splandrea

Post by splandrea » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:28 pm

In just under 17 weeks, I am officially 15 pounds down, another 2 pounds in just under two weeks! AMAZING! This is hands down the easiest thing in the entire world. I have had all green days since the second month when I experimented and "tested" myself with food - 2 meals per day, leading to a few "extra" meals/snacks that were not planned for due to hunger. Turns out, Vanilla No S is PERFECTLY designed to keep you fed, satisfied, and best of all, NEVER GUILTY, thus eliminating the "diet" mindset (at least for me!)

Now I just need to get my butt exercising!

piyare08

Post by piyare08 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:50 pm

Congratulations that is amazing progress! You are seriously motivating me to stick with Vanilla No S and not modifying at least for the first month or so.

Exercise would be great too. I find that I do best when I don't pressure myself about it. Just moving for the sake of moving does the trick. A short walk, a 15 minute HIIT workout, some yoga... anything is better than nothing!

SpiritSong

Post by SpiritSong » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:41 pm

Wow, what great results!

I am lucky in that exercising isn't an issue for me. My personal trainer (a rescue dog named Luna) harasses me in the morning until I take her on her half hour walk.

splandrea

Post by splandrea » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:57 pm

So I have decided to try to stay off the scale for a few months. I'm doing great but feeling antsy with the slower weight loss during the holidays. I'm still chugging along. The only red days I have are days where I allow myself an apple after dinner, which is rare and only out of guilt for not eating enough produce that day. I hope I can stay off the scale until I have a noticeable loss (in my clothing) and take the stress that weighing daily (tracking in a wonderful for NoS app called Happy Scale) during the holidays is proving to be for me. Ain't nobody got time for that! Lol