Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Heather221 Daily Check in

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HeatherG

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Heather221 Daily Check in Reply with quote

Getting set up for tomorrow - first day. Going for green...and a little nervous.
gingerpie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no need for nervousness Wink It's just a process of learning about yourself. Try to think of each new nugget of information as a treasure and you'll do fine. Best of luck today.
milliem

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Heather, it's my first 'N day' today as well (this time round anyway), good luck! Smile
Merry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you're having a good week so far Smile

2 years and counting on No-S

28 lbs. down, 35 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
HeatherG

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, and thank you for your encouragements. Monday and today were green, but Tuesday was a Failure. The good bit was that that failure remained as one day only and I am back on track.
HeatherG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another green day.
Merry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wahoo!

HeatherG

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your support Merry. I've been reading some of the online discussions and find your 'story' very encouraging, esp. to see how sustainable you have found this.
Octavia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck Heather. I've just started my third (or so) go at NoS!

I reckon the gentle art of recovering from a fail is actually one of the most important skills of moderation! Now you have that under your belt, you are even stronger.

Hope you have a good day.
HeatherG

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks Octavia, yes, I reckon that saying 'to be hung for a sheep as for a lamb' is not good when applied to eating...so learning to draw a line under a fail and move on is important. Hope your re-start is going well. Heather
Merry

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HeatherG wrote:
Thanks for your support Merry. I've been reading some of the online discussions and find your 'story' very encouraging, esp. to see how sustainable you have found this.

You're welcome; I'm so glad!

HeatherG

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A red day - the one good thing to say is that it is not due to my most 'normal' dietary slip ups - No S seems to be addressing them quite well.
HeatherG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and Happy New Year. The schools are back, the guests have gone (15 days of house guests) and the festive food has almost left the house, and I'm back for a good run at No S.
HeatherG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject: A red day Reply with quote

Hmmm, what was today a green or a red? I think I need to log it as a red, which I am disappointed about. I made a banana and yogurt shake for my kids at 3.15 and made too much - so I ate the extra - just plain, natural yogurt and about half a banana. But it was still food - therefore a snack. Grrr, I had been hoping for a green streak this week. However, this is about learning how to do this - so I feel I must make it red so that I learn not to eat between meals as this is fundamental to No S isn't it?? I read the podcast - no 41 I think about 'confessing' what made the day a failure. So there you go...banana and plain yogurt.
milliem

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the worst fail ever but yes I think making sure you 'count' any times you snack etc. is important when building the habit. My husband offered me some jerky yesterday and I explained that I'm not eating snacks right now, but initially he didn't understand as it's 'healthy' and 'full of protein'. Which is right I guess but for me the habits are important, as a small healthy snack can so easily lead to reaching for multiple snacks or unhealthy ones...
HeatherG

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! yesterday I was more strict because I had had to 'fess up the day before...and so the habits build I hope. Anyway a green for yesterday and I've got a tasty soup made already for lunch today. It always helps to have something nice to look forward to.
HeatherG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've just had the first weekend (S days) and I was surprised at how I ate quite a lot just because I could, and almost felt as if I should. I didn't think I'd do that, and I'm quite glad to get back to a N day today with constraint built in. Just got the No S book and am reading it. Seems that doing S days like this is usual and perhaps even desirable, especially at the start. I'll go with this as hope that my experience is as positive as so many - just need to ge the routines established. About to choose my plate of breakfast - left it till after the school run so I could savour it, (and because I wasn't so hungry - due to yesterday....!) I know what I'm eating all day - so that helps a lot.
HeatherG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two green days - and enjoying three meals a day. Find it still a challenge at points - show how much I must have nibbled. No S much needed therefore!
HeatherG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three green days - best yet! Drank milk today - as suggested in the book - because I really was hungry and about to go sledging with the kids.
HeatherG

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems as though as the week goes on I find the no snacking in the afternoon harder. Maybe I need to eat a little more for lunch as I have found myself ratty with the children and tired before the evening meal. But I have one more meal to go and I will have a week long green streak!!
milliem

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good week! Nothing wrong with experimenting with the size of your N day plates to ensure that they are enough to satisfy you until the next meal Smile
Apprentice1981

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heather, sounds like your habit is on its way of being cemented. Keep pressing on. Overtime you will learn what it takes to be satisfied from meal to meal. Also, your body will go through HUNGRY days with no matter how much you eat at any of the meals. That's my experience. On those days I drink some milk to get me through. Sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn't. I cling to God to help me during those times. I remind myself that it's ok to be hungry and that I have plenty of reserve to draw upon. Have a blessed self-controlled S days weekend!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: