Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FreeandEasy's 2018 Daily Check in

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freeandeasy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject: FreeandEasy's 2018 Daily Check in Reply with quote

Hey there, happy new year!
I've made the commitment to stick with No S for 1 full year.
I've dabbled with it for about a year, but am making a bigger commitment to it to reap the benefits.

I have made some mods to No S for myself:
3 meals a day, No snacking, no seconds, 7 days a week.
I have found that on the S days I really did not enjoy snacking at all. I love the 3 meal a day structure and it has become very easy for me, so I'm sticking with that. Also, I do allow sweets any day of the week, but it has to fit on my 1 plate (without a lot of vertical stacking!).

Unrelated, I've also chosen to eliminate alcohol for 2018. I have a good amount of weight to lose and I don't need the calories. I also find I get hungrier when I drink and my will to not eat in that state is pretty low. So away it goes for 2018! (2 days down and so far so good:)

First 2 days of January are right on track. I can't wait to see what this year brings.
I don't know that I'll check in here every day, but I do plan to check in at least once a week. And update my habitcal regularly. That is such a great tool and I really love it.

Here's to a great new year for all of us!

Starting Weight 249.1. Goal Weight 145
Jan '18 249.1
CamperRose

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your mods. I'm doing something similar after one year of losing followed by a year of maintenance, no snacks or desserts except for social events, otherwise No S 7 days a week. Best wishes for a successful 2018!

Rose
ladybird30

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi freeandeasy - congratulations on making a commitment to No S for one year. I too have decided to stick with 3 meals, 7 days per week.

I chose to report once a week - I knew I wouldn't be able to keep up daily reporting, and I think that consistency is important in habit building. The weekly reporting has kept me accountable.

All the best for 2018 and lots of green days.
Merry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you have a great 2018 and that you'll check in on the 2018 challenge thread too!

2 years and counting on No-S

28 lbs. down, 35 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
freeandeasy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Camper Rose, Ladybird30 and Merry,
Thank you, and happy new year!
Here's to wishing us all lots of success and lots of green days, as you so beautifully put it ladybird30!

Cheers!
Kathryn

Jan '18 249.1
freeandeasy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far I've had 4 green days, yay! That's green each day since I started.

Me and my spouse have a tradition of going to happy hour every Friday night with a friend of ours. Normally I would have had a couple of hard ciders and some pizza. But tonight I had kombucha tea, and skipped the pizza ( I wasn't hungry and didn't want that to be my meal).

The kombucha was a treat and happily, I didn't miss the alcohol.
So, my year of No S an no alcohol is off to a good start.

I'm so glad I've already got some No S under my belt because sticking with 3 meals and no snacks is easy, and I actually prefer it now. This year I get to really hone in on not having seconds (I'm successful at it, but it's more tempting that snacking) and eating reasonably sized portions.

Also, I am watching my carbs a bit. I'm not counting them, but I've been curious for a while if that would help with my weight and bloating (sorry, TMI I know!). So far so good, and it's curbed my appetite a bit as well. I will continue to do that as long as I feel good and enjoy it.

Jan '18 249.1
gingerpie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on your success! Feels good doesn't it?
Strawberry Roan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy New Year ! Sounds like you are very motivated and nothing breeds success like success so keep on keeping on !

I saw this on another board by a poster who has also decided to eliminate alcohol for the new year, makes so much sense -

Here’s what I learned over the holiday period:
1. I’ve pretty much lost my old sweet tooth
2. I don’t have to eat food just because there is the opportunity to do so, even if it’s an ‘occasion’ eg birthday cake at the office
3. Having more than one small glass of wine wipes out all of the above and turns me into a carb-craving monster with no self control.
automatedeating

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi freeandeasy!

Sounds like you are doing well -- congrats!
Your thread is inspirational!
8/17: BMI 25.8
freeandeasy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw shucks, thanks Automatedeating!

Jan '18 249.1
oolala53

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, F&E. Welcome to the first year of the rest of you No S life! (If you like it. You can judge in a year.)
Jan/12-26.8
Mar/13-24.9 Stayed at +/- 8-lb. for three years Sept/17 22.8 (but harder to maintain)
Dec/17 23.8

There is no S better than Vanilla No S.
freeandeasy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies everyone.

Strawberry Roan, I'm sorry that I didn't see your post earlier.
You 100% have my support in the no drinking department. Interesting what you said about it kicking up your cravings. I have the same thing! It's a big part of why I've kicked it to the curb for the year.
So far it' been pretty easy. Today was probably the first day I actually craved it a bit. We had a busy day of deep cleaning our house, and normally I'd have a pint of cider afterward. But not today. So I had a bottle of kombucha instead. I like that it's got the bubbles and feels like a treat, but is lower in calories and doesn't make me crave other stuff.

Jan '18 249.1
freeandeasy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've still been tracking daily and sticking with my 3 meals, no seconds, no snacks.

I had a friend staying with me this week and we ate out a lot. It was still easy to stick with the 3 meals. At restaurants it can be interesting though when it's shared - we had Thai food and I did the virtual plating. I think I did okay, though it's a guestimate.

I also have walking 10000 steps a day, Mon-Fri, on my calendar. So far I have failed completely on that one! I will begin on Tuesday. I've just fallen out of the habit and starting again feels like a lot of work (and time). But once I get back into the swing of things it won't be so bad. At least that's how I remember it before I fell off the walking wagon Laughing

Jan '18 249.1
oolala53

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guestimates at this point are entirely appropriate. Even when we're more adept at "eyeing" the servings, it's often a crapshoot at a restaurant anyway. I usually use my hand parts but it still took me awhile before I didn't find out a few hours later that I had overdone it.
Jan/12-26.8
Mar/13-24.9 Stayed at +/- 8-lb. for three years Sept/17 22.8 (but harder to maintain)
Dec/17 23.8

There is no S better than Vanilla No S.
freeandeasy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks oolala53

Jan '18 249.1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: