Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Missy's Meals & Check In

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In
View previous topic :: View next topic  
missywilde70

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Missy's Meals & Check In Reply with quote

My modified NO S plan is 3 meals a day of any food-nothing off limits, 7 days a week ("stolen" from Lifeisablessing's mod!). I do not take weekend S days, but do take "extra special" S days, keeping moderation in mind. And lastly, in case of a true emergency ONLY, I allow a 4th mini very healthy meal - nearing a feeling of passing out from hunger required.

My meals for yesterday:

Breakfast:

Green smoothie
(white grape juice, kale, frozen peaches, splash of raspberry syrup)
2 eggs
Canadian Bacon
Hash Browns

Lunch:

Beet Salad with Arugula, sliced almonds and mustard vinegarette
Fish Sticks
Fruit Fluff

Dinner:

CopyCat "make it at home" Chipotle Burrito Bowl
Coconut Milk Ice cream - Chocolate Flavor

Satisfied & on Plan! GREEN DAY!
LifeisaBlessing

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again Missy!

Your plan sounds great--as I'm a very firm member of Team Mod, I think this will work out beautifully! Smile

Your breakfast yesterday actually reminded me of one of my favorites from McDonald's--the classic Egg McMuffin! Yum! Sometimes I'll even have it for dinner since they now serve certain portions of their breakfast menu all day. Love it!

This is such a doable approach to NoS. It respects the fact that you do need boundaries--in this case portion control--but it allows you the freedom to choose what foods you'd like within those boundaries. For me, I've found that limiting the volume of food is more than enough. Anything else beyond that is too restrictive, and is a recipe for failure.

Best wishes as you move forward and welcome to the NoS boards! Smile

~Jimmy Dean
missywilde70

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blessing - thank you for commenting again - LOVE the reference to needing the boundaries but also needing freedom within the boundaries, couldn't have said it better!

So glad you have chosen to be here for those of us still struggling or starting our journies, even long after you have reached your goal. Thank you.

Very Happy
missywilde70

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUCCESS

Yesterday's meals:

Breakfast:

Green Smoothie
Leftover piece of broasted chicken
Bread and Butter

Lunch:

Very Tasty Salad Plate: assorted pickled veg, greens with oil/vinegar, fresh raw veg, salami, cheese, sesame sticks, and a small amount of honey roasted nuts
One scoop of chocolate coconut milk ice cream with one crumbled oreo on top

Dinner:

Most of a chicken pot pie, so filling I did not eat it all
LifeisaBlessing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're doing great Missy! Smile And I'm happy to help--that was one of my reasons for joining the boards almost two years ago. Smile

If you get the chance, take a moment to read the article that ZippaDee linked to over in the General Discussion forum. It's NoS-like, and really invaluable with tons of common-sense strategies for weight loss! Smile

~Jimmy Dean
missywilde70

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUCCESS

Yesterday's Meals:

Breakfast:

Smoothie
Eggs and Toast

Lunch:

cup of tomato soup, 1/2 chile lime chicken salad & 1/2 plain bagel with cream cheese - Panera

Dinner:

Salmon, Rice, Peas, handful of mini m&ms

Not sure if during this busy holiday season I can keep up with daily meals and check in maybe few times a week until Jan!
missywilde70

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blessing - the straighforwardfatloss article, I actually read that a few months back found it on my own --- I guess I am a research junkie.

Oh, and I also bought his book from Amazon and read it too.

I also own and refer to Georgie Fear's Lean Habits often as well, also a great resource, love her down to earth yet practical approach. Also very No S friendly!

Thank you for the reference, anything that keeps my focus on this way of eating is always encouraging and motivating!
missywilde70

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUCCESSfull--ish

Sunday and Monday I still stuck to 3 meals a day, although lunch and supper both days "supersized" IMO, so not sure if I will call those two days complete successes. However, I am very encouraged that I did not eat outside of mealtimes.

Evaluating meal composition for the past two days, lack of decent amount of protein was very evident and that may be what lead me to eat larger portions.

So, I am going to Keep Calm and NO S on...
oolala53

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onwards!
Jan/12-26.8
Mar/13-24.9 Stayed at +/- 8-lb. for three years Sept/17 22.8 (but harder to maintain)
Dec/17 23.8

There is no S better than Vanilla No S.
LifeisaBlessing

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missy--you're doing fine! Like oolala said, "Onwards!" Smile

It's always a great idea to do what you're doing: reflecting back on possibly what caused you to eat more than you wanted to. Over the last almost-two years I've been NoSing, I've really played around with my protein amounts. I used to supplement with protein bars that tasted great, but unfortunately, the sugar alcohols did NOT agree with me, so I gave them up. I think they were also causing me to be a bit obsessed over protein, so in a way, I'm glad I had to give them up to get back to a more "normal" approach to food.

Also, give yourself some days that you will naturally feel a bit more hungry than others. Hormonal changes throughout the month can really affect hunger levels, as well as the amount of sleep you get. I had a bout of insomnia earlier this week, and yesterday, my hunger level was through the roof! Surprised Because of the amount of food I ate in the morning and early afternoon, I ended up skipping dinner (my own little version of IF), so no caloric harm done, but it never fails to amaze me how lack of sleep can really make my hunger signals go haywire.

In any case, just keep moving forward, and definitely make note of food/situations/moods and how they affect your eating and hunger levels. This journey is truly a lifelong learning process! Smile

~Jimmy Dean
missywilde70

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blessing! So funny you mentioned the sleep factor, I have been waking up more than an hour earlier for several days in a row now, and not making up the lost sleep, so that could definitely be part of it. I am waiting for the crash, but I just keep on tikin'...maybe the excitement of getting ready for the holidays as my "to do" list is the first thing on my mind at 4 am!

Another thing I am noticing as time goes on, my IBS and food sensitivity symptoms are improving significantly. I really believe that fasted time in between meals is very healing to our digestive systems.

Sometimes I think HOW did I get so derailed from just eating normally? I gained 5 pounds at my first office job at age 17, boss said I was getting a little chubby so crash dieted, and now it's been 30 years of on and off the latest diet, and up and down on the scale, mostly up, and for the past several years I have about 50, not 5 pounds to lose! (I am the queen of run-on sentences!)

Thank God (and Mr. Engels) for NO S SANITY! And many others here who have posted their experiences to lead me to this way of living (notice I did not say way of eating). I think I am going to sometime soon make a list of all the other influential people, books, websites, blogs, youtube videos etc. that support this type of plan to refer back to for encouragement.

I recently have truly accepted the fact that to get to where I want to be, there will be times I will stumble. I believe is a pivotal moment in my ability to stick with this for the long haul. There will be good days and not so good days, but the important thing is to get right back on the horse.

After two days of feeling slightly like I overate, so far today is very good, I truly have less appetite. I am feeling satisfied comfortable with less food today. Confident it will all balance out.

That's all for now, time for a gift wrapping marathon!
missywilde70

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, So many sick days in a row, holidays and then more sick days Crying or Very sad

So finally feeling better and back on track, actually lost 2 pounds due to sick days..mostly living on chicken soup and fruit most of the time.

Yesterday's meals

Green smoothie, eggs and toast

Finnish Meat Pie, salad

Hamburger, Fries and veggies and dip, apple pie
gingerpie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you're feeling better. Smile
LifeisaBlessing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see you're feeling better! Smile And chicken soup is one of my favorite foods of all time--so many great things about it!

Happy new year! Smile

~Jimmy Dean
missywilde70

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checking in - had a few RED days after recovering from the almost 4 week illness. After I was fully recovered I was ravenous for several days, I must have undereaten when I was ill, or maybe just needed to eat more after being ill, not sure but it was TRUE hunger. I really craved seconds/very large portions of things like veggies, baked potatoes and meat, red med in particular. So at least I wasn't overeating junkfood anyway.

No change in weight since last check in.

Meals for yesterday:

Smoothie
Eggs and Toast

Trader Joe's Orange Chicken and Rice
Ice Cream sundae

Hamburger, fries and salad (homecooked), and for "dessert", big spoon of peanut butter. Odd combo, I know...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: