Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gestational diabetes???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Panther

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:53 am    Post subject: Gestational diabetes??? Reply with quote

I just found out that I have gestational diabetes, I am 30 weeks along. Has anyone had experience with no s and gestational diabetes, or just diabetes in general? Thank you
jenji

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is going to be obvious, but this is a question for your OB/GYN first and foremost. I'm guessing you can do No S and follow the gestational diabetes diet. I haven't had to do it, but I have had friends get gestational diabetes, and it seemed to be mostly low sugar (including low fruit, surprisingly).
Current weight 167#, BMI 25.8 - 8/8/2018
Merry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dh was prediabetic about 10 years ago, and his dr. gave him 3 months to try to turn things around or consider medication. He went to the instructional classes the nutritionists offered at the hospital on how to eat. The biggest things were counting carbs (and fruit counts because you can get a blood-sugar spike from that too) based on your weight, spacing them out, getting protein with meals, whole grains vs. simple carbs, and daily exercise. Depending on your current diet, No-S on its own might not be enough (and S days would have to be more tightly controlled). I think it could certainly help, but I'd run everything by your doctor (and I'm not sure how gestational diabetes will differ specifically from regular diabetes). You really want a healthy outcome for mom and baby, even if that means abandoning No-S for a time to do whatever your dr. says--totally worth it in the end! I hope this last trimester goes well for you!
Respect Moderation
Panther

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: