Lin21's Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Lin21

Lin21's Check In

Post by Lin21 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:24 pm

Today I am making a fresh start! I plan to check in at least weekly.

My non-vanilla No S guidelines:

3-4 meals a day, 7 days a week

One meal comprised of anything I desire, the other 2-3 meals, very low carb and use a small plate.

I am testing this mod out for 30 days, and will tweak only if needed after giving it that solid trial period.

PLEASE.....no judgment, I really need to find what works best for ME that I can stick with long-term.

Using podcast #13 on Strictness as my motivation, the words of wisdom there are priceless!
Lin21

jenji

Post by jenji » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:57 am

Good luck!
I'm a 53-year-old mom and non-profit CEO
I am 5' 7.5"
Began No S at 184#, BMI 28.4 - 9/25/2017
Current weight: 181#, BMI 27.9, 12/19/2022

Lin21

Post by Lin21 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:43 pm

Thank you Jenji!

3 green days in a row and today was a red, popcorn one hour after lunch caved to my craving...should have included it WITH my lunch.
Lin21