Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jen's checkin thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jenji

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back at 174 today. I will try to get a walk in at lunchtime today. It will be good for my brain, too, as I am up to my ears in grant work on short deadlines. Having a moment midday to clear my head sometimes makes me more efficient.

February
✅ ❌ 🐓
🐓 ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅ ❌ 🐓
🐓 ✅ 13 🌋 15 16 🐓
🐓 19 20 21 22 23 🐓
🐓 26 27 28
Current weight 172#, BMI 26.5 - 1/26/2018
jenji

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

February
✅ ❌ 🐓
🐓 ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅ ❌ 🐓
🐓 ✅ ✅ 🌋 15 16 🐓
🐓 19 20 21 22 23 🐓
🐓 26 27 28

Last edited by jenji on Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:43 am; edited 2 times in total
oolala53

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: fried foods. What YOU may not be able to do, and there is no shame in this, is eat little enough of those foods to lose weight and feel happy about it, at least for now. It may take enough effort that it could be as valuable just to expand the repertoire of enjoyable meals and practice intermittently on fried stuff. In fact, that may contribute as much to being satisfied with less as anything.

I would have gotten to a non-overweight BMI a lot faster if I had been happy with a few small servings of S's on S days, but I was never a happy camper when I even tried to do that for the first couple of years. I wanted more sweets most of the time, no matter what I may have said at the time. (I think I was pretty honest, though, about my overages.) And even after positive experiments, there was lots of rebound. I would have some weekends on which I went with my hunger, which was very low, and not fun to cooperate with- I would get just plain TIRED of waiting to be hungry, it would go on so long- and the next week, back to my 20 oz. of milk chocolate. I'm not saying that was causation or correlation or anything. But it did happen.

It's all up to you what you want to experiment with.

I regret that I didn't push myself to exercise more this whole time, but not because it would have caused more weight loss. The evidence for that is quite slim while the adherents are not, despite the infomercials. I read a report once of a woman who was a candidate for a before-and-after for one of them and she said everyone was starving themselves to be chosen. But exercise has so many other benefits! It's second only to quitting smoking for improving chances for long term health. And it's what a person does in middle age that has the biggest effect on the senior years. Alas for me. I am enjoying the changes I've made, but it's likely they won't make as much of an impact as having been prudent 25 years ago would have been. Of course, my senior years were very low on the motivation scale then, just as it's almost impossible to convince college girls that they're going to be sorry when they're 30 that they messed with their eating so much in their youth.

BTW, I'm doing about 5 minutes consistently now. Injury is really putting a dent in my walking activity. Get up while you can! Rah rah rah!

Is it working? Prolly not. Evil or Very Mad

Here's a piece on the sad news about exercise for weight loss.

https://www.sciencealert.com/the-science-is-in-exercise-won-t-help-you-lose-much-weight

But I think there's evidence that exercise is effective for loss maintenance. So you might as well get in the habit now. And you'll very likely feel peppier.
Jan/12-26.8
Mar/13-24.9 Stayed at +/- 8-lb. for three years Sept/17 22.8 (but more fluctuation)
Dec/17 23.8

There is no S better than Vanilla No S.
jenji

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do love running, oolala! I've got that going for me. But I need to make the time and get a routine going again. I am coming up on school vacation, and I know I'll get lots of exercise next week - some runs and some hikes and horseback riding.

I know from personal experience that running a lot does not equal weight loss. I used to joke that I was doing research for a book called "How to Stay Plump Despite Exercise". One year I ran 600 miles and gained weight.

February
✅ ❌ 🐓
🐓 ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅ ❌ 🐓
🐓 ✅ ✅ 🌋 ✅ 16 🐓
🐓 19 20 21 22 23 🐓
🐓 26 27 28
automatedeating

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I used to joke that I was doing research for a book called "How to Stay Plump Despite Exercise".

This made me laugh out loud!
8/17: BMI 25.8
oolala53

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, your body was determined to get ready for the famine! There must have been one you were running away from... Wink
Jan/12-26.8
Mar/13-24.9 Stayed at +/- 8-lb. for three years Sept/17 22.8 (but more fluctuation)
Dec/17 23.8

There is no S better than Vanilla No S.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: